Michael Redding season expectations

We can redshirt most of these freshmen. There's no reason to burn a bunch of redshirts with the new rules in place. Knighton and Chaney will play but the young WRs can each easily redshirt.

Starters:
QB King
RB Harris
WR Harley
WR Pope
WR Wiggins
TE Jordan

2nd team:
QB Perry
RB Burns
WR Few
WR Payton
WR Mallory
TE Hodges

Reserves:
RB Knighton
RB Chaney
WR Restrepo
WR Redding
WR Smith
WR Worsham
TE Mamarelli

hahhahahaahaaha I swear ur a troll man. Just stop with this ****.

Advertisement
hahhahahaahaaha I swear ur a troll man. Just stop with this ****.

Nobody wants to admit this but Marshall Few played ahead of Payton last season after Hightower quit and Njoku moved to TE.

Harris, Harley, Jordan, Wiggins, Mallory, Pope, Few, Hodges, Payton, Burns gives us a group of 10 skill position players with experience. You can only play 5 at a time.

Depending on true freshmen who did not have the benefit of spring practice or offseason conditioning is foolhardy and isn't necessary with the allotment of players we return from 2019.

Let them ease their way into things as the season progresses, and call-up whoever displays consistency in practice and makes the most of their opportunities in September.

Most of them are going to be learning basic principles of playing college football in August, so expecting them to contribute early is a pipe-dream.

This isn't 1997 where Wayne, Moss, Jones, King had to play because there were 55 players on scholarship.

We're in good position to allow several experienced vets lead us while the freshmen find their way:

King deserves to play with vets. Sometimes all it takes is one mental mistake on the part of a true freshman to ruin a play.

I could see Knighton playing early, but aside from that I'm just not sold that any of these other young thundercats will be ready.

Last edited:

Absolute freak athlete, arguably most plug-and-play WR from the 2020 class along with Restrepo. Definitely most college-ready body out of the bunch imo. Shouldn’t be slept on by any means, people forget his body control relative to his size is elite, and his speed and leaping ability are top notch as well. Have full confidence that Likens can turn this kid into a star barring injury. Baller!

Absolute freak athlete, arguably most plug-and-play WR from the 2020 class along with Restrepo. Definitely most college-ready body out of the bunch imo. Shouldn’t be slept on by any means, people forget his body control relative to his size is elite, and his speed and leaping ability are top notch as well. Have full confidence that Likens can turn this kid into a star barring injury. Baller!
Is he full go? Looks like a brace on his wrist..

He has that look like a Nkeal or Aiyuk.. Hope he come with mindset like the buffalo kid and snatch these boys food off they plate

Advertisement
Is he full go? Looks like a brace on his wrist..

He has that look like a Nkeal or Aiyuk.. Hope he come with mindset like the buffalo kid and snatch these boys food off they plate
Not sure, he had wrist surgery before guys starting suiting up for spring practice and apparently those can take a while to heal. That being said he’s been working catching balls so it could be more of a preventative measure?

If the season starts on time and he’s full go it all depends what the staff wants and how Lashlee wants to rotate guys. If they wanna redshirt him and no serious injuries to other WRs get in the way of that, they’ll redshirt him. He definitely has the ability and build to get some serious burn as a frosh tho.

Advertisement
1. The wr room is thin.
2. All of them bring different strengths.
3 wr is one of the easiest positions to handle the jump to the next level.

Daz might need a year to work on his body because of the injury issues. Maybe Restrepo takes a shirt too but I wouldn’t be shocked if they all play. Even if most is on st’s. But I expect Redding and Keyshawn to play.
I think redding and restrepo are the only ones who might not get a red shirt. Redding csz of his size and restrepo csz he probably sees alot of special team reps

No way he’s plug and play. That’s a reach.
He’s very much capable of eating in the slot when he gets rotated in. Kid is sneaky quick, he’s already pretty strong so I think he’ll be able to adjust well to the college game in that sense and he’s just a reliable target, catches everything. He’s a dog, ask @Coach Macho about him.

Advertisement
We won’t see anything like 2008 and 2012.

But I have no doubt Redding and one or two more WRs will play. Knighton and Chaney will get a lot of snaps and one of them may even share starts by the end of the season. Rivers will need to play. And while defense looks a little better, Tae and Cave are going to see their fair share of game time, along with at least one of the CBs.

We’ll end up with 8-10 guys burning shirts maybe more with injuries.

No way he’s plug and play. That’s a reach.
Why not?

He's already more PHYSICALLY ready than any WR we have. I don't know if you've actually seen him in person but he's 190lbs rocked up. He's built like a RB. He's also an elite route runner. An ivy league brain.

So what's stopping him from playing as a freshman?

I really like his demeanor. Quiet, all business. Cant wait to see our recivers ball out in this offense.

Advertisement
Why not?

He's already more PHYSICALLY ready than any WR we have. I don't know if you've actually seen him in person but he's 190lbs rocked up. He's built like a RB. He's also an elite route runner. An ivy league brain.

So what's stopping him from playing as a freshman?
I'm pretty young compared to a lot of people on here, I say this becuase I follow Restrepo on IG and last night he said he is around 180 on his live.

Nevermind I'm tripping.

Last edited:
Restrepo is most likely to contribute early, IMO

Dude is just an all around good football player. Those guys seem to find a footing a little earlier.

Redding is highest upside.

Smith seems like a perfect fit for this type of offense.

Not sure how I feel about Daz yet

I'm pretty young compared to a lot of people on here, I say this becuase I follow Restrepo on IG and last night he said he is around 180 on his live.
Nah close to 200
C4F79EA2-2C1F-4F32-9A8F-D5D73F74D893.jpeg

Advertisement
Back