Michael Redding season expectations

I posted this about him when writing about the class:

Michael Redding-WR-Best size and speed combo from the WR group we signed. I watched him dominate rep after rep with ease at the Opening against allegedly best CB's in America. His offense at IMG didnt pass as much, so I think he is being slept on. He honestly looked like a top 2-3 WR of all the WR's at the Opening IMO. He measured at 6’2 - 194 ran a 4.54 forty/4.33 SS/41.4 vertical. That is freaky #’s.

Advertisement
I was told don’t be shocked if all the tf play. If I had to say who gets the shirt I’d bet daz but that’s no a guarantee. They think highly of all of them.

I didn't think there was a doubt in the least bit that AT LEAST 2 of them got into part of the rotation. We're too light at the position to wrap all 4 in plastic. IMO Lashlee will figure a way to utilize Jordan and Mallory heavily in the passing game and almost treat them like WRs, but other than that we've only got 4 kids at that spot, and none are anywhere close to proven players who you can sharpie into 50+ plays a game. The true freshmen have to play, they're not gonna have a choice.

I was told don’t be shocked if all the tf play. If I had to say who gets the shirt I’d bet daz but that’s no a guarantee. They think highly of all of them.

So here's a question for you Cribby. I don't know the answer but over the last 20 years what year did we play the most Tr Fresh?

Advertisement
Advertisement
1. The wr room is thin.
2. All of them bring different strengths.
3 wr is one of the easiest positions to handle the jump to the next level.

Daz might need a year to work on his body because of the injury issues. Maybe Restrepo takes a shirt too but I wouldn’t be shocked if they all play. Even if most is on st’s. But I expect Redding and Keyshawn to play.

This kid will get major PT...no way he gets the RS. The 4 main outside WRs in no particular order will be Wiggins-Payton-Redding-KSmith. MPope is my guy but IMO his main competition will be Harley at the slot position along with Restrepo and Daz.

Daz is likely the only guy that gets the RS because Restrepo will force himself on the field by way of Special Teams.

Not surprising, we only got 8 scholarship receivers. Most d1 college teams have 12 or more and even 12 is on the lower end

Advertisement
We can redshirt most of these freshmen. There's no reason to burn a bunch of redshirts with the new rules in place. Knighton and Chaney will play but the young WRs can each easily redshirt.

Starters:
QB King
RB Harris
WR Harley
WR Pope
WR Wiggins
TE Jordan

2nd team:
QB Perry
RB Burns
WR Few
WR Payton
WR Mallory
TE Hodges

Reserves:
RB Knighton
RB Chaney
WR Restrepo
WR Redding
WR Smith
WR Worsham
TE Mamarelli

So here's a question for you Cribby. I don't know the answer but over the last 20 years what year did we play the most Tr Fresh?

Not Cribby but I'm gonna guess 2012.

ETA: In 2012, 21 freshmen saw action including 16 true freshmen. 9 freshmen started at least one game.

Advertisement
At 6-2 190-pound he is probably the most physical WR at the U. His body is ready for college ball and he is running at full speed totally healthy. Smart, hard working athlete too.

Does he make an impact this season?
Him going for 250 yards with 4 TDs would be a great freshman season...considering the other receivers we have on the team.

Not Cribby but I'm gonna guess 2012.

ETA: In 2012, 21 freshmen saw action including 16 true freshmen. 9 freshmen started at least one game.

Actually I knew there was a Golden year where he was blowing shirts like a mad man. Makes sense .

Actually I knew there was a Golden year where he was blowing shirts like a mad man. Makes sense .

He had no choice. Randy handed him a roster with exactly ONE scholarship CB (Brandon McGee)...and our underclassmen at LB consisted of Tyrone Cornileus, Jimmy Gaines, Kevin Nelson, Kelvin Cain and Travis Williams. Talk about leaving the cupboard bare. The 2012 class especially on defense were all forced into action right away due to Randy's **** poor recruiting.

Advertisement
Back