Michael Pinckney

Advertisement
Lmao No they were bums their underclassmen years.... Sharpton was never good, he was solid his redshirt redshirt Senior year that’s it.
McCarthy was solid his redshirt freshman year but wasn’t better than either of Pinckney and quarterman

Has it really been that long since we’ve had an elite LB that you think Pinckney is an “impact” player?

He’s very good, and I love his attitude. But his play is average by Miami standards IMO (which is not a bad thing). I’m speaking just from results. I could give 2 ***** about his physique.

Think back to Vilma, DJ, Barrow, Armstead, Morgan, Beason, Lewis, **** even Rohan and Spence.

Pinckney is very good, but not on that level IMO (assuming it’s allowed to have an opinion here).
Upvote for throwing in Rohan! Go Canes

In the 5th Round.

Just saying these STUD linebackers in CFB get drafted later and later.

Griffin is a Day 1 or 2 talent IMHO. Dude is missing a hand and as a result, got dropped to the 5th round. Can't deny his ability. Guy started as a CB, then moved to Safety...then ended up as a LB for his final year and a half. That's athleticism and talent.

Advertisement
But they've both been better than Perryman his first 2 years. If they keep the same trajectory they should have better junior and senior seasons too

Perryman was hurt for a large portion of his sophomore year.

He made impact plays as a backup as a true freshman.

I know it’s hypothetical, but if he gets their reps as a true freshman, he would’ve certainly made more plays than them. IMO.

Perryman was hurt for a large portion of his sophomore year.

He made impact plays as a backup as a true freshman.

I know it’s hypothetical, but if he gets their reps as a true freshman, he would’ve certainly made more plays than them. IMO.
Idk, but in the first 2 years both of those guys were more impactful than perryman and remember they don’t play all of the plays in the games as we constantly rotate. This is the year as dmoney said earlier that we see linebackers see a jump in their game. Our guys are on the right trajectory I think What people do unintentionally is compare Pinckney and quarterman to perryman when he was a upperclassmen and not the player he was in his underclassmen years. These kids haven’t even played their junior seasons yet. Pinckney still 19 lol

Boy you on crack if you believe Sharpton and McCarthy were better LBers than Pinckney and Shaq?? lmaoo

LOL @ me being on crack but you just said Pink has "1st round potential."
Knee grow, did you even watch the draft?! He's nothing like any of the LB's who were drafted in the 1st.

McCarthy had 215 tackles his last 2 seasons at Miami. He also ran a 4.6 at 240lbs and was drafted in the 4th. He was no **** slouch.
Sharpton also had a 100+ tackle season and even had a 73 yard pick-6. He was drafted in the 4th as well despite being undersized. (he also knocked the Clemson TE out cold, which is noteworthy in itself)

Sharpton wasn't better than Pinckney/Shaq but McCarthy was. At least right now. We'll see how they develop their Junior year.

Advertisement
Lotta dumb revisionist history going on here. Shaq and Pinckney have been literally 10 times better than Perryman when comparing their first two years at Miami. It’s not even close.

Outside linebackers that go in the first round are absolute freaks nowadays. Pinckney compensates in awareness and instincts - if you draft him in the 3rd or 4th round you got yourself a long time starter.
I just don't think scouts will pencil him as a day 1 pick
right because hes not a workout warrior and alot of scouts love kids who perform well in combines

Advertisement
The optimism is cute but these current LB's aren't even on the Spence, Perryman or even Sharpton/McCarthy level yet. (well, maybe that's a bit much)

Pink is NOTHING like Perryman. He does not impose his will the way Perryman did every single week. He made somebody on the imposing offense FEEL HIM every game. He was a true LB.

Spence was making plays the minute he stepped on the field, weighing 38 pounds.

When's the last time any of these current LB's actually stroked somebody? I mean a hit that made everybody yell "ooh".
Or made a play in the passing game? And I'm not talking about a tipped ball, I'm talking about breaking on the pass and intercepting it. Or how 'bout a strip/fumble? Or a stick that caused a fumble like Perryman did against UF?

Good LB's usually get 100+ tackles per year, or at least near it. (even Sharpton & McCarthy did it)
Granted, these guys have 2 more seasons to accomplish that.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh but I'm very picky about the LB position. These guys gotta show something this season. Too many bad angles and missed tackles for my liking.

All of this.

For the clowns like Coach Macho with their dumbass revisionist history:

Perryman had 133 total tackles in his first two years, 12.5 tackles for loss, and earned All ACC honorable mention in his SO year.

Pinckney has 129 total tackles in his first two years, 18.5 tackles for loss, and earned All ACC honorable mention in his SO year and was a FR All American.

Shaq Quarterman has 167 total tackles in his first two years, 17 tackles for loss, and earned All ACC Second and Third Team honors, and was a FR All American.

Pinckney and Quarterman curbstomp Denzel. There is literally NO comparison here. They have more tackles, are far more disruptive, and CARRIED the team especially in 2016.

For the clowns like Coach Macho with their dumbass revisionist history:

Perryman had 133 total tackles in his first two years, 12.5 tackles for loss, and earned All ACC honorable mention in his SO year.

Pinckney has 129 total tackles in his first two years, 18.5 tackles for loss, and earned All ACC honorable mention in his SO year and was a FR All American.

Shaq Quarterman has 167 total tackles in his first two years, 17 tackles for loss, and earned All ACC Second and Third Team honors, and was a FR All American.

Pinckney and Quarterman curbstomp Denzel. There is literally NO comparison here. They have more tackles, are far more disruptive, and CARRIED the team especially in 2016.

****, *****! What's with the name calling? Completely unnecessary.

To my recollection Perryman didn't HAVE TO START RIGHT AWAY like Shaq and Pinckney did.

Without looking at stats, there's no fvckin' way in **** that either one of them ever "curbstomp" Denzel Perryman. What mutha****in' drugs are you smoking? That dude was/is a fvckin' animal.

Advertisement

To my recollection Perryman didn't HAVE TO START RIGHT AWAY like Shaq and Pinckney did.

Without looking at stats, there's no fvckin' way in **** that either one of them ever "curbstomp" Denzel Perryman. What mutha****in' drugs are you smoking? That dude was/is a fvckin' animal.

Sorry about the name calling. But my point stands. What Shaq and Mike did in 2016 was far more impressive than anything Denzel did his first two years. Not only did Shaq and Mike produce more, and earned better honors, they also carried the team as true FR. They are far ahead of where Denzel was after his SO year.

And after 2018, you'll be seeing both of them leaving to become mid round draft picks as true Juniors, so enjoy them while you can.

Sorry about the name calling. But my point stands. What Shaq and Mike did in 2016 was far more impressive than anything Denzel did his first two years. Not only did Shaq and Mike produce more, and earned better honors, they also carried the team as true FR. They are far ahead of where Denzel was after his SO year.

And after 2018, you'll be seeing both of them leaving to become mid round draft picks as true Juniors, so enjoy them while you can.

That's cause THEY HAD TO CONTRIBUTE THEIR FRESHMAN/SOPHOMORE YEARS.
They were thrown right into the fire. We had no decent LB's.

You don't think Perryman puts up the same numbers if Miami had to rely on him to start early?

Let's see how it plays out.
But on tape they're not in the realm of Perryman yet.

Outside linebackers that go in the first round are absolute freaks nowadays. Pinckney compensates in awareness and instincts - if you draft him in the 3rd or 4th round you got yourself a long time starter.
I just don't think scouts will pencil him as a day 1 pick
No love cuz the league is mostly 3 wide system

He was in his junior and senior years. Thus far though through quarterman and pickneys first 2 years they have been more productive

Advertisement
Back