Michael Pinckney

Advertisement
He was awesome in that Friday night Duke game last year. They swarmed the football, we ended up blowing them out but if I recall correctly Rosier struggled badly on 3rd down for nearly three quarters.

Disagree, the dline last year in particular wasn’t discipline and would often run themselves out of plays which caused gaps in the defense. They wasn’t perfect at all. In addition to that Miami has multiple experienced players on the dline who have played a lot of ball
Plus these backers have a TON of experience.

I just want these LB's to dominate and finish , no more were young,were to fast,we over run plays,can't shake off blockers and so on. It's time to kick peoples teeth in and lay waist and get some aggressive sportsmanship flags going.

DON'T WANT TO HEAR HOW GOOD WE ARE WITH NFL DRAFT POSSIBILITIES OR IF THEY'RE LEAVING.

Like in the UFC " IT'S TIME"

GOCANES

Advertisement
The optimism is cute but these current LB's aren't even on the Spence, Perryman or even Sharpton/McCarthy level yet. (well, maybe that's a bit much)

Pink is NOTHING like Perryman. He does not impose his will the way Perryman did every single week. He made somebody on the imposing offense FEEL HIM every game. He was a true LB.

Spence was making plays the minute he stepped on the field, weighing 38 pounds.

When's the last time any of these current LB's actually stroked somebody? I mean a hit that made everybody yell "ooh".
Or made a play in the passing game? And I'm not talking about a tipped ball, I'm talking about breaking on the pass and intercepting it. Or how 'bout a strip/fumble? Or a stick that caused a fumble like Perryman did against UF?

Good LB's usually get 100+ tackles per year, or at least near it. (even Sharpton & McCarthy did it)
Granted, these guys have 2 more seasons to accomplish that.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh but I'm very picky about the LB position. These guys gotta show something this season. Too many bad angles and missed tackles for my liking.

Last edited:
The optimism is cute but these current LB's aren't even on the Spence, Perryman or even Sharpton/McCarthy level yet. (well, maybe that's a bit much)

Pink is NOTHING like Perryman. He does not impose his will the way Perryman did every single week. He made somebody on the imposing offense FEEL HIM every game. He was a true LB.

When's the last time any of these current LB's actually stroked somebody? I mean a hit that made everybody yell "ooh".
Or made a play in the passing game? And I'm not talking about a tipped ball, I'm talking about breaking on the pass and intercepting it. Or how 'bout a strip/fumble? Or a stick that caused a fumble like Perryman did against UF?

Good LB's usually get 100+ tackles per year, or at least near it. (even Sharpton & McCarthy did it)

Maybe I'm being a little harsh but I'm very picky about the LB position. These guys gotta show something this season. Too many bad angles and missed tackles for my liking.
They won’t have over 100 tackles a year because they rotate the second team linebackers so much in 3-4 series a game so less opportunities to make plays. Shaq and Pinckney delivered a few big hits throughout the season(shaq had one vs Wisconsin). No one is going to pack a punch like perryman but one thing both of those guys do if not better is create negative plays in the back field. Look at their numbers in particular tfls and sacks of each player. it throughly outclasses perryman and others in that regard

- they do need to progress because I thought I didnt See much improvement from the linebacker group this year. They need to become a force and I’m looking for quarterman to have a roquan smith type impact who was all over the field for uga last year.

Last edited:
They won’t have over 100 tackles a year because they rotate the second team linebackers so much in 3-4 series a game so less opportunities to make plays. Shaq and Pinckney delivered a few big hits throughout the season(shaq had one vs Wisconsin). No one is going to pack a punch like perryman but one thing both of those guys do if not better is create negative plays in the back field. Look at their numbers in particular tfls and sacks of each player. it throughly outclasses perryman and others in that regard

- they do need to progress because I thought I didnt See much improvement from the linebacker group this year. They need to become a force and I’m looking for quarterman to have a roquan smith type impact who was all over the field for uga last year.

Do they create TFL's NATURALLY or when they're blitzing? (cause Diaz is a blitz happy guy)
I don't see our guys creating many natural TFL's.

You make a very valid point about the rotations though. I didn't really think of that.

Legit...NONE...absolutely ZERO of our players should even be thinking about the pro game right now.

Our top returning underclassmen in 2018 was only 2nd Team All-ACC (Homer and Shaq).

I think it goes without saying...RB and LB are two positions that slide down the board like crazy and become afterthoughts if they declare early, don't show out throughout the process, don't have ++ attributes to bring to the league, etc. Two very volatile positions, especially if you aren't really filled with skills the pro game requires of you...pass catching and blocking from a RB...ability to cover at an elite level as a LB...

Look at some of these monster collegiate LBs that just fell into the abyss...Josey Jewell, Shaq Griffin, Micah Kiser...we gotta be aware of what these guys bring to the table for the next level.

Shaq Griffin?!? Didn't dude just get drafted?!? DF...

Advertisement
Michael Pinckney has 1st round potential... he makes impact plays tha'ts what the 1st round is about. His NFL combine measurements and performance may keep him out of the 1st like it did w/ Denzel Perryman but I definitely want the Falcons to draft him when he comes out... HOPEFULLY after his Senior year
Pinckney nor Shaq have been nearly as good as Perryman was his last year at U.

Guys like Perryman, Spence and McCarthy didn’t put it together until their third years.

Pinckney and Shaq were more consistent than them as young players, IMO. This is the season they need to take the next step.

Guys like Perryman, Spence and McCarthy didn’t put it together until their third years.

Pinckney and Shaq were more consistent than them as young players, IMO. This is the season they need to take the next step.

Agreed. That's why I'm hoping for big things this upcoming season.

This man speaks the truth

Advertisement

Boy you on crack if you believe Sharpton and McCarthy were better LBers than Pinckney and Shaq?? lmaoo

Outside linebackers that go in the first round are absolute freaks nowadays. Pinckney compensates in awareness and instincts - if you draft him in the 3rd or 4th round you got yourself a long time starter.
I just don't think scouts will pencil him as a day 1 pick

He's smart, but lazy. Some of the dumbest plays and smartest plays are made by him. I see him similar to Spence. He has a chance at being great if he can limit the dumb mistakes.

Advertisement
Everyone loves Pink because hes' got a great attitude and flashes big plays. The dude is just a likeable guy. That said, he's very inconsistent. He's neither particularly big nor fast and that's not where you want to be if you're hoping to play in the league. He needs to make the routine play more consistently not just occasionally flash the big tackle for loss. He's still got two years to improve his consistency and I believe he's capable of becoming an all conference type player.

Also, Perryman is a terrible comparison. El Presidente was the best tackler I ever saw at UM including Ray Lewis. He was not as gifted athletically as some of our other all time greats but he always took the right angle and if he got his hands on you, you were going down. D'onofrio's **** poor defense relied so much on individuals being able to make solo tackles in space (one of the reasons it's terrible) and DP was one of the only guys who consistently did his job.

Advertisement
Back