Michael Pinckney

I like Shaq and Pinckney.

They’re both very solid to above average players. But they need to make big gains this year.

Devin White at LSU, same classification, is an absolute monster. They’re not in his league.

Let’s hope they close the gap this year. If they do, I’m hoping their ability to make plays somewhat makes up for the change in DL playmaking we’ll inevitably see.

Did you watch LSU Spring Game before making this statement? I've been following White since he was a JR in HS... he has gotten to big... he is 255 ... he is a better athlete than Shaq and Pink... but that doesn't make him a better line backer... He doesn't read as quick as Shaq or Pink and he takes a few plays off during the spring game...

Advertisement
Disagree with Perryman D. I remember watching him as a freshman against BC and as a sophomore and he jumped off the field at you. Other than him I agree with this sentiment

Spence was absolutely impactful his true freshman season. He was ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year and he was 190 pound when he showed up on campus and started at under 200 pounds. He tailed off his sophomore year because he was playing hurt and then missed 3 games.

We will be in great shape if Pinckney is anywhere as productive as Spence was his junior year.

Did you watch LSU Spring Game before making this statement? I've been following White since he was a JR in HS... he has gotten to big... he is 255 ... he is a better athlete than Shaq and Pink... but that doesn't make him a better line backer... He doesn't read as quick as Shaq or Pink and he takes a few plays off during the spring game...

No. I’ve been watching White since his freshman year when he barely got reps behind Beckwith (or Riley). He would flash every now and then.

It seemed like he lost a few pounds before his sophomore year as he looked a whole lot more explosive. Haven’t seen him recently.

FWIW, I think he’s getting better coaching too.

****** city. The Miami fanbase is filled with clowns like this. Quarterman and Pinckney have both been just as productive as Devin White. Not a single bit of difference between them, and yet we got dumbasses like this shi**ing on our own players to suck off others. lol.

When Pinckney and Shaq both leave as mid round TRUE JUNIORS and blow up in the NFL, we'll still have clowns like this sucking off the next up and coming Seminole, Gaytor, or Bulldog at the expense of the next crop of actual Canes.

This stuff is why i hope this program never wins another title. Most Miami fans actually don't deserve it.

White is a guaranteed first round pick. Also a true junior this coming season.

Quit being sensitive. No one is calling Shaq and 56 scrubs. Everyone knows they’re good. They’re just not elite.....yet. White is elite.....right now.

Advertisement
What is so great about devin white? I know he’s hyped up but when watching his film I don’t see anything that he does that quarterman or pickney doesn’t do?
He’s making ordinary plays the good college linebackers should make in his film.
What stands out in his film other than his speed and in some of the plays instincts?

Career numbers
Devin white 167 tackles 16.5 tfls 5.5 sacks 1 int.
Shaq quarterman 167 tackles 17 tfls 6 sacks
Michael Pinckney 129 tackles 18.5 tfls 6 sacks 2 ints

I dont Think people understand our linebackers numbers would be even far greater if not for how great the dline has played themselves constantly playing in the backfield making plays limiting the opportunity for the linebackers to put up the 100 tackle seasons and things of that nature. In addition to that the constant subbing that goes on that quite frankly needs to be limited this year

White didn’t get much time as a freshman. His numbers last year were ridiculous. And he’s an impact player. Kinda like 56....but more athletic and consistent..

And if anyone watches the video you just posted and thinks that dude is equal to Shaq or 56, they’re crazy.

This is like when FSU fans used to say Kendyll Pope and Michael Boulware were better than DJ Williams and Vilma.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back