Michael Irvin defends Al Golden

Golden got his money. We payed him for "sticking" with us. Some act like sticking with us was him being loyal. Trust me if I was coming from a mid major school and doubled my salary I'm staying and getting paid. The worst part is he spun the PR in his favor so we thought that he was the right man for "sticking" with us through the "cloud" when in all reality he was a business man getting paid.

Advertisement
Irving can blame this on his buddy, T, too after Albortion gets fired.

Sad thing is that the numbnutted UM fans (see the dolts in this very thread) are now jumping on this absurd position that Albortion needs more time. More time for what? How have we improved with the time he's already had?

Irving wants his kid and his nephew at UM. You think he's going to **** on the current HC? I doubt it.

Almost drove my car into a tree listening to him him say this crap. Even used the 'cloud' word. Golden's earned the right for us to chill out and let him execute his plan. We're gonna be back, we'll get there (back into big games). Seriously?

I'm in ****, the mad hatter lives next door in a meth lab, the tooth fairy is a herpes riddled hooker down on the corner and this staff is a virus mutating while Irnvin talks on the radio with a little body snatcher incision barely noticeable at the base of his neck.

Last edited:
Golden got his money. We payed him for "sticking" with us. Some act like sticking with us was him being loyal. Trust me if I was coming from a mid major school and doubled my salary I'm staying and getting paid. The worst part is he spun the PR in his favor so we thought that he was the right man for "sticking" with us through the "cloud" when in all reality he was a business man getting paid.

Only rubes and hayseeds buy the "he stuck with us" buffoonery. They act like the fat motherfcker was here as a volunteer. He was getting paid $2.5M to "stick with us". The rubes in here lauding him for that would "stick with" a boss who poured Crazy Glue in their eyes every day for that kind of corn. Dumb fcks. Jesus Christ.

Advertisement
Well Mike has spoken.... He's as much as entitled to his opinion because he was one of the guys who built this program

I didn't see but apparently Zo Highsmith spoke but didn't go as far as to defend so I hear...

Real question, was Golden sought after by any other program than us? I recall we put all of our eggs in one basket w/ the whole Jon Gruden implosion....but was Golden a 1A type of a candidate for any other school?

Only rubes and hayseeds buy the "he stuck with us" buffoonery. They act like the fat motherfcker was here as a volunteer. He was getting paid $2.5M to "stick with us". The rubes in here lauding him for that would "stick with" a boss who poured Crazy Glue in their eyes every day for that kind of corn. Dumb fcks. Jesus Christ.

I agree. THis is upseting ! He's well paid and used it to get a ridiculous extension from our stupid administration . He should be grateful that the "U" gave him an opportunity to get out of Temple . Enough crap !!!

Advertisement
why try to prevent the inevitable? We are still gonna be **** next year after losing so many experienced players like Duke, Flowers, Perryman, Chick, Pierre, Armbrister, Feliciano, Gunter, (Kamalu?). That's the excuse for 2015..."Joe, we simply lost too much experience last year...its tough to overcome that." Our team right now is experienced as heck and we still can't get the defense to work, so how you think its gonna improve moving forward?

Do you want the GATA to sign Butch? Or how about Stoops getting extended by UK? Gotta strike while the iron is hot..NOW NOW NOW.

Advertisement

photo-15.jpg

If there has to be one alum who feels this way it might as well be Irvin. Can't hurt with Tim

The only rational explanation for these comments is Tim eventually committing and attending the U. Would look bad if Mike trashed the coaching staff and then two months later his son is committing to those same chumps.

I love playmaker. But he needs to STFU on this one. Golden is a content coach. He's got his money. He's got his butt-buddy. Unless he's fired this 500 yards and a cloud of dust scheme will continue.

Advertisement
Irvin is one of those guys that sees the good in everyone. Obviously forgiveness is a big part of his personality.

Love you playmaker, but now is not the time.

I love playmaker. But he needs to STFU on this one. Golden is a content coach. He's got his money. He's got his butt-buddy. Unless he's fired this 500 yards and a cloud of dust scheme will continue.

The fans stuck by Miami because we love Miami. Golden stuck by Miami for millions of dollars. **** outta here with that "he stuck by us" ****.

I respect his opinion and right to express it. I'm sure he's not alone with that opinion. For me, I thought this program was going to be a 5-6 year rebuild post-Randy before we became relevant, and I still believe that. This football program was in that bad a shape, even before the NCAA mess. HOWEVER, 4th season in, we should be seeing more improvement and development with the players (not less), better execution of whatever scheme it is they want to run on defense, better fundamentals, beating teams we're supposed to beat, staying competitive with teams maybe we aren't supposed to beat at this stage, not having players getting arrested and booted off the team, etc. It's been debated here ad nauseum, but it's true that this staff does not have a signature win. It has nothing to hang its hat on at this point. They can't beat a decent team on the road (or a good team at home), they can't execute their defense, they can't get the OC to stop calling stupid plays, they can't get special teams to perform at a high level.

I think they might get the rest of the season (unless the decision has already been made, in which case they should pull the trigger immediately) to check some of those things off and possibly save their jobs, but I have no confidence in them, and I doubt many in the admin do either right now. They have 6 games plus a bowl game (if they can even make it to one) to save their asses. IDGAF about Penn State. No one knows what happened there except AG and the PSU people, and I don't care what happened. It's part of the profession, and I hold no grudge if he listened to them or anyone else. But I want to see results on the field, and I haven't.

Advertisement
Back