Michael Irvin defends Al Golden

avicenna75

Freshman
Per interview on WQAM... Says he has earned the right to be here after standing by us during the investigation. He was pretty passionate about giving him a chance and fans needing "to be patient."

It's going to be a looonngg process ... hang on to those pillars!

Advertisement
Per interview on WQAM... Says he has earned the right to be here after standing by us during the investigation. He was pretty passionate about giving him a chance after being loyal to us during "the cloud."

Oh Playmaker...

tumblr_mfuusoS8hi1rf38dio1_500.gif

I can agree with that, but that doesn't buy our entire defensive scheme and mentality a pass. We need to do something about that asap.

Advertisement
Honestly though (and I know this is Irvin, not you saying this - OP)... but where was that buffoon going to go if, not stand with us? Any research would have shown him there were allegations out there prior to him coming here. He knew it, just used it for an extension. If he won a big game here or there or at least showed improvement I'd probably still be on the side... **** I might at least not hate him if he wasn't a stubborn, self absorbed, cowardess piece of ****.

Penn State didn't want his garbage up there. Was he going to go back and be mediocre at some MAC school? Mountain West? No power 5 school was going to take him from us. It was Miami or nothing for him... how can these people not see this at this point?

Advertisement
Ok. What if we get half of what we want? What if they tell Golden D'Onofrio must go, and we are going to hire the next DC + YOU won't meddle on that side of the ball. I would be happier with that than the current state of affairs.

Make no mistake - I want them both gone but if D'Onofrio doesn't have a buyout - this would be at least a half smart move that saves some face and $$.

Golden threw his goodwill to the wind from the NCAA fiasco given that **** show with Penn St. His stubbornness with his defensive scheme is ridiculous. The only way he deserves a 2nd chance is if he fires D'Onofrio (along with Williams and Franklin) and brings in a D coordinator who will run his own scheme - without Golden's input. But that **** ain't never happening. Cut your losses with Golden and move on.

If there has to be one alum who feels this way it might as well be Irvin. Can't hurt with Tim

He coached us (if that’s what you want to call it) and 'guided' us through an investigation and was paid well for it. He clearly wasn't being paid for his coaching abilities so basically he did his job. Why the F do we have to continue to stand by him? He did his job. That part of the job is over and he offers nothing else. It's best for all parties if we move on in an amicable fashion. Why waste anymore time? It’s not in anyone’s best interest to do that.

Advertisement
You know what..I can get with that because Mike is right in a way... BUT if that is the case, he needs to be FORCED to fire Dno and relinquish any and all say-so as it pertains to the defense to the new coordinator. Happens all the time. Steve Spurrier when he was the coach of the Redskins and they hired Marvin Lewis as D-Coordinator..didnt even go to that side of the field. Thats how we need to do with Al if that is how the "UM shotcallers" feel. If both of those guys are back next year, I will not renew my season tickets.

Also, take into account that a guy like Irvin probably doesnt think we end the season at 6-6 like most of us. This guy probably still thinks we end it at 8-4 with the only loss being to FSU and then we will the bowl and end the season 9-4. Lets see what he has to say when/if we got 5-7 or 6-6 and get curb stomped by FSU 42-24. Then interview him again and see where is allegiance lies.

Ok. What if we get half of what we want? What if they tell Golden D'Onofrio must go, and we are going to hire the next DC + YOU won't meddle on that side of the ball. I would be happier with that than the current state of affairs.

Make no mistake - I want them both gone but if D'Onofrio doesn't have a buyout - this would be at least a half smart move that saves some face and $$.

Won't happen he's too stubborn. The defense is what Golden ran at Temple...it is his defense. The other moron just has the title of DC.

Nope, I will not accept him getting rid of Dorito. He had his chance last year to do it and put his best friend over the university.

**** him.

Advertisement
You know what..I can get with that because Mike is right in a way... BUT if that is the case, he needs to be FORCED to fire Dno and relinquish any and all say-so as it pertains to the defense to the new coordinator. Happens all the time. Steve Spurrier when he was the coach of the Redskins and they hired Marvin Lewis as D-Coordinator..didnt even go to that side of the field. Thats how we need to do with Al if that is how the "UM shotcallers" feel. If both of those guys are back next year, I will not renew my season tickets.

Also, take into account that a guy like Irvin probably doesnt think we end the season at 6-6 like most of us. This guy probably still thinks we end it at 8-4 with the only loss being to FSU and then we will the bowl and end the season 9-4. Lets see what he has to say when/if we got 5-7 or 6-6 and get curb stomped by FSU 42-24. Then interview him again and see where is allegiance lies.

It's so sad what we've become as a program. As I read this I was like '**** I'd take that... only losing to FSU by 18?'. I know that team is a shell of themselves from last year but I still think we lose by 25-30 to them. Unless Golden rushes down to score a late TD to make it look more respectable.

He said the team played too many ******* night games and some people think changing coordinators will save him?

What the actual ****!?

Per interview on WQAM... Says he has earned the right to be here after standing by us during the investigation. He was pretty passionate about giving him a chance and fans needing "to be patient."

It's going to be a looonngg process ... hang on to those pillars!

so sad, all these ex nfl players with the concussion syndrome.

prayers sent to michael and his fam. Pull through big fella

nfl-concussion.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back