Michael Irvin defends Al Golden

I wouldn't be surprised if the administration feels the same way, at least some of them. This is not nearly as clear cut as the Shannon situation. In his final season he lost twice as double digit favorite, first at Virginia and then the clincher hosting South Florida. Golden this season hasn't managed anything along those lines. Despite all the whining, we lost as road underdog all three times.

The fact that he is playing a true freshman quarterback also provides benefit of a doubt, along with the aspect that he comes across as a classy guy and generally well respected. Golden's reputation here is exponentially worse than any other area I sample.

If you want him gone, root for Cincinnati, a woeful 14 point underdog coming off two consecutive games being routed on the road. Lose that game in front of nobody and all of a sudden the teflon begins to disappear. Either that, or lose every one of the coin flip games later on the slate.

I think Golden will survive if we avoid a losing season but that's merely instincts from afar, based on similar examples over time. Others with closer ties to the program may know better.

Advertisement
Irving can blame this on his buddy, T, too after Albortion gets fired.

Sad thing is that the numbnutted UM fans (see the dolts in this very thread) are now jumping on this absurd position that Albortion needs more time. More time for what? How have we improved with the time he's already had?

Irving wants his kid and his nephew at UM. You think he's going to **** on the current HC? I doubt it.

Hadnt thought about the scholarship angle and the Playmaker. I mean, that's literally 150,000 dollars in his pocket he can keep if his son gets a ride from this staff for four/five years at UM

The combination of concussions and cocaine have had a long term effect on Irvin.

Sorry...but if that's the way he feels he can F off. Golden needs to go. No ifs, ands, or butts. Nothing else other than his firing will suffice at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised if the administration feels the same way, at least some of them. This is not nearly as clear cut as the Shannon situation. In his final season he lost twice as double digit favorite, first at Virginia and then the clincher hosting South Florida. Golden this season hasn't managed anything along those lines. Despite all the whining, we lost as road underdog all three times.

The fact that he is playing a true freshman quarterback also provides benefit of a doubt, along with the aspect that he comes across as a classy guy and generally well respected. Golden's reputation here is exponentially worse than any other area I sample.

If you want him gone, root for Cincinnati, a woeful 14 point underdog coming off two consecutive games being routed on the road. Lose that game in front of nobody and all of a sudden the teflon begins to disappear. Either that, or lose every one of the coin flip games later on the slate.

I think Golden will survive if we avoid a losing season but that's merely instincts from afar, based on similar examples over time. Others with closer ties to the program may know better.

This is EXACTLY why I'm rooting for losses. Take no chances.

Let's go Cincy.

Don't take Irvin's comments in a vacuum. He makes his living on the NFL network. You know, the No Fun League, the league that needed a rule pushed by a white owner to have minority candidates even interviewed for HC vacancies, headed by the white silver spoon sucking son of a US senator. You know it's day two of the draft, because the black guy is announcing the picks. The league pro 'Canes have saved over and over...that NFL. Look, Sapp has already staked out a position of opposing Golden and the Playmaker can't be perceived as just a bookend to him...Irvin has to differentiate himself from Warren or its saynora studio show gig courtesy of the ivory tower. For all he has done for his University of Miami and continues to do (much better University PR commercial, for example) I will forgive him this episode of shortsightedness.

Then again, he may be lulling Goldilocks to sleep...then BOOM! @$$hole is blindsided.

Advertisement
michael irvin has a street guys mentality. Al embraced him when he got hired. Irvin is just trying to be a stand up guy.

Sad thing is that the numbnutted UM fans (see the dolts in this very thread) are now jumping on this absurd position that Albortion needs more time. More time for what? How have we improved with the time he's already had?

Irving wants his kid and his nephew at UM. You think he's going to **** on the current HC? I doubt it.

Hadnt thought about the scholarship angle and the Playmaker. I mean, that's literally 150,000 dollars in his pocket he can keep if his son gets a ride from this staff for four/five years at UM

You act as if UM is the only scholarship Tim & Michael Jr. have...also what's $150,000 to a man making millions talking on television once a week?

Somebody had to give Gluten the dreaded vote of confidence. Irvin is just stepping up. Good for the Playmaker.

Mike with PR material, you really think he gonna blast Folden on the airways and bring propaganda back to NFL Network?

Mike burning inside, it's killing him, better believe it.

Advertisement
Got a feeling Golden gets one more year............his buddy D will be gone after we go 6-6and play in Cotton candy bowl!!

Players like Mike can't bash the program because their word would be devastating to the point where no recruit would come.

Don't take Irvin's comments in a vacuum. He makes his living on the NFL network. You know, the No Fun League, the league that needed a rule pushed by a white owner to have minority candidates even interviewed for HC vacancies, headed by the white silver spoon sucking son of a US senator. You know it's day two of the draft, because the black guy is announcing the picks. The league pro 'Canes have saved over and over...that NFL. Look, Sapp has already staked out a position of opposing Golden and the Playmaker can't be perceived as just a bookend to him...Irvin has to differentiate himself from Warren or its saynora studio show gig courtesy of the ivory tower. For all he has done for his University of Miami and continues to do (much better University PR commercial, for example) I will forgive him this episode of shortsightedness.

Then again, he may be lulling Goldilocks to sleep...then BOOM! @$$hole is blindsided.

Great EFFIN post sir!

hfndBlO.gif

Advertisement
Here's a question?

Do the coordinators work on a year to year contract? If that's the case then tell Al we are not gonna renew your buddy

Go back and watch the speech Irvin gave the team in goldens first spring. What he said then and what's on the field can't make him happy

better believe mike doesnt really believe that, he's been a champ at every level he knows what bad football and and bad coaching looks like, few things to consider, his son is being recruited by miami and he knows golden pretty well and seems to like the guy personally and doesnt want to take a dump on him publicly even though he deserves it

Advertisement
Yo Mike, get your *** down here an get your nephew to commit; THEN come talk to us about keeping this piece of crap longer.

I buy this, but he also knows football. Something isn't right about this.

Then again..

[video=youtube;Q3L4spg8vyo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3L4spg8vyo[/video]

Advertisement
Back