Miami's top DB target will be on campus today

Nah they were some groupies...Campbell was a Bama lock before Sony turned him out on the UGa OV. They trolled bc they could've let it be known that Miami doesn't have a shot while still keeping their recruitment "close to the vest"

Miami wasn't in the competion although UGa hasnt won **** at all even before Richt. But they were in the mix simply bc It's the SEC... groupie ****.

And save the Kirby Smart slurping. He hasn't don **** that Richt hasn't done as a HC. Except choke with the most veteran group of elite NFL talent on the roster.

Surtain was smart enough to commit to Bama where he will atleast be a 1st round pick before he busts in the league... Campbell won't get close to the 1st round.

If this was a business decision, as most expect, how can you fault Campbell for trusting Kirby Smart, who helped develop a lot of first round talent at Bama vs Rumph who doesn't have a resume?

Advertisement
In south florida it comes down to winning. Yall dudes down play it but look at where the top guys go. Yall really put to much stock into this who can't and who can recruit ****.

Winning 10 games 1 time in 15 years isn't going to solve the problem. Clemson has won 10 games in 5 or 6 straight years. Jimbo was averaging 10-11 wins a year at fsu. Osu has won 10+ games every year under urban.Bama is playing for the title basically every year.

You really think kids go to another school because rumph didn't say you can play early in a soft enough voice? It's about winning. Winning changes kids mind not a recruiter and especially in south florida.

Look at the high schools. You got these dudes jumping up transferring to whatever school they think going to be good that year.

These south florida dudes are looking to hop on a winner. Miami has to show them that this is the "best decision for me" or the best "buisiness decision" and that aint gone get done by talking.

I'm pretty clear in my opinion that recruiting is sales, and salesmen can either be really good or not so good. Sales is a convincing game. Some guys do it better than others.

I don't know what Rumph is telling recruits or how he's telling it to them, but he's not doing a good job recruiting. That should be pretty clear right now. He seems like a good dude and is a good Cane, so I don't want to dog the guy anymore. But I'm just going to call it like it is on him. He's doing a terrible job as a salesman/recruiter.

Why do ppl keep saying this when it's not true?? Yeah for the SEC schools that they were choosing between they handled it the right way but for Miami no they played us.
It’s a best case scenario that we got trolled because if we didn’t get trolled, then the indictment on the staff is way worse.

Banda recruiting him? Welp, only 2 4star players signed since 2016 at his position... welp. Am I doing This right?

Advertisement
Ok? How is that trolling?

If you don’t think them knowing that UM pretty much had no shot yet they would visit and allow coaches to waste resources and isn’t trolling then we will have to agree to disagree.

This is consistent behavior with south Florida elite recruits. You think this happens all the time at Ohio state bama or Georgia? You may get some trolls here and there but usually those schools aren’t interested or the recruit have told the coaches they want to go out of state so don’t waste your time.

Guys still talking about rumph recruiting lol. Look at the DBs bama put not only in the league but in the 1st rd. Even bums like Milner got 1st rd dough. And you guys think Rumph will have a better pitch than Smart and Saban? He can’t compete with that y’all don’t get it lol

These kids just aren’t smart enough to know you can go to any school and be a 1st rounded. Corner from UCF is gonna be a 1st rounder. If you’re good they’ll find you.

Not to beat a dead horse but You are a current prized recruit and just witnessed the top 2 hometown DBs diss their former high school coach.

How does that affect your preliminary list of preferred destinations?

Advertisement
Not to beat a dead horse but You are a current prized recruit and just witnessed the top 2 hometown DBs diss their former high school coach.

How does that affect your preliminary list of preferred destinations?

If we finish the same way next year and bama and Georgia battle again then yep the same thing will happen.

Prepared for more headaches with Stevenson and Dent this year

Both Stevenson and Dent are really talented players and it would be irresponsible of the staff to not recruit them but they can not repeat some of the BS that happened in 2018 we lost out on several talented DB's because we were holding out for TC,PS2, and JJ. It sucks to miss out on these high 4* and 5* guys but whats even worse is missing out on them getting a JAG and talking them up on signing day when we could have talented DB's coming in.

I'm pretty clear in my opinion that recruiting is sales, and salesmen can either be really good or not so good. Sales is a convincing game. Some guys do it better than others.

I don't know what Rumph is telling recruits or how he's telling it to them, but he's not doing a good job recruiting. That should be pretty clear right now. He seems like a good dude and is a good Cane, so I don't want to dog the guy anymore. But I'm just going to call it like it is on him. He's doing a terrible job as a salesman/recruiter.

Are there any successful NFL players who went to college to coach and killed it at recruiting?

Advertisement
Yep, I’ve heard that these two Ladson aNd Stevenson beat to there own drum. Will not be class followers, but will take decisions on there own. But it’s hard to believe they won’t go to the same school based on them tweeting and visiting the exact same stuff and places.
Well their drum should be beating in Miami's direction. I hope this year the staff becomes more aggressive filling spots if some of these half steppers don't give a clear indication that they are coming. Its ok to show recruits love, alot of them are good kids and work hard but there comes a point where you got to cut the stroking. I remember last cycle the staff tweeting out Sean T pics after they spoke to Jobe, which by the way he just gave up another td at the army game, and reading an article about PS2 headlined "Miami's got to show me more", you got to be out your dam ind git. Your in paradise, playing in an amazing NFL caliber stadium, close to family, getting a $100,000 eduction. Let the divas go and actually i'm still a little annoyed joyner took so long to flip. We should have gone after the Central LB Robert Hicks.

If you don’t think them knowing that UM pretty much had no shot yet they would visit and allow coaches to waste resources and isn’t trolling then we will have to agree to disagree.

This is consistent behavior with south Florida elite recruits. You think this happens all the time at Ohio state bama or Georgia? You may get some trolls here and there but usually those schools aren’t interested or the recruit have told the coaches they want to go out of state so don’t waste your time.

No they gave a shot to sway them didn’t work, they never once said they were comin and posted sh¡t on twitter saying ya im feeling the canes blah blah blah, they took all their visits with schools they were looking at which explains their visit here, they kept it close to the chest, never said favorites until the end, they handled it the right way

Now if you wanna see what a troll job was look at jobe that is exactly what you are talking about

Advertisement
Both Stevenson and Dent are really talented players and it would be irresponsible of the staff to not recruit them but they can not repeat some of the BS that happened in 2018 we lost out on several talented DB's because we were holding out for TC,PS2, and JJ. It sucks to miss out on these high 4* and 5* guys but whats even worse is missing out on them getting a JAG and talking them up on signing day when we could have talented DB's coming in.
Of course we are going to recruit them. That’s why I said I’m ready for the headaches lol

They likely knew months prior to signing day that Miami was not in the picture (only as an emergency backup...like your safe school when you are applying to colleges).

They see what happens on social media and by not saying anything in response to certain things linking them to you he schoo l and going to um on visits leads people believe you are genuinely interested in um when in fact you are not.

Most of the time UM is used to make their signing day more entertaining. UM finished third for Campbell. The entire season UM was always in the top two.

Unfortunately UM continues to be used as the safe school for these elite s Fl prospects.

They do what’s best for them. They owe us nothing. I’m tired of UM getting the sidechick treatment even when Richt and crew roll out the red carpet. These outside schools like bama Ohio state Georgia can come in at the last minute and take them. Then when they struggle there they expect UM to be waiting to pick them up when they want to transfer back home.

This has to change. I’d be ok with suffering with missing out on some recruits if that means letting these kids know we are not the safe school/sidechick anymore.
Yeah they might have played us, but we didn’t help ourselves by loosing the last 3 games while the two @sshole schools we were competing against for their services played in the title game. If we would have at least beat Wisconsin I’m pretty sure we could have at least nabbed one of the two.

Guys still talking about rumph recruiting lol. Look at the DBs bama put not only in the league but in the 1st rd. Even bums like Milner got 1st rd dough. And you guys think Rumph will have a better pitch than Smart and Saban? He can’t compete with that y’all don’t get it lol

A majority of the guys that Bama has put in the league over the last 5 years are 5 stars or high 4 stars. These aren't low 3 star projects that are coming into Bama. Those kids could go to other schools and still find there way into the league. Not saying Saban isn't a good coach, but people are making it out like Saban makes miracles work over there when it's clear he has a major talent advantage over every team he plays against.

Advertisement
Back