Miami's Tate Martell contemplating move to wide receiver

If anything lining up at WR would be good as a decoy and to make the defense/ DC think of what can happen. Whenever you make a defense think instead of just react it is a good thing.

Also, Enos has been known to pull some trickery on 2 -point conversions.
There was a nice double-reverse pass Arkansas pulled off a few years ago that sent the game to OT @ TCU.
I could see Tate throwing a similar pass as a WR to Jarren.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I guarantee Tate isn’t better or near the same level as Hightower, Harley, Pope, or Payton at WR. Not even close.
He doesn’t have to be better than those guys as a pure WR. He brings a different element with the passing threat. I don’t understand why this is so hard for people to grasp. People are jumping right on how he’s not better at WR than all of these guys but that’s not the basis for using him. Decoys, trick plays, totally mindfûcking opponents like the gaytor...

I didn't think he would be a WR, I just figured he would stick until he graduated then transfer to another team.

The last highly ranked QB that switched to WR in college I can think of is Jerrod Heard at Texas who was a high ranked 4-star with a 96.7 rating & the #2 Dual threat QB coming out of high school.

Where will he be placed on the Depth chart at WR? With KJ, JT4, Harley, Hightower, Pope, Wiggins, Payton & Njoku, is he competing with Few for reps?
Torrance Gibson was a 5 star

Advertisement
Boldin:
Height 6' 1"
Weight 216 lbs
40 Yard Dash 4.72s
Vertical Jump 33½"
3-Cone Drill 7.35s
20 Yard Shuttle 4.33s

I think Martell has the edge in every category except height (listed at 5'11"). I don't think people appreciate how rare it is to run a sub 4.0 shuttle, and sounds like Martell is between 215-220 lbs now.
Cut it out man...

Anquan Boldin had 118rec 1,790yds 21TD's in 3 years in college & 1,076rec 13,779yds 82TD's a Superbowl & was a 3x Pro bowler in the NFL.

Tate has been a WR for less than 24 hours, I get it, he ran the fastest shuttle time ever, but please stop with this "he has an edge" on this guy or that guy talk. Anquan Boldin was literally one the best WR's in the business from 03-2014.

You guys are getting way outta hand with this smh.

anything that keeps this kid on the team. also, compete compete compete. no one has said that he's starting as our slot WR. looking at the bigger picture, i see good coaching trying to make it work for what seems to be an exceptional ultra-competitive athlete with a high motor. again, anything to keep the kid engaged and on the team. he's made us better already, even if Jarren balls out.

Advertisement
Boldin:
Height 6' 1"
Weight 216 lbs
40 Yard Dash 4.72s
Vertical Jump 33½"
3-Cone Drill 7.35s
20 Yard Shuttle 4.33s

I think Martell has the edge in every category except height (listed at 5'11"). I don't think people appreciate how rare it is to run a sub 4.0 shuttle, and sounds like Martell is between 215-220 lbs now.

b51.gif

Wildcat, Slot, or H-Back. Give him a few plays with the ball in his hand rolling out and option to throw or run. Other times as a decoy. This would be deadly...

Advertisement
If anything lining up at WR would be good as a decoy and to make the defense/ DC think of what can happen. Whenever you make a defense think instead of just react it is a good thing.

Also, Enos has been known to pull some trickery on 2 -point conversions.
There was a nice double-reverse pass Arkansas pulled off a few years ago that sent the game to OT @ TCU.
I could see Tate throwing a similar pass as a WR to Jarren.

agree. It's something else the defense has to think about

Advertisement
He doesn’t have to be better than those guys as a pure WR. He brings a different element with the passing threat. I don’t understand why this is so hard for people to grasp. People are jumping right on how he’s not better at WR than all of these guys but that’s not the basis for using him. Decoys, trick plays, totally mindfûcking opponents like the gaytor...

yep. For all those asking for "packages" for Tate, this is just another twist. Just being on the field will have the defense thinking...

anything that keeps this kid on the team. also, compete compete compete. no one has said that he's starting as our slot WR. looking at the bigger picture, i see good coaching trying to make it work for what seems to be an exceptional ultra-competitive athlete with a high motor. again, anything to keep the kid engaged and on the team. he's made us better already, even if Jarren balls out.
Made us better how?!!! Why are some of you making this kid out be a legend when he ain't did JACK **** since he left high school?!! All this kid had to do was set one foot on UM campus and we instantly became a playoff contender! **** man, the crap some of yall come up with! Sheesh!

Advertisement
Back