Miami's Tate Martell contemplating move to wide receiver

Much respect for Tate

giphy (18).gif

Advertisement
When those other QBs became WRs did they give up QB role completely (other than package or trick play?)

Not unhappy with Perry as backup (And don't want to see him transfer) but seems like it would be nice if Tate could be a WR AND take reps as QB-3. Or is that unheard of /impossible?

Advertisement
When those other QBs became WRs did they give up QB role completely (other than package or trick play?)

Not unhappy with Perry as backup (And don't want to see him transfer) but seems like it would be nice if Tate could be a WR AND take reps as QB-3. Or is that unheard of /impossible?

"... if you’re gonna have a QB play WR, make sure he’s played WR before. Or be prepared to wait."

Maybe I am looking at this too simplistically but in my mind, Tate willing and able to work at another position shows me a few things:

1. The kid likes Miami and probably doesn't want to leave. He's established friendships and he HAS put in 110% by all accounts to contribute. It sure seems like the team has respected him and his work ethic up to this point. We should be embracing this; he wants to contribute in any way he can. He's a football junkie - let's give him a shot.

2. Tate is a athlete. Both he and the coaches feel he has enough athletic ability and the football smarts to try this. Who knows if it goes anywhere. It's been 2 days. (It was reported he took snaps at WR starting Thursday). He knows the plays - Perhaps this is another way of keeping the WR group motivated ...

Let's not kid ourselves - the addition of Tate to the QB competition was huge, regardless of the outcome for him. He may not have come with the skill level everyone expected but his work ethic and energy pushed Jarren and NKosi every day. Perhaps Manny is open to working with him making contributions to the team in other ways as respect for the effort he put in during the QB battle.

he added the element of being a threat and competition to the QB room, which as you know sucked last year in part because of Nkosi's and Jarren's immaturity (not to take away blame from the Richts). by all accounts, Tate is a film and workout junkie.Tate elevated the room and by consequence the team by causing Nkosi and Jarren to stop comiendo mierda and take this **** seriously. he made THEM better at preparing for their positions.
Dude stop! How did he push the other two guys when he's a nose hair away from changing positions? !! The fact that he himself is considering a position change is ALL the evidence you need to know that he was NEVER a threat to be the starting qb at UM! Some of yall determined to make this kid a Heisman finalist! Best player EVER at the U despite never taking a snap! Lol

Advertisement
Yet he's back with the team trying to carve a role on the team while idiot Smith leaves the team and is considering transferring to UF
He's back at UM cause he ain't got nowhere else to go! And he only came to UM because he thought he could waltz right in and take the starting spot from Kosi and Jarren! SIKE!

Advertisement
Where did I say I didn't like him? Everybody that doesn't think he's greatest player to ever live doesn't hate or dislike Tate. It's possible to like a player & still not think he's going to be Superstar at a brand new position he just switched to a day ago lol.

All I've said is you guys are going overboard already placing him above other WR's on the roster when he literally has had ONE practice at the position.

Anquan Boldin was a really really great WR, any comparison between Tate & Anquan starts & stops at the fact that they both at one point played QB in their career, that's it. The two aren't really comparable at all, testing numbers be damned lol.

That's all I'm saying.
In all my 30+ years of being a UM fan I ain't never seen a player get worshipped as much as this kid and his career ain't even started yet! Lol

Advertisement
Dude stop! How did he push the other two guys when he's a nose hair away from changing positions? !! The fact that he himself is considering a position change is ALL the evidence you need to know that he was NEVER a threat to be the starting qb at UM! Some of yall determined to make this kid a Heisman finalist! Best player EVER at the U despite never taking a snap! Lol

What's ridiculous about this?

Well, do you think Manny brought Martell to UM because he planned on him NOT competing for the QB1 job? Maybe he planned on Martell coming in to be a last-minute slot WR? Do you think all the reports of Martell's work ethic, film study, extra hours practicing, and the other QBs stepping up their game as a result were all just a bunch of lies?

Does that help?

What's ridiculous about this?

Well, do you think Manny brought Martell to UM because he planned on him NOT competing for the QB1 job? Maybe he planned on Martell coming in to be a last-minute slot WR? Do you think all the reports of Martell's work ethic, film study, extra hours practicing, and the other QBs stepping up their game as a result were all just a bunch of lies?

Does that help?
Apparently Jarren and Kosi were working and studying just as much as Tate was, which is why they're the top 2 qbs, no?

Advertisement
Back