Miami's Tate Martell contemplating move to wide receiver

Advertisement
Apparently Jarren and Kosi were working and studying just as much as Tate was, which is why they're the top 2 qbs, no?

That’s not what you said. You said Martell never had a shot at the QB job at Miami and never pushed the other two to be better and lol’d at anyone who ever thought he did. It was a ridiculous take. Still is.

Last edited:
Boldin is one of the most physical wr’s I ever saw , dude was more quick than fast and ran good routes but was an absolute monster. Db’s wanted nothing to do with him, plus he was jacked to the gills. He bodied db’s.

Another example of people getting caught up on speed and forget route running is the key to the position. Just making your routes look identical before the break and having the footwork to set guys up with little movements makes you impossible to guard.

Last edited:
That’s not what you said. You said Martell never had a shot at the QB job at Miami and lol’d at anyone who ever thought he did. It was a ridiculous take. Still is.
Are you serious dude? Kid might get moved to WR and you honestly believe he had a shot a being the starter? Kid bout to become a WR but he made the other qbs better? Now that's RIDICULOUS!

Advertisement
Are you serious dude? Kid might get moved to WR and you honestly believe he had a shot a being the starter? Kid bout to become a WR but he made the other qbs better? Now that's RIDICULOUS!

Every report was a lie. You’re the only one on here who knows the truth about what happened.

Talk about ridiculous.

Every report was a lie. You’re the only one on here who knows the truth about what happened.

Talk about ridiculous.
All I know is that Jarren is the starter, which means he out worked Perry and Tate. It's RIDICULOUS to argue that FACT! But to each his own...

All I know is that Jarren is the starter, which means he out worked Perry and Tate. It's RIDICULOUS to argue that FACT! But to each his own...

No one is arguing “that fact,” so stop trying to move the goal posts and just admit you went way overboard with your previous comments. It’s not that hard.

Maybe I am looking at this too simplistically but in my mind, Tate willing and able to work at another position shows me a few things:

1. The kid likes Miami and probably doesn't want to leave. He's established friendships and he HAS put in 110% by all accounts to contribute. It sure seems like the team has respected him and his work ethic up to this point. We should be embracing this; he wants to contribute in any way he can. He's a football junkie - let's give him a shot.

2. Tate is a athlete. Both he and the coaches feel he has enough athletic ability and the football smarts to try this. Who knows if it goes anywhere. It's been 2 days. (It was reported he took snaps at WR starting Thursday). He knows the plays - Perhaps this is another way of keeping the WR group motivated ...

Let's not kid ourselves - the addition of Tate to the QB competition was huge, regardless of the outcome for him. He may not have come with the skill level everyone expected but his work ethic and energy pushed Jarren and NKosi every day. Perhaps Manny is open to working with him making contributions to the team in other ways as respect for the effort he put in during the QB battle.
Absolutely agree. What's the harm in letting him stay involved and engaged. He's obviously physically talented, knows the playbook as you said, and maybe most importantly, keeps him motivated and on the roster.

God forbid something happens to Jarren, but Tate would be able to step right in without much drop off. I wouldn't be surprised if Enos comes up with some package/s that would utilize Tate in some way.

Advertisement
It is not a FACT that he was outworked. He just isn't as good a QB for this system. THAT is a FACT. I'm happy he is looking at other ways to help the team. Maybe a punt returner. Maybe DT

It is not a FACT that he was outworked. He just isn't as good a QB for this system. THAT is a FACT. I'm happy he is looking at other ways to help the team. Maybe a punt returner. Maybe DT

Gotta hold that DT spot down until Nesta gets healthy.

Advertisement
Absolutely agree. What's the harm in letting him stay involved and engaged. He's obviously physically talented, knows the playbook as you said, and maybe most importantly, keeps him motivated and on the roster.

God forbid something happens to Jarren, but Tate would be able to step right in without much drop off. I wouldn't be surprised if Enos comes up with some package/s that would utilize Tate in some way.

He’s actually impressed folks playing wr, especially for having no experience.

Advertisement
Boldin is one of the most physical wr’s I ever saw , dude was more quick than fast and ran good routes but was an absolute monster. Db’s wanted nothing to do with him, plus he was jacked to the gills. He bodied db’s.

Another example of people getting caught up on speed and forget route running is the key to the position. Just making your routes look identical before the break and having the footwork to set guys up with little movements makes you impossible to guard.

found the person that understands the WR position.
great optics for Tate to want to do whatever it takes to contribute and get on the field ...but slot receiver isnt exactly a need position(or one which is difficult to recruit in south florida)

i'll believe it when i see it.

Moxie would have had him staying at OSU and competing -
Not necessarily true.
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the Coaching staff encourage him to transfer?
Also, wasn't it reported that the O$U Atheltic department was a major part of why he was able to get his waiver here?

Moxie would have had him staying at OSU and competing -
i do not believe he had the option.

Not necessarily true.
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the Coaching staff encourage him to transfer?
Also, wasn't it reported that the O$U Atheltic department was a major part of why he was able to get his waiver here?
i believe they confirmed to NCAA that Tate was told the new coach didn't want him.
(iirc, he has a buckeye tattoo....he didnt want to leave)

...and i would expect Tate to stay this year at least..

as we all know..

yqexrovcxj720jxviqk9.png

....it is undefeated.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back