Miami's Tate Martell contemplating move to wide receiver

Advertisement
They played QB in college & switched to WR in the pros, I was talking about the last QB I could remember that made switch while IN COLLEGE.

And what exactly would catapult Tate ahead of every WR on the roster, what has he done that would move him so high up the depth chart at WR that would start ahead of 6 other natural WR's?

el, you're wrong about braxton miller.. he switched to WR prior to the 2015 season after it was clear he wasn't going to beat out jt barrett. he put up that ridiculous game against VT in the first game of the season

tate's situation is not the same... braxton switched to WR in the summer so he had a whole offseason of learning the position. but he also played it for only 1 season at ohio state and still got drafted in the third round.

if tate sticks at WR i wouldn't expect him to do much for us this year but if he wants to play football at the highest level this is his best shot. given braxton and david sills i wouldn't say it's impossible that he could get on the field for us at WR if he stuck with it.

Advertisement
Anquan Boldin switched at fsu

Boldin:
Height 6' 1"
Weight 216 lbs
40 Yard Dash 4.72s
Vertical Jump 33½"
3-Cone Drill 7.35s
20 Yard Shuttle 4.33s

I think Martell has the edge in every category except height (listed at 5'11"). I don't think people appreciate how rare it is to run a sub 4.0 shuttle, and sounds like Martell is between 215-220 lbs now.

Well IF the story is true......it certainly answers who was running 3rd string at QB....or his new perception about ever playing QB here.

Missed it by that much.gif

I wish him well

Last edited:
weird. if anything i would’ve expected him to just ride it out here, try to get some good tape, and then get his shot as a grad transfer somewhere. but maybe he figures he honestly has a better shot at the league at WR
Wonder if he's had a sit down chat with Enos about his future at QB.

It's for the good of the team. He's a good athlete, and if he wants to play in the NFL this is his future. Honestly he looks more like a WR anyways.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nah.

Braxton Miller and Terrelle Pryor.

Tate as our 3rd wideout would be absolutely nasty. Competitive mfer, fast, shifty and knows routes. If this is true it could be huge. I don't thin too much of any of the dudes at WR outside of JT and Osborn (based on coaches praise).

I guarantee Tate isn’t better or near the same level as Hightower, Harley, Pope, or Payton at WR. Not even close.

Advertisement
Every WR on the team has caught passes in the scrimmages, so what does that mean?

Tate has only been a WR for a few hours & yall already have him starting ahead of 6 other WR's that have been here & played WR for most of their life lol

You guys are getting kinda insane with how bad yall wanna crown him, the same way yall did when yall swore he was going to start at QB...

All I'm saying is, maybe instead of immediately throwing away every other WR on the roster we let Tate actually prove it before you turn him into the next Braxton Berrios.
Nobody is crowning the guy, but he has a better chance of staying with the team and contributing as a receiver than as a QB. Rather that than him be the next transfer.

If he takes a year to learn the position, he can compete for playing time next year with kJ and Thomas leaving.

el, you're wrong about braxton miller.. he switched to WR prior to the 2015 season after it was clear he wasn't going to beat out jt barrett. he put up that ridiculous game against VT in the first game of the season

tate's situation is not the same... braxton switched to WR in the summer so he had a whole offseason of learning the position. but he also played it for only 1 season at ohio state and still got drafted in the third round.

if tate sticks at WR i wouldn't expect him to do much for us this year but if he wants to play football at the highest level this is his best shot. given braxton and david sills i wouldn't say it's impossible that he could get on the field for us at WR if he stuck with it.

That spin was so nasty. Still remember it to this day.

Advertisement
Back