Miami's Portal Class

Advertisement
Confirmed

#Noexcuses
billy mayes GIF

With the class basically done, The Canes added a crapton of quality. I can easily see nine starters from this group.

Alston and Baron BOTH can be starters/ difference makers we are that deep at DE. Miami can be an 11 win team next year with just average coaching.

We don't have average coaching though. Mario has proven time and again he is far below average when it comes to game-day coaching. I mean the guy has refused to take a knee not once, but twice, in his career that cost his team a win. He is an awesome recruiter though. If, as others have said, he gets out of the way and let's his coordinators do their thing, we win 11 games, the ACC championship and make the playoff...this team has the talent plus a relatively easy schedule. Fingers crossed

Confirmed

#Noexcuses
What does this even mean, lol? If we only win 8 games will you stop following Miami? Will you call for Miami to buy out the last 7 year's of Mario's 80M contract (56M?) + buy out their new HC's existing contract + spend more than 10M a year to get a top 10 HC?

You all flip out at anyone for saying 8 or 9 wins, or 10 wins but not making the playoffs, is still a legit possibility if the cards fall the wrong way. I get it, this team on paper is better than everyone it plays in the regular season, and it should win 10 or more games. But Miami and its NIL backers are all in on Mario.

Advertisement
With the class basically done, The Canes added a crapton of quality. I can easily see nine starters from this group.

Alston and Baron BOTH can be starters/ difference makers we are that deep at DE. Miami can be an 11 win team next year with just average coaching.

Idk about all that... Going 11-1 isn't easy at all and takes legit coaching to achieve. I would say an average coach can go 9-3 with this roster. I think even a Dan Mullen could easily go 10-2 with this squad.

Idk about all that... Going 11-1 isn't easy at all and takes legit coaching to achieve. I would say an average coach can go 9-3 with this roster. I think even a Dan Mullen could easily go 10-2 with this squad.
I think Mullen would have this offense as a top 3-5 in the entire country. For as bad as he was as a recruiter, he could coach the offense.

What does this even mean, lol? If we only win 8 games will you stop following Miami? Will you call for Miami to buy out the last 7 year's of Mario's 80M contract (56M?) + buy out their new HC's existing contract + spend more than 10M a year to get a top 10 HC?

You all flip out at anyone for saying 8 or 9 wins, or 10 wins but not making the playoffs, is still a legit possibility if the cards fall the wrong way. I get it, this team on paper is better than everyone it plays in the regular season, and it should win 10 or more games. But Miami and its NIL backers are all in on Mario.

Bruh, imma keep it solid w/ u; at this point uā€™re simply having conversations w/ urself creating conjecture.

Advertisement

My friend my big feat is that if Mario wins 8 games or less with this roster and that schedule.... there is a chance the NIL $$ pipeline might shut off significantly.

Weā€™ll see about that if he underwhelms for the 3rd consecutive season ā€¦

Weā€™ll see about that if he underwhelms for the 3rd consecutive season ā€¦
Your assumption is that our nil backers agree AS A WHOLE, THAT MARIO IS UNDERWHELMING... You know what they say about assumptions brother. The people that matter in our nil are more aware of the ins & outs of the program. There's been plenty of progress which ALL OF THE COACHES we've had since Butch or a lesser extent cmr were incapable of getting in motion. I'm sure everyone assumes progress is just because of what we're spending. It's not. For those of us that understand sports(not saying you or anyone else doesn't)you know the wins are the last thing to come in this process. People will still find plenty to complain about. But that's just in their nature.

Your assumption is that our nil backers agree AS A WHOLE, THAT MARIO IS UNDERWHELMING... You know what they say about assumptions brother. The people that matter in our nil are more aware of the ins & outs of the program. There's been plenty of progress which ALL OF THE COACHES we've had since Butch or a lesser extent cmr were incapable of getting in motion. I'm sure everyone assumes progress is just because of what we're spending. It's not. For those of us that understand sports(not saying you or anyone else doesn't)you know the wins are the last thing to come in this process. People will still find plenty to complain about. But that's just in their nature.
The people "closest to the program" have proven time and again that they're incompetent - it's the main reason we've been terrible for 20 years.

Crisis needs to win at least 10 games this year, and really 11 but we're handicapping him a couple of losses because of his incompetence. No more excuses.

Advertisement
The people "closest to the program" have proven time and again that they're incompetent - it's the main reason we've been terrible for 20 years.

Crisis needs to win at least 10 games this year, and really 11 but we're handicapping him a couple of losses because of his incompetence. No more excuses.
That's horribly inaccurate. But no purpose in going back and forth if you've set your mind. I respect that.

Advertisement
I trust Cam to get us where we trying to go! TVD whatever happened jus fell off the deep end mentally last year that's not gonna happen with Cam. Also TVD wasn't a leader Cam is it's going to be a huge difference! We had alot of momentum Goin into GT game that team was fighting every week! This year I think it's a completely different outcome I expect us in the playoffs! I think our offense is top 10 and our D will hold it down with Guidry! PTSD will be healed!

Advertisement
Back