Miami's Portal Class

Advertisement
We pretty much revamped the entire DL, added a starting quality LB, really good upside young Corner, 2 good depth piece pass rushers, one of the top 10-12 best RB's in the Nation, a productive WR with size & speed, a starting Safety from a team that made the National championship last year & a starting Center...

Oh and one of the most naturally gifted arm talents in all of CFB.

We. Are. Loaded.

Still wish we would've been more aggressive addressing the needs at Corner & Safety, but we have enough to make do.

We pretty much revamped the entire DL, added a starting quality LB, really good upside young Corner, 2 good depth piece pass rushers, one of the top 10-12 best RB's in the Nation, a productive WR with size & speed, a starting Safety from a team that made the National championship last year & a starting Center...

Oh and one of the most naturally gifted arm talents in all of CFB.

We. Are. Loaded.

Still wish we would've been more aggressive addressing the needs at Corner & Safety, but we have enough to make do.
If I'm complaining, I really only have 2 complaints:

1) Not getting another DB in Spring portal (so a CB). Safety portal wasn't very good so imo can't complain much there. This should have honestly been decently easy to accomplish.
2) Not pushing Cam to retire and collect Social Security and get another transfer TE.

I mean I'd have really liked a true NT and Safety in the portal, but you can't have everything.

Advertisement
Miami can be an 11 win team next year with just average coaching.

Mario, please... please let Guidry and Dawson cook; wear the (unplugged) headset and yell and **** at everybody, rip Jacoby a new one when he commits a UC, smack Luis around when Francis gives up a pressure, help Cam McCormick file his SS papers, wrap Zion's legs... do whatever (including taking a kneel).

Just don't crash this Ferrari that you've worked so hard for.

Last edited:
If I'm complaining, I really only have 2 complaints:

1) Not getting another DB in Spring portal (so a CB). Safety portal wasn't very good so imo can't complain much there. This should have honestly been decently easy to accomplish.
2) Not pushing Cam to retire and collect Social Security and get another transfer TE.

I mean I'd have really liked a true NT and Safety in the portal, but you can't have everything.
We got 2 Safeties in the Winter Portal, we just for whatever reason hadn't figured out that hawking Vanderbilt DB's probably isn't the best strategy for restructuring your Safety room when you lose 2 starters.

There were better Safeties available in the Winter Portal that they could've got if they weren't stuck on their bizarre Vanderbilt method.

Players like Kendrick Simpkins or AJ Watts would've been perfect pickups to pair with Mesh Powell.

And not taking a 2nd Corner will remain baffling. Mainly because both the Winter & Spring Portals were absolutely jam packed with very very good starting caliber Corners.

We realistically could've fixed the entire room & eliminated any & all question marks about the Secondary had they taken the same approach they use for the DLine & OL.

We got 2 Safeties in the Winter Portal, we just for whatever reason hadn't figured out that hawking Vanderbilt DB's probably isn't the best strategy for restructuring your Safety room when you lose 2 starters.

There were better Safeties available in the Winter Portal that they could've got if they weren't stuck on their bizarre Vanderbilt method.

Players like Kendrick Simpkins or AJ Watts would've been perfect pickups to pair with Mesh Powell.

And not taking a 2nd Corner will remain baffling. Mainly because both the Winter & Spring Portals were absolutely jam packed with very very good starting caliber Corners.

We realistically could've fixed the entire room & eliminated any & all question marks about the Secondary had they taken the same approach they use for the DLine & OL.
Strange asf to me. It makes me think most teams tamper and know who’s coming way ahead of time and who’s not

Advertisement
Reading porsts about how we are stuck portal shopping for DBs that enter the portal is ******* laughable. When will you people understand what this is?

You don't just shop from the portal, you entice players into the portal. That is the game.

Only thing that makes remote sense to me is somebody jumped off the page to them in the spring. Maybe Brown. But if they feel they have a Porter equivalent in that room, it’d explain the lack of aggression. Guess we’ll see in camp.

Only thing that makes remote sense to me is somebody jumped off the page to them in the spring. Maybe Brown. But if they feel they have a Porter equivalent in that room, it’d explain the lack of aggression. Guess we’ll see in camp.
I don't trust or believe Camp parables.

I've heard & seen too many times, "(Insert player here) had a great camp & should have a breakout season."
Only for them to play exactly the same way they have during the season.

Its rare for CB's to go from bad to good in one offseason, especially when they don't have elite traits to fall back on.

I'll belive it when it I see it.

I don't trust or believe Camp parables.

I've heard & seen too many times, "(Insert player here) had a great camp & should have a breakout season."
Only for them to play exactly the same way they have during the season.

Its rare for CB's to go from bad to good in one offseason, especially when they don't have elite traits to fall back on.

I'll belive it when it I see it.

Nah I hear you, I’m just racking my brain thinking about the thought process in the building. I mean, they SERIOUSLY upgraded **** near every position thru HS recruiting plus portal additions. But it doesn’t seem like CB was treated the same way. Only reason I keep coming back to is they’re good with what they’ve got. Or at least they think they are. Like we said, we’ll see. Really, really need everyone in that room healthy.

Advertisement
With the class basically done, The Canes added a crapton of quality. I can easily see nine starters from this group.

Alston and Baron BOTH can be starters/ difference makers we are that deep at DE. Miami can be an 11 win team next year with just average coaching.

Unless one of them is moving inside they're not both starting because Bain already has one side locked up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back