Miami's Portal Class

Advertisement
Advertisement
Come on Ben. You are also lowering your own expectations because UM has let you down so often. And I don’t blame you but what do you expect to occur in terms of wins?
i think people are conflating minimum expectation with realistic expectation. we havent had a minimum 8 win roster in a while. i will be disappointed if we do not have double-digit wins.

We pretty much revamped the entire DL, added a starting quality LB, really good upside young Corner, 2 good depth piece pass rushers, one of the top 10-12 best RB's in the Nation, a productive WR with size & speed, a starting Safety from a team that made the National championship last year & a starting Center...

Oh and one of the most naturally gifted arm talents in all of CFB.

We. Are. Loaded.

Still wish we would've been more aggressive addressing the needs at Corner & Safety, but we have enough to make do.
How much do you think NIL budget factored into not chasing more DBs? A lot? Some? Not much?

i think people are conflating minimum expectation with realistic expectation. we havent had a minimum 8 win roster in a while. i will be disappointed if we do not have double-digit wins.
We also haven't had a QB of this caliber in 20+ years. FSU went from being bowl-less 4 straight years to going 13-1 last year with a QB who improved but wasn't all world. No reason we can't do similar or better. Barring injuries to multiple key players, we have zero excuses this year.

Advertisement
Strange asf to me. It makes me think most teams tamper and know who’s coming way ahead of time and who’s not
They definitely know whose coming (big Pause). Sometimes I figure grades, character concerns, or some way out of pocket NIL request must be part of it cuz no way in **** Mario sees our db's and says, " oh yeah we're good with what we have and pour me another cafecito ".

Advertisement
I think CB recruiting or lack thereof has everything to do with what they had to do and say to keep Damari from going to FSU.

They could only pursue a true nickel CB. Anyone else on the boundary and he was going to dip IMO. Hence the reason you kept hearing how good he was at the end of camp... only at the end when they cut out the media.. because he was banged up and not looking that great prior to when they stopped letting media viewings.

Elite spin job on that one. Highly doubt he went from being absolutely cooked in every snap he took as a freshman to being penciled in as the starter and apparently being lock down at the end of camp. Also after being banged up and having a gimpy ankle early in camp.

Advertisement
I think CB recruiting or lack thereof has everything to do with what they had to do and say to keep Damari from going to FSU.

They could only pursue a true nickel CB. Anyone else on the boundary and he was going to dip IMO. Hence the reason you kept hearing how good he was at the end of camp... only at the end when they cut out the media.. because he was banged up and not looking that great prior to when they stopped letting media viewings.

Elite spin job on that one. Highly doubt he went from being absolutely cooked in every snap he took as a freshman to being penciled in as the starter and apparently being lock down at the end of camp. Also after being banged up and having a gimpy ankle early in camp.
We love a good hostage situation lmao. Nothing raises the floor quite like complacency.

We love a good hostage situation lmao. Nothing raises the floor quite like complacency.
Welcome to Miami

will smith miami GIF by Romy

Advertisement
Back