Miami working on Richt extension

Anyone in here who thinks Richt only had the choice of UVA and Miami is dumb af.

Yall really are sheople to media and reports.

Mark Richt could have taken the job of any coach in the nation who doesn't currently have a championship, imo.

Im pretty sure he gets calls and offers every single offseason. I imagine he's gotten his fair share this season as well.

Willie Taggart(Fuqin Bum and below average) just replaced a championship coach and these guys think that schools aren't desperate enough to call an active coach with .739 win percentage??

how sway?

Where's your proof that all kinds of teams were looking at Richt? The only teams that were recorded as looking at him were UVA and Miami.

With that being said there are usually a fairly limited number of elite jobs that are open each cycle. It's not like teams are always looking for a new coach.

Advertisement
Okay. I'm telling you. It going to grow old QUICK. People forget that Coker averaged 9-10 wins here after the Butch kids left and he WON a championship still got ousted.

I'd agree with you if Miami was a college town but we aren't. We want to see dominance/championship contending. PERIOD.
So you're thinking once all the Golden Recruits have moved on, Richt's performance is going to drop off similar to Coker once all Butch's recruits left? If that's what you're thinking you should seriously consider giving up thinking all together. Richt won 9 and 10 games WITH AL GOLDEN RECRUITS! We have a 2nd string 3rd baseman playing quarterback and we played in the conference championship and a NY6 bowl.

You're right. I actually think it was a 4 game streak. My apologies.

I don't hate Miami, I just don't like MR. I know your brain can't separate those two. But just give it a shot Corky. I also hate Miamis basketball uniforms. Does that mean I pull for them to lose? Jim Morris sucks balls too. Does that equate to not liking the baseball team or university? Or does it only apppy to MR and the football program?
Plenty of hate in your post. I have a strong suspicion that you also hate yourself.

Advertisement
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a trend all over college football. Seems like we love to do this a little bit too early though... not upset with keeping Richt around though. We could do a lot worse lol

There is no reason to extend him yet.

The guy is riding a three game losing streak, possibly four if LSU kicks our ***.

He has multiple years left and there is no rush. You extend at high points in a career.

Those of you saying that you do it for recruiting talk out of both sides of your mouths. You say that you shouldn't commit to a coach and instead to a school. Which one is it?

Should this happen before the season, it's a moronic move no matter how it plays out. Is Richt going to have more peace of mind and suddenly coach better? What's the reasoning? This is the point where you say the new contract probably has a lower buyout or some other dumb stuff people have come up with to justify the continued moronic decisions of this administration. Thought they might have turned the corner, but this makes me do a double take.

The guy is riding a three game losing streak, possibly four if LSU kicks our ***.

He has multiple years left and there is no rush. You extend at high points in a career.

Those of you saying that you do it for recruiting talk out of both sides of your mouths. You say that you shouldn't commit to a coach and instead to a school. Which one is it?

Should this happen before the season, it's a moronic move no matter how it plays out. Is Richt going to have more peace of mind and suddenly coach better? What's the reasoning? This is the point where you say the new contract probably has a lower buyout or some other dumb stuff people have come up with to justify the continued moronic decisions of this administration. Thought they might have turned the corner, but this makes me do a double take.
I get that you don't much like Richt, but why even say this? Isn't it technically true that we could always potentially lose our next game? Sounds to me like just a cheap way to add strength to your argument by turning 3 losses into 4 before a 2018 game has even been played.

Advertisement

Obviously you have some skepticism toward Richt... Why? Is there something you think Richt can do better? Also who else could Miami hire that has a better resume than richt?

I'm just laughing at the people saying Richt couldn't have gotten another job and nobody else was going to hire him. You realize that the other two P5 programs in this state just hired Dan Mullen and Willie Lump Lump as their head football coaches? Oregon just named Mario Cristobal their head coach. There's a small handful of active coaches who have a resume that can trump Richt's. Teams would literally be lining up to hire him.

I get that you don't much like Richt, but why even say this? Isn't it technically true that we could always potentially lose our next game? Sounds to me like just a cheap way to add strength to your argument by turning 3 losses into 4 before a 2018 game has even been played.

I don't like Richt? That's news to me. The opposite is in fact true. I think he's one heck of a guy who I think is as good of a person as they come. I felt the same way about Coker, good dude and not as good of a coach as Richt, but that's wasn't enough to keep him employed here.

I feel that Richt underachieved at UGA. I don't want to get into a debate about why that is, it's been talked about here ad nauseum.

When we hired him, I was on board with it with one caveat. That he would be reenergized and focused at the opportunity to coach at his alma mater. I think he seems to be that, but I'm beginning to think something is still missing or that he's just not a great coach, but a good one.

I will say this. The offensive woes are squarely on his shoulders and his sons. This year is my make or break with him on it. Three years in, you can't use the board popular opinion that the offense stutters because Rosier is limited. You've had ample time to improve things and get it right. His offense is absolutely horrendous in third down situations as well as in the red zone.

Off track a bit, but you're **** right, I did bring up the way he finished the season. In the real world, nobody gets a raise when you have a last quarter like that. You could make the argument that it's feasible to do so after our big opener, but no way before that. You look at the past, but you also look at the future. The LSU game is absolutely worth mentioning at this time.

I wouldn't be in any kind of rush to offer anything but what he has until he proves more on game day. You can talk about all this recruiting is trending up ( I agree), but as we've come to know, recruits are not but unfulfilled potential that needs to be developed. At UGA, if you believe the recruiting rankings, he fell far short of where they should've been on paper.

Advertisement
Have you guys seen his last 3 predecessors?

As a refresher course for our friends who started following the program after the FSU game...

Coker, Shannon, and Golden.

Because you made a mistake with them, doesn't mean take corrective action with Richt.

I'm just laughing at the people saying Richt couldn't have gotten another job and nobody else was going to hire him. You realize that the other two P5 programs in this state just hired Dan Mullen and Willie Lump Lump as their head football coaches? Oregon just named Mario Cristobal their head coach. There's a small handful of active coaches who have a resume that can trump Richt's. Teams would literally be lining up to hire him.

There is no question, if we hadn't hired him, he'd have taken a year in the booth and likely be the HC at FSU right now, cleaning our clocks in South FL recruiting.

Obviously you have some skepticism toward Richt... Why? Is there something you think Richt can do better? Also who else could Miami hire that has a better resume than richt?

Is that a real post?

Yes, I have a lot of skepticism regarding Richt and you should as well. This team has questions everywhere.

Yes, there is obviously plenty Richt and company can do better.

The old "who could we get better" monster rears it's ugly head. I'm sure there is someone we could've gotten better. There almost always is. See my previous post in reply to someone. I should add that as a face of the program, knocked it out of the park. As a game day coach, the jury is still out.

Anyhow, most people identify the wrong guy for a hire in this field or they have an unreal set of expectations. We were spoiled for years, expect to return to the way it was, and maybe it never will. I don't hire college coaches or have the time to analyze everyone out there, but yes and again, I'm sure there's someone better out there.

Advertisement
Why do guys like you always fall back on the words "hater" and "troll" when you can't think of anything better to say?

You're stuck in a place that you think is cool to revert to idiotic terms like those constantly.

Mark was fired by UGA because he wasn't good enough anymore in their eyes. "Naw, you're just a hater and a troll".

So why exactly did UGA can his ***? Please give me your reasons for his firing. It's kinda hard to argue the fact when Kirby did so well, so quick, after replacing the burned out bum.

I like Richt as a person, but I don't disagree with a lot of what you've said here.

I do think people around here would rather hide their heads in the sand rather than look at things objectively. When something doesn't go their way, they do go the troll route. They also deflect like there's no tomorrow.

The one thing I don't agree with though is your approach. He's not "bum" and while so think he was burned out at UGA, is that still true today? I hope not, but we'll see. Should he not do more with what he's got here, then maybe he wasn't just burned out at UGA, but also an underachiever. They got some darn good classes under that man, but there was always some reason they fell short.

Off track a bit, but you're **** right, I did bring up the way he finished the season. In the real world, nobody gets a raise when you have a last quarter like that. You could make the argument that it's feasible to do so after our big opener, but no way before that. You look at the past, but you also look at the future. The LSU game is absolutely worth mentioning at this time.

I wouldn't be in any kind of rush to offer anything but what he has until he proves more on game day. You can talk about all this recruiting is trending up ( I agree), but as we've come to know, recruits are not but unfulfilled potential that needs to be developed. At UGA, if you believe the recruiting rankings, he fell far short of where they should've been on paper.

You most definitely get a raise when you win the university it's first EVER ACC coastal division title and it's first 10 win season in so long I don't even know the number off the top of my head. About 15 YEARS give or take a few.

Richt was 100% the best coach we could have hired at the time. He has a BOSS resume. With championships to his name (as an OC) going back to the early 90s. He is more motivated to win here than any other coach we would have hired, it is personal to him on multiple levels (the way he was ousted at UGA and he is U alum). The only way he underperformed at UGA is by not winning a ship as a HC. And anyone who says that shows he can't win one here is a straight up moron. They said the same things about JJ.

Richt is absolutely capable of winning a title and I happen to think he needed to come home to get it. But the man had to turn around a complete 15 year ****show and is doing a **** good job. Short of stealing the Time stone from Thanos and going back in time to 1987 or 2001 it's hard to say he could be doing a better job at the moment. The school did the right thing by showing him support and fans should do the same.

Where's your proof that all kinds of teams were looking at Richt? The only teams that were recorded as looking at him were UVA and Miami.

With that being said there are usually a fairly limited number of elite jobs that are open each cycle. It's not like teams are always looking for a new coach.

On record dawg. That's my point. Everything aint going to be on record. Richt said his phone rang for jobs this offseason in an interview. Although, none of those inquiries are on record. Think he's lying? I highly doubt that, my guy.

A lot of stuff happens off the record because sometimes Admins don't want the current coaches to know theiyre about to get the pink slip. There are a thousand reasons why you don't go on record when offering a highly competitive job.

My proof? a.739 win percentage and Willie Taggart getting hired to replace Jimbo Fisher.

That should show you the desperation in CFB to field a good team. Everything in this world isn't just black and white.

Advertisement
Back