Miami will never be relevant again

The hard truth is, we have to PAY.

This idea that we're going to recruit at an elite level without paying money upfront for recruits is just a fairytale.

Whoever is in charge of putting this kind of thing together needs to get with the fckin program, these kids & their families want/need money, so GIVE THEM SOME FCKIN MONEY.

Winning will help, but in order to win you need talent, can't get talent without paying for it. Can we win with the talent we have sure, but there's a limit to it, if we want to win the ACC & compete in the playoffs & have a shot at national titles we have no choice but play the bag game. If all we're trying to do is win 10 games maximum & look respectable, then just keep doing what we've been doing.

If you have great X's & O's coaches that can get the most out of your talent & overachieve then that can help speed up the process of turning the program around into winning more on an annual basis, but if you got big goals & more than just being another middle of the road program you're going to have to pay, it's just that simple.

I know most think Miami cannot play the bag game at all because Shapiro, Shapiro, Shapiro, I get it... I'm just simply telling you, the only way we're ever going to get back to recruiting at an elite level where we have top 5 classes on the regular, is if we pay these kids to stay home.

Cold hard facts. Top level Recruits/families really don’t give two sh*ts about winning, $$$$ is the #1 factor in their decision.

Will there be a few that just want to stay home, sure, but majority of these dudes want to get paid. Miami ain’t winning big with the occasional “Duke Johnson”.

Advertisement

This idea that we're going to recruit at an elite level without paying money upfront for recruits is just a fairytale.

Whoever is in charge of putting this kind of thing together needs to get with the fckin program, these kids & their families want/need money, so GIVE THEM SOME FCKIN MONEY.

Winning will help, but in order to win you need talent, can't get talent without paying for it. Can we win with the talent we have sure, but there's a limit to it, if we want to win the ACC & compete in the playoffs & have a shot at national titles we have no choice but play the bag game. If all we're trying to do is win 10 games maximum & look respectable, then just keep doing what we've been doing.

If you have great X's & O's coaches that can get the most out of your talent & overachieve then that can help speed up the process of turning the program around into winning more on an annual basis, but if you got big goals & more than just being another middle of the road program you're going to have to pay, it's just that simple.

I know most think Miami cannot play the bag game at all because Shapiro, Shapiro, Shapiro, I get it... I'm just simply telling you, the only way we're ever going to get back to recruiting at an elite level where we have top 5 classes on the regular, is if we pay these kids to stay home.

Exactly. Been saying it quite sometime.

If Cam Newton was paid 200k back in 09 you can imagine what kids get now.

I’m sick and tired of hearing “we need to win 10 a year consistently”

We could win 12 a year for 4 years and we aren’t going to land the big fish.

You want ballers? Ballers get paid. The kids who commit early aren’t getting paid.

The system is also rigged. Don’t you guys find it funny that literally every school in SoFla goes on these “SEC tours”. Boosters pay coaches, foot the bill for uniforms, etc.

Play the game and win big or be prepared to win an average 7-8 games a year with a 9-11 season every blue moon.

Miami never one with all world players. They won with “Miami” kids. Not Dade County kids, Miami kids. Clinton Portis was a Miami kid from Gainesville. Shockey was a Miami kid from Oklahoma, Santana Moss was a Miami kid from Miami. Find those kids. Someone brought up Byron Cowart the other day, he was supposed to have beer flavored nipples coming out of HS. Good player but he did not make or break his program. Find the right kids from where ever and they can compete.

Advertisement
Miami never one with all world players. They won with “Miami” kids. Not Dade County kids, Miami kids. Clinton Portis was a Miami kid from Gainesville. Shockey was a Miami kid from Oklahoma, Santana Moss was a Miami kid from Miami. Find those kids. Someone brought up Byron Cowart the other day, he was supposed to have beer flavored nipples coming out of HS. Good player but he did not make or break his program. Find the right kids from where ever and they can compete.
As you said a Miami guy is a mentality, you don’t have to be from Miami to play here. These kids don’t Fvck with miami like that . Many of Miami’s greats were not from south Florida and if we need to expand our board to go more national in certain cases then we got to do what we got to do. Can’t keep getting played by these south Florida guys every year for the most part

We dont have boosters like the SEC schools who are willing to commit federal crimes to win games. Shapiro was pretty much it, the investigation proved that.

You dont get it, because you're just a fan, not actually a Cane. You have zero idea how different Miami is as a school from Bama, UGA, etc.

It will never happen here

Who else has been on probation for 6 years for kids having their dinners paid for in any conference? How many schools have the NCAA hired ppl to try and bust them in the last however many years you just named? You don’t think that affects a program? When your best two players on defense are kicked off the team bc they didn’t have to pay full price for rental cars? It’s impossible to beat the team and the refs, this is the same case. Bama can buy chargers for kids but we can’t even rent them at half price for a weekend.
You're making nothing but excuses. I don't care what Bama could do but I know what Miami can do. We should win the Coastal based on talent for the next 3 yrs. Probably more but lets see if we can live up to our potential and get it done. This is the start to relevance. Just win the Coastal with at least 9 wins this season and no less than 10 wins the following 2 seasons and see how things change in recruiting. I would go as far as to say that we'd be in the playoffs year 3 but I'll take my Cane shades off for now.

The problem is we’re not good at getting away with it.

We can’t even get away with the little shlt, the penny ante stuff.

If only Philip Frost was a football fan

Advertisement
You're making nothing but excuses. I don't care what Bama could do but I know what Miami can do. We should win the Coastal based on talent for the next 3 yrs. Probably more but lets see if we can live up to our potential and get it done. This is the start to relevance. Just win the Coastal with at least 9 wins this season and no less than 10 wins the following 2 seasons and see how things change in recruiting. I would go as far as to say that we'd be in the playoffs year 3 but I'll take my Cane shades off for now.
Bro we still don’t have a full roster. Are you serious? These are reasons not excuses, it’s a difference. It only takes one Calvin Ridley and Cook to be back winning 10 games for 3 years. What has FSU done since Cook been gone?

We dont have boosters like the SEC schools who are willing to commit federal crimes to win games. Shapiro was pretty much it, the investigation proved that.

You dont get it, because you're just a fan, not actually a Cane. You have zero idea how different Miami is as a school from Bama, UGA, etc.

It will never happen here
"You're just a fan, not actually a Cane"... That's where you're 100% wrong.

I'm a lot more of Cane than you, you don't know me so you can gtfoh with that dumb sh*t bruh. Don't ever question my allegiance, dedication or loyalty to this program because you literally have no idea who am I.

You can disagree with my opinion all you want, but don't ever go there with me.

This mentality is mierda.

Want Miami to win again and recruit well:

- have schemes that are recent and fit with our recruiting base (defense is good, offense should be with Enos). Check.

- Recruit elite QBs (for the most part, they aren’t about the bag life). We have 3 4* on the roster with one committed and one on the verge of committing for 2021. Check.

- Load up on 4 stars and high 3 stars that fit our scheme and develop the **** out of them. Remains to be seen.

- Stop losing to ******* Duke and UVA

...and GT (YUCK), BC, Pittsburgh, all of this has been a thorn in my side since 2008.

Advertisement
I swear some of you here are like my high school girlfriend who I had spend 2 hours with on the phone every night convincing her over her sobbing that no, she won't get rejected by every college even MDCC, yes, people actually like her, no she is't fat, and no she won't end up just like her mother. Jesus..

I swear some of you here are like my high school girlfriend who I had spend 2 hours with on the phone every night convincing her over her sobbing that no, she won't get rejected by every college even MDCC, yes, people actually like her, no she is't fat, and no she won't end up just like her mother. Jesus..

You know you were lying about all those things. She’s going to end up just like her mom, big and fat

Advertisement
Here's what I wanna know:
how many of you keyboard heroes sitting here getting angry about these kids taking money and leaving would have the strength to not take it?

Imagine coming from a low income family in the areas these kids are from where you are happy if your family is able to pay the bills, eat, and make it to the next day. Then imagine you are lucky enough to have/discover a talent that is recognized by colleges which gives you the slightest chance or hope that you can go to the NFL and make more money than your family has ever dreamed of. You would do anything you could to improve that chance.

AND that's before these bagmen come and offer to move your family somewhere better as soon as you sign, get them jobs, and offer you more money right there than your parents could make in years.

Ya'll are saying that you would look at the cars, clothes, chains, money and say "No thanks, I'd rather play for the college closest to where I live for free. I might have a slightly lower chance of making it to the NFL due to the uncertainty behind that school. But it's cool because I'd rather try to make them better and not be considered a 'traitor' by those guys on the message boards."

No ya'll wouldn't. 99% of you would have jumped out of your chair and had the papers signed before your desk chair stopped spinning.

Dudes like Duke or Chaney (hopefully) that do that are special. The benefits and consequences of their decision to take or not take that money aren't just a recruiting class or win or loss in a college sport for their favorite school, it affects them for the rest of their and their families life.

Think about this...and this is coming froma guy with like 5 or 6 grand worth of autographed Canes memorabilia in his living room...

If UGA or Bama or OSU or Clemson said here's 150k. You are a Clemson fan now.

How many people say no? Me personally, I might switch. Idk. Miami has never paid my Bill's. I always give money to Miami. It's hard for a kid to turn down the bag.

The problem is we’re not good at getting away with it.

We can’t even get away with the little shlt, the penny ante stuff.

If only Philip Frost was a football fan
It's not about being "good" at it or otherwise. It's about the fact that no one will look the other way if we do it.

@Liberty City El

Tell them we have to pay man these fans r cooked they dont get it, it can be 15 years later and we still havent won and they will say all we need is wins while all the savages go to paying schools . U cant reason with these people man, im upset for u having to argue with these people. Its like telling a child stop coloring out the lines and they still do it......fuqin frustrating lol

Advertisement
Back