Miami will never be relevant again

We don’t need 5 stars to win the ACC coastal. We need coaches who don’t **** up and a QB.

We have to grind it out the hard way.

We have always recruited better than every team in the coastal and we will continue too. Miami needs to become a regular in the ACC title game like VT and GT were regulars.

Be competitive and win the ACC a few times.

Our path isn’t as difficult because of the BS conference we play in.

We absolutely need to figure out how to scout QBs.

If McKenzie Milton, Geno Smith, Lamar Jackson, Teddy Bridgewater went to Miami we are a playoff team with the roster we had. In the years those guys played.

Skill positions are often interchangeable. We replace guys with other guys. QB not so much. We could have been a playoff team with Joe Yearby, Duke Johnson, Mark Walton or Travis Homer as RBs if we had a dope QB. We are never a terrible team at at skill positions even with 3 star kids.

Advertisement
We don’t need 5 stars to win the ACC coastal. We need coaches who don’t **** up and a QB.

We have to grind it out the hard way.

We have always recruited better than every team in the coastal and we will continue too. Miami needs to become a regular in the ACC title game like VT and GT were regulars.

Be competitive and win the ACC a few times.

Our path isn’t as difficult because of the BS conference we play in.

We absolutely need to figure out how to scout QBs.

If McKenzie Milton, Geno Smith, Lamar Jackson, Teddy Bridgewater went to Miami we are a playoff team with the roster we had. In the years those guys played.

Skill positions are often interchangeable. We replace guys with other guys. QB not so much. We could have been a playoff team with Joe Yearby, Duke Johnson, Mark Walton or Travis Homer as RBs if we had a dope QB. We are never a terrible team at at skill positions even with 3 star kids.
I agree with the first sentence we can win the ****** Coastal with a QB, we need to land that game breaker and it can change the perception of the program

Listen, man...we as a fanbase just expect us to be good and to be a draw just because someone with a pulse and a new gimmick shows up to coach us. We need to stop that.

This is the most hotly contested recruiting territory in the country. Literally EVERYONE is down here recruiting EVERYONE. From 5* to that sleeper 2*. EVERYONE. Just because we're Miami and we were really good 20, 30, 40 years ago isn't worth two nickels to these kids. They weren't even born the last time we were good. Most of these kids have seen ONE bowl win in their lifetime if they are 'Canes fans.

WE.ARE.TRASH to most kids down here. From Pop Warner through High School...even the biggest 'Cane fans will still say we are trash. It is...what it is. We've been trash. Until we understand that, we are going to keep getting our hopes up on the next highly regarded kid that commits to us early.

This is not even considering the people that surround these players. The coaches that surround them. The family. This isn't even bringing BAGS to the table. These players would go to Alabama...Clemson...Georgia WITHOUT a bag. Let that one sink in and if you disagree...I'm sorry, but you have a long way to go when it comes to processing the state of this program.

We are just a bad choice for top kids at this point.

Before we can become a good choice...we've got to win with what we do get. And...we haven't been able to do that. When we can...maybe we start landing a few of these studs. Maybe.

Advertisement
Hopeful we have that guy we shall see I am expecting a great season
Garcia pulling the trigger for 21 class will salvage that situation. Not to mention Van Dyke in the 20 class. Enos and Tate, IMO are going to run scit over and not look back. I mean I been a Kosi fan since Vanguard but the added element of Tate is a different beast. That’s not Rosier part 2 neither. Big timer when the lights are on and the TV cameras are rolling.

Garcia pulling the trigger for 21 class will salvage that situation. Not to mention Van Dyke in the 20 class. Enos and Tate, IMO are going to run scit over and not look back. I mean I been a Kosi fan since Vanguard but the added element of Tate is a different beast. That’s not Rosier part 2 neither. Big timer when the lights are on and the TV cameras are rolling.
Im not a believer in Tate like most I think his arm lacks strength but he can shock me being that he can run and scramble. Outside the pocket is where he lives and has good game...........I think JW would be our best bet. One of these guys needs to step up

Advertisement
Im not a believer in Tate like most I think his arm lacks strength but he can shock me being that he can run and scramble. Outside the pocket is where he lives and has good game...........I think JW would be our best bet. One of these guys needs to step up
Williams could be too. Tate is just a different animal with his legs. That kills the DL when they have to go 3 more downs bc of a running QB. One that makes you game plan.

Williams could be too. Tate is just a different animal with his legs. That kills the DL when they have to go 3 more downs bc of a running QB. One that makes you game plan.
If tate had zip on his arm he would be hella dangerous I think hes good enough to win the coastal but as those wide receiver windows get smaller I think the ball takes to long to get there vs elite. But but but its possible to beat those teams cause if Johhny football did (and he sucks) then its possible in college to win with a kid like that

Advertisement
If tate had zip on his arm he would be hella dangerous I think hes good enough to win the coastal but as those wide receiver windows get smaller I think the ball takes to long to get there vs elite. But but but its possible to beat those teams cause if Johhny football did (and he sucks) then its possible in college to win with a kid like that
The thing with running QBs, ppl start looking in the backfield.

Advertisement
Miami will have to get lucky with some lower rated dudes that overachieve to be competitive

It’s always been that way. This team wasn’t built w primadonnas; it was built w pit bulls locked up in the pound. Kids that left it all on the line w a singular goal of being great.

We’ve tricked off evaluations and we’ve tricked off player recruitment.

The hard truth is, we have to PAY.

This idea that we're going to recruit at an elite level without paying money upfront for recruits is just a fairytale.

Whoever is in charge of putting this kind of thing together needs to get with the fckin program, these kids & their families want/need money, so GIVE THEM SOME FCKIN MONEY.

Winning will help, but in order to win you need talent, can't get talent without paying for it. Can we win with the talent we have sure, but there's a limit to it, if we want to win the ACC & compete in the playoffs & have a shot at national titles we have no choice but play the bag game. If all we're trying to do is win 10 games maximum & look respectable, then just keep doing what we've been doing.

If you have great X's & O's coaches that can get the most out of your talent & overachieve then that can help speed up the process of turning the program around into winning more on an annual basis, but if you got big goals & more than just being another middle of the road program you're going to have to pay, it's just that simple.

I know most think Miami cannot play the bag game at all because Shapiro, Shapiro, Shapiro, I get it... I'm just simply telling you, the only way we're ever going to get back to recruiting at an elite level where we have top 5 classes on the regular, is if we pay these kids to stay home.

100%!!! Got to pay to play!! I pray, the UM power brokers do something to even the playing field. If you want to be in the playoffs, you need to $ign top classes every year. That is how Clemson and GA have been able to turn the corner so quickly. Anyone that thinks different, has no idea what they are talking about.

Mark Emmert and the NCAA cartel have destroyed the ability for teams to compete with the bag schools...

It is what it is, just look at how the CFB game has changed since 2003..

Moar corrupt than ever...

That being said..... Lets go Canes!!

Advertisement
Back