Miami will never be relevant again

Advertisement
We were ranked number 2 in the country in November 2017. We did that with a less talented roster than we will have this season. Let’s get back to 10-0 and then not lose to Pitt and see what happens.

Ranked number two and actually being a top two team are not the same, only our record was top 2

Martell - CA
Dallas - GA
Osborn - MI
Thomas - IL
Jordan - NV

Our core on offense is from all over, supplemented with Florida kids.

Maybe this is how it should be moving forward.

That's pretty much the make up of our best teams.

Advertisement
Who knows maybe fans will turn off college football if the same teams continue to be in the CFB Playoffs year after year like they did with the NFL and NBA. The all mighty dollar still rules the world, and if leagues/conferences aren’t making it in spades then perhaps that could change things on the landscape.

As to paying players, I don’t know about that if only because the NCAA will hit us with a fine tooth comb, making it impossible to keep everything concealed. We are Miami - we’ve won with different players, who possess different attitudes, and had an us against the world mentality. Those players still exist today, it would behoove us to find them no matter where they are, develop them, and watch them grow into big time players. We don’t need, nor haven’t needed every 5* kid to do it. I feel Manolo gets that, understands it, and will do everything in his power to implement it.

Gonna win big with average talent and average staff....got it
But in a horrible conference, so yea...... average coaching and talent should result in some 1 or 2 loss seasons, which will mean some top 10 finishes, which will mean UM is relevant.

If the coaching staff turns out to be above average, and we catch a few lucky bounces, who knows.

If the coaching staff is below average, it’ll be more of the same.

Circumstantial. That schedule was trash, and we got lucky in multiple games leading up to that point. Our finish was more indicative of our team than the start.
Out finish was more indicative of the amateur level coaching staff at the time.

The schedule will always be trash. We will always have more talent than all but maybe 1 team each year. Competent coaching will regularly bring this team into the acc cg in the top 10.

Advertisement
Out finish was more indicative of the amateur level coaching staff at the time.

The schedule will always be trash. We will always have more talent than all but maybe 1 team each year. Competent coaching will regularly bring this team into the acc cg in the top 10.

This is my main point and it can't be stated enough. Guys on the forum think we need to be Miami of old in the ACC in order to make it.

This garbage conference has 3 teams in it who will ever make real noise. Clemson, FSU, Miami. Miami is in good position with those two on the other side of the division or maybe I could see where the whole "never relevant again" argument would come from.

Step 1. Reach the ACCG regularly.

Step 2. Compete and win the ACC outright a few times. (Which likely is a 10-12 win season type of year)

Step 3. Make the playoff.

Step 4. Watch how the floodgates open for a lot of recruits. Not all but many.

I'd argue that a coach coming into Miami has a easier job and path than most......part of the reasons I could never understand top notch coaches not wanting to come here in recent years. Hopefully Manny is the guy. I'm not praising or berating buddy for at least 3 years.

How does the offense look?

How does the defense look?

how does special teams look?

How does recruiting look?

How is our player development?

Strength Training?

What kind of decisions is our coach making during the game? (timeouts at the wrong time? wrong subs? stupid challenges? these are small things that make all the difference)

We got this green *** coaching staff. I'm a fan of 0 of the coaches that we have as they are all unproven and I have 0 to go off of right now to be a "fan" of anybody. I'm a FAN of Miami. If Manny and company win 11-12 games this year....coool!

If the win 7 games this year? Oh well. I'll give him time like every coach and judge after year three. anybody can fool you with a great first or second year like Mark Richt. Year three come and it's garbage...

Miami has work to do. You got guys on the roster right now who can have this team playing in the ACC championship game in December 2019. Make it happen......no excuses.

OP could should name this thread "Canes tears." frankly you have to keep up the faith. one or two recruits is not going to make a difference in the end. if manny gets this thing going recruiting and bags will not be problem.

This is my main point and it can't be stated enough. Guys on the forum think we need to be Miami of old in the ACC in order to make it.

This garbage conference has 3 teams in it who will ever make real noise. Clemson, FSU, Miami. Miami is in good position with those two on the other side of the division or maybe I could see where the whole "never relevant again" argument would come from.

Step 1. Reach the ACCG regularly.

Step 2. Compete and win the ACC outright a few times. (Which likely is a 10-12 win season type of year)

Step 3. Make the playoff.

Step 4. Watch how the floodgates open for a lot of recruits. Not all but many.

I'd argue that a coach coming into Miami has a easier job and path than most......part of the reasons I could never understand top notch coaches not wanting to come here in recent years. Hopefully Manny is the guy. I'm not praising or berating buddy for at least 3 years.

How does the offense look?

How does the defense look?

how does special teams look?

How does recruiting look?

How is our player development?

Strength Training?

What kind of decisions is our coach making during the game? (timeouts at the wrong time? wrong subs? stupid challenges? these are small things that make all the difference)

We got this green *** coaching staff. I'm a fan of 0 of the coaches that we have as they are all unproven and I have 0 to go off of right now to be a "fan" of anybody. I'm a FAN of Miami. If Manny and company win 11-12 games this year....coool!

If the win 7 games this year? Oh well. I'll give him time like every coach and judge after year three. anybody can fool you with a great first or second year like Mark Richt. Year three come and it's garbage...

Miami has work to do. You got guys on the roster right now who can have this team playing in the ACC championship game in December 2019. Make it happen......no excuses.

Yep.

We are set up to play for the ACC annually. If we do that we will hang onto some better players. When that happens we can take the next step.

Miami is all about coaching.

Advertisement
We might not be relevant consistently, but we will be relevant. It bears remembering that two years ago, under Richt for God's sake, were one flat performance against PITT from a real shot at the final four, even with the loss to Clemson. Add a halfway decent QB to that team, and we beat Pitt, lose by 10 to Clemson, and there we are.

That will happen again.

Advertisement
Back