Miami will never be relevant again

Advertisement

Advertisement
Truth hurts
U want some truth... Miami needs to win 9+ games consistently and be in the Acccg regularly before we start land the elite of elite talent in SoFla. Our recruiting is good enough to have us in the acccg for that last 10 yrs but we has consistently lost to teams with less talent than us. If we start winning those games consistently we'll be in the acccg consistently, recruiting will land in the top 8-12 consistently and at some point we'd be challenging for a national championship.

It could take 2 yrs or up to 10 yrs but we can't expect to realistically land the elite of the elite especially in SoFla until we can start making the acccg on a regular basis. My goodness we have 1 10 win season in the last 15-20 yrs right? We have to start somewhere. Landing recruiting classes in the range of 20 - 25th ranked is good enough to win the Coastal. For the most part we've done that or better and only won the Coastal once since we joined the ACC. If Manny is the coach I think he is he'll get us back on top. It's going to take time and patience from everyone.

Advertisement
We were ranked number 2 in the country in November 2017. We did that with a less talented roster than we will have this season. Let’s get back to 10-0 and then not lose to Pitt and see what happens.

Exactly. All we have to do is win our schedule consistently to be just as nationally relevant as the other brand names. Problem is we haven't done that over the last 15 year's. Get 10 or 11 wins and have a u on your helmet going into bowl season and you will absolutely get the respect. Just beat who your supposed to beat. I think we will see that out of Diaz teams.

Advertisement
Exactly. All we have to do is win our schedule consistently to be just as nationally relevant as the other brand names. Problem is we haven't done that over the last 15 year's. Get 10 or 11 wins and have a u on your helmet going into bowl season and you will absolutely get the respect. Just beat who your supposed to beat. I think we will see that out of Diaz teams.
Just ready for the season to start

Advertisement
People wonder why we've been making georgia, texas, louisiana, ny/jersey, and going out west more of a priority well here it is. We need to recruit kids who see the U as special and won't take us for granted. A good season in 2020 will help tremendously but this will always be a persistent problem with MDC kids until we win enough like Clemson where we can forcibly tell a kid to commit, not take other visits, or else we'll drop you and it'll hold weight. So for now, keep aggressively going after the OOS kids and local gems who are excited about being Canes, coach them up, and don't lose to the Duke's of the world and we'll be fine.

We were ranked number 2 in the country in November 2017. We did that with a less talented roster than we will have this season. Let’s get back to 10-0 and then not lose to Pitt and see what happens.
Circumstantial. That schedule was trash, and we got lucky in multiple games leading up to that point. Our finish was more indicative of our team than the start.

Advertisement
Back