Miami to go in-home with C.J. Henderson tonight

View as article
If Dean comes and DJ plays CB, we don't need this kid at CB. We actually need more WR and RB help.
Man stop. We need more than just Deejay and Dean.

Bandy?

Dean makes Henderson a luxury. Dean has the same speed and 100x more experience. People forget CJ has less than 50 snaps at CB.

LAFF

This the only fan base who would turn away top talent because they think we have enough at the DB spot.

Now be objective here. Question for all yall. What makes him a top talent as a db? To be a top talent at a position means you've shown you can be a monster at said spot. He's shown he can be a top talent on the offensive side of the ball. Wanna argue that I'll take him in the slot all day. No complaint. As a db all he is is potentially a top talent & that's a big if. To clarify I'm not saying he won't end up as ****. I'm just saying he's a huge question mark cause all were going off is intangibles

Advertisement
If Dean comes and DJ plays CB, we don't need this kid at CB. We actually need more WR and RB help.

Bandy?

Dean makes Henderson a luxury. Dean has the same speed and 100x more experience. People forget CJ has less than 50 snaps at CB.

LAFF

This the only fan base who would turn away top talent because they think we have enough at the DB spot.

Now be objective here. Question for all yall. What makes him a top talent as a db? To be a top talent at a position means you've shown you can be a monster at said spot. He's shown he can be a top talent on the offensive side of the ball. Wanna argue that I'll take him in the slot all day. No complaint. As a db all he is is potentially a top talent & that's a big if. To clarify I'm not saying he won't end up as ****. I'm just saying he's a huge question mark cause all were going off is intangibles

CJ is raw. i would even redshirt him if we had others. he got abused at UA practices from what i heard.

Bandy?

LAFF

Who the **** is saying to turn him away? I wanted him to try out at WR and RB if we got Dean to go with Bandy and DJ.

Bandy is coming too so that's 3. Add CJ means 4 CBs in one class.

I dont know if you want 4 CBs in here plus Young returning next year when you're trying to convince Jobe, Ivey, Blades, etc to come here to play CB.

With Dean, Bandy and DJ, that's 3 CBs to go with Malek Young. With Jackson and Redwine as emergency backups. That's enough to tide you over.

Better to have guys than the potential to have guys.
I agree that I want all those guys in the 2018 class, but I think its unrealistic to really think we get ALL those guys. Henderson right now is better than the possibility of us getting Surtain, Campbell, Samuel, etc.

Personally I disagree. In order for that to be the case then he would need to be a difference maker as a true freshman before the 18 class comes in. The kid has a long way to go before he's better than any of our cbs that play & that's saying a **** of alot. He may play at returner but I really doubt it cause he's not shifty. He's a straight line guy & as Dorsett showed at returner no matter the speed straight line is no bueno. I wouldn't even waste the schollie. Personally it comes down to believing he's a better prospect than all the kids were recruiting at corner for 18 & without question I don't feel that way.

I understand your point. I honestly don't know too much about Henderson except for that hes fast and athletic, and super raw. So yeah he is also just a "potential" guy right now. But, You are probably the first to say Rumph is a good teacher of the cb position. So If this kid wants to commit here, has all the athleticism to be good, and knowing we have depth issues, are you really willing to pass on him when we only have 3 guys on the roster (Young, Bandy, and Dean) that are worth anything? We aren't guaranteed to get one of those 3 I listed above. Plus, you don't think Henderson will contribute anyway, which should mean the other cbs we are recruiting aren't scared away by him.

I think if Henderson wants in we take him. Then we go after 4 CBs next cycle and cut bait with Mayes, Redwine, Jackson, and Henley (if we hadn't already). Unfortunately that would make us super young Which is why Henderson would get a RS this year, and maybe Ivey or Patterson next year.

I'm glad we're going after him. Pure speed and length go a long way at that position. Sam Shields was pretty bad as a senior but very quickly turned into a top cover corner. Henderson will keep getting better.

Advertisement
Wasting time with this chap. I would move on and leave it alone. Too little time to be wasting on him. He had his chance and chose to go to trailerville.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Bandy?

LAFF

Didn't you say you played for Butch? His whole deal...and the thing he did better than anyone, possibly of all time...was projecting a kid 3 years down the line. As DMoney and others have said, this kind of speed plus the tools (long arms, dangerous with the ball, etc.) make him a no brainer. I personally think he is a kid that at worst is a dangerous returner and someone you throw in the slot if he doesn't have the awareness to be a corner.

Or do you disagree with that?

This kid's not coming obviously but if we're going to dream, why wouldn't we try to put a few pounds of muscle on him and use him as a change of pace scatback and insurance in case McFarland never comes back 100 percent? Or use him at WR, another position of need?

Bandy?

LAFF

Who the **** is saying to turn him away? I wanted him to try out at WR and RB if we got Dean to go with Bandy and DJ.

You said you wouldn't want this kid if we got Dean and Deejay played CB. Maybe be more clear next time.

Advertisement

Bandy?

LAFF

Didn't you say you played for Butch? His whole deal...and the thing he did better than anyone, possibly of all time...was projecting a kid 3 years down the line. As DMoney and others have said, this kind of speed plus the tools (long arms, dangerous with the ball, etc.) make him a no brainer. I personally think he is a kid that at worst is a dangerous returner and someone you throw in the slot if he doesn't have the awareness to be a corner.

Saved me time of writing. Agree with all of this.

Bandy?

LAFF

Yes.I definitely disagree because as I've said in another thread all situations are unique from another. This isn't butch days. We aren't at deaths doorstep. We don't have three years to wait on this kid. We both know if Richt signs this kid who we all know is not gonna contribute basically for **** till his junior year yall will be calling for Richt's head & calling CJ everything short of God's child for being such a bum. Besides that 3 years won't help us any.the legit window for him is next year. Then pardon the pun cause in 18 them savages get here & they Are game ready as freshman in most instances. His ceiling doesn't come close to those. That's my problem. I'm saying all this but unfortunately I think yall will be happy & he ends up here. So we'll find out who's right. Personally I'd love to be wrong
Never will I wish bad for a cane.

Bandy?

LAFF

Yes.I definitely disagree because as I've said in another thread all situations are unique from another. This isn't butch days. We aren't at deaths doorstep. We don't have three years to wait on this kid. We both know if Richt signs this kid who we all know is not gonna contribute basically for **** till his junior year yall will be calling for Richt's head & calling CJ everything short of God's child for being such a bum. Besides that 3 years won't help us any.the legit window for him is next year. Then pardon the pun cause in 18 them savages get here & they Are game ready as freshman in most instances. His ceiling doesn't come close to those. That's my problem. I'm saying all this but unfortunately I think yall will be happy & he ends up here. So we'll find out who's right. Personally I'd love to be wrong

Well like I said in the post above, If Rumph is the coach we think he is and hired him to be, he might be able to develop him sooner rather than later.

LAFF

Well like I said in the post above, If Rumph is the coach we think he is and hired him to be, he might be able to develop him sooner rather than later.

If so from here on out I DEMAND EVERYONE IN THIS RUMPH DEBATE LABELS HIM JEEZUS OF NAZARETH cause he will successfully have turned water into wine.

Advertisement
I'm glad we're going after him. Pure speed and length go a long way at that position. Sam Shields was pretty bad as a senior but very quickly turned into a top cover corner. Henderson will keep getting better.

Agree. He has the physical abilities to be an elite CB. You take a chance on that all day, every day.

Glad the staff has continued to go hard after him.

Bandy?

LAFF

If that's the case, then bring him in as a receiver. It's not like we're loaded with 5* recruits.

My concern is spending too much time on him. I don't mind visiting him right after the dead period ends, but to date he hasn't shown much interest. And we're fighting an uphill battle with his father pushing him to FL. We have a lot of other holes to fill. Over the next three weeks, they need to focus on those whose minds they can change minds.

I agree. I like that we don't give up on these kids. That being said, from what Pete says, he isn't coming. And Radio getting the DC position should solidify him going to Florida.

Advertisement
Also something to note is if we think the 2018 class is so elite, then its likely some of these guys end up leaving early. Plus, there is always attrition, its just going to happen. So we could bring in Henderson and redshirt him. Then by the time he is truly developed he could be inline for a lot of PT.

We don't need speedy cornerbacks. We have 3 guys in the 4.3-4.4 range and they all garbage. We need guys with some skill

And even with the small sample size, I think Banda and Rumph have proven they can develop kids at the position.

We don't need speedy cornerbacks. We have 3 guys in the 4.3-4.4 range and they all garbage. We need guys with some skill

Bandy, Dean, Carter, and possibly Edwards. Skill guys coming. We also need speed. Can't coach that. He'll have some time to develop

Advertisement
Back