Miami to go in-home with C.J. Henderson tonight

View as article
Bandy?

Dean makes Henderson a luxury. Dean has the same speed and 100x more experience. People forget CJ has less than 50 snaps at CB.

LAFF

This the only fan base who would turn away top talent because they think we have enough at the DB spot.

Now be objective here. Question for all yall. What makes him a top talent as a db? To be a top talent at a position means you've shown you can be a monster at said spot. He's shown he can be a top talent on the offensive side of the ball. Wanna argue that I'll take him in the slot all day. No complaint. As a db all he is is potentially a top talent & that's a big if. To clarify I'm not saying he won't end up as ****. I'm just saying he's a huge question mark cause all were going off is intangibles

Didn't you say you played for Butch? His whole deal...and the thing he did better than anyone, possibly of all time...was projecting a kid 3 years down the line. As DMoney and others have said, this kind of speed plus the tools (long arms, dangerous with the ball, etc.) make him a no brainer. I personally think he is a kid that at worst is a dangerous returner and someone you throw in the slot if he doesn't have the awareness to be a corner.

Or do you disagree with that?

Yes.I definitely disagree because as I've said in another thread all situations are unique from another. This isn't butch days. We aren't at deaths doorstep. We don't have three years to wait on this kid. We both know if Richt signs this kid who we all know is not gonna contribute basically for **** till his junior year yall will be calling for Richt's head & calling CJ everything short of God's child for being such a bum. Besides that 3 years won't help us any.the legit window for him is next year. Then pardon the pun cause in 18 them savages get here & they Are game ready as freshman in most instances. His ceiling doesn't come close to those. That's my problem. I'm saying all this but unfortunately I think yall will be happy & he ends up here. So we'll find out who's right. Personally I'd love to be wrong
Never will I wish bad for a cane.

solid post, everyone plays the result, learns them

Advertisement
We don't need speedy cornerbacks. We have 3 guys in the 4.3-4.4 range and they all garbage. We need guys with some skill
Malek young garbage? Come on now... Michael Jackson is still developing and wary returns look good imo. He made some plays this year

I keep hearing he's a great athlete. How do his shuttle times and vertical compare to other elite athletes? I know he's fast in a straight line, but that's not all it takes to be a top CB.

He's been pretty feminine during his recruitment. Does he play tough?

Henderson is ELITE testing wise.

4.35 40 yard
3.92 20 yard shuttle
36.7 vert
37 power throw

The question with him is toughness and physicality.

Advertisement
Henderson is ELITE testing wise.

4.35 40 yard
3.92 20 yard shuttle
36.7 vert
37 power throw

The question with him is toughness and physicality.

I see why top tiers program want him though, you can pack muscles with S&C, but you can't teach that speed and athleticism

Bama recruiting him hard but y'all think he isn't physical? Come on now.. cut the sh*t bra. Since when did they not recruit a physical db

Last edited:
Henderson is absolutely someone we should desperately want on this team.

Speed and athleticism are the two main things we lacked during the Golden era.

As Pete said we need to start stacking chips.

Advertisement

Henderson has been the top target at CB all season for a reason...Glad we are going out swinging.

Staff gonna show up to CJ's house & Shannon gon answer the door wit that big *** smile on his face, like "Oh hey we didn't know u guys were in town, come on in.."
Lanntard goes way harder for his gators than he ever did for the Canes.

**** ****es me off.

He wouldn't even have offered Donaldson back in the day because of his weird grudge with Central.

It's phuckin' sickening how lazy and ineffective he was recruiting for UM when he was supposed to be the savior locking down all these schools for UM. Instead, he irreparably damaged these pipeline schools.

Staff gonna show up to CJ's house & Shannon gon answer the door wit that big *** smile on his face, like "Oh hey we didn't know u guys were in town, come on in.."
Lanntard goes way harder for his gators than he ever did for the Canes.

**** ****es me off.

He wouldn't even have offered Donaldson back in the day because of his weird grudge with Central.

It's phuckin' sickening how lazy and ineffective he was recruiting for UM when he was supposed to be the savior locking down all these schools for UM. Instead, he irreparably damaged these pipeline schools.

He was busy

224910.jpg

Advertisement

Henderson has been the top target at CB all season for a reason...Glad we are going out swinging.

This. Long shot or no you have to keep recruiting until the kid signs. If nothing else, it sends a message to other local recruits that we won't just "give up" on a talented player. Even if he doesn't come (probably not) it helps in the "relation-building" department, IMO.

Stopping the recruitment process of kids already committed elsewhere or kids that might be your Option B or C is what bad staffs do. You always keep players feeling like they are wanted...you never know when you've got a kid that'll flip or a kid you'll need as an Option B or C...

Just look at the example of Skai Moore or pick any other former Plan B or C option in Miami-Dade that could have been 'Canes as backup plans if not for a lazy staff that cut bait long before they had any right or need to.

Need to go after them till the ink is dry on the paper. By going after Jeudy, Richt forced Saban to get on a plane to do his own emergency in home. Out-of-town coaches just can't do that for every South Florida kid. So you press hard on kids like Jeudy, Henderson, Edwards, Slaton, and even if you don't get them, that stops Saban, Jimbo, Horse Teeth from establishing any momentum. Then go after their picks like Dean and Smith hard, too, so you take the battle to them. Never concede. I still think we should have taken Telfort and Gamble as flyers just for that reason alone.

Advertisement
Broke, I'm not a fire Rumph guy (yet), but if you don't see the issues with him not even being able to get a sniff from talented guys he was just coaching several months ago, then you're cutting him slack that he doesn't deserve.

Don't know if there's a particular reason that you like him or want to protect him, but his failure at the guys from his own school has put everyone on alert about his recruiting abilities.

A big part of the job is successfully recruiting, something which so far he's fallen well short of. Time will tell, but we can't have year after year of whiffing on talented defensive backs. Personally if it was up to me, I'd give him one more season to show he can bring in talent, top-notch talent.

Coach Rumph "deserves slack" and RESPECT bc he coached up a group that everyone thought was going to be a weakness, into a strength on this team. Oh and also the fact that hes a Cane. Who are you btw?? Lol a nobody just some entitled fxggot that thinks you have some sort of valid opinion on this subject. Lol i bet most of you fake *** clowns were on Rumphs nuts when he played too. Coaching is definitely more important, especially for a program thats just starting out, but why don't we know that already?

I'm sorry the real world doesn't work based on your linear one dimensional entitled slave master thought process. Not every player wants to go to college with the same hc they played for in high school. Also there are players that have other reasonings that play more of a factor beyond what college their high school hc now works for.

If you think Coach Rumph was hired by Richt only to help with one high school lol proves how clueless you really are. Coach Rumpus reputation as a great high school hc and overall reputation in the sfl community are bigger reasons.

His recruiting prowess can't be judged until the program settles in. Most of our coaches aren't getting everyone they wanted bc they're just getting here dumbass. Other schools like Clemson have been cemented for 8+ years and have been winning. So lol at you coming off like you just checked somebody your post just proves youre just another panicky soft shouldered bxtch *** clown on this site.

You think you're entitled to demand Rumph fix all the cb depth issues in one year when it took 4 years to cause that problem?? Miami's recruiting class is currently ranked 13th by ESPN so why do you bxtch like its the end of the world? More than likely we will finish ranked inside the top 10 so save the bs. We're not going to get everybody we want deal with it or kill yoself.

I keep hearing he's a great athlete. How do his shuttle times and vertical compare to other elite athletes? I know he's fast in a straight line, but that's not all it takes to be a top CB.

He's been pretty feminine during his recruitment. Does he play tough?

My point exactly, I think he's too soft to play cb at Miami

Coaches tell our guys to play through the whistle, so I'm glad they're doing the same. That said, he feels all Florida.

Advertisement
Back