Miami still recruiting Lane hard

Dunkleys tape was that of a 3 star, never understood the hype.

Advertisement
So it seems from everyone answers

1) Stacy Coley
2) Amari Cooper
3) Rashad Greene
4)Ermon Lane
5) Malcolm Lewis
6) Angelo Jean-Louis

2010 class is a failure.

First 4 yes, the other two are much lower and AJL might not even belong on the list.....
Ermon is not in everyone's top 4. Although he is highly rated by stars, he is not a great rout runner or a "go hard" every play kid. He has a lot to prove. He is rated more for what is expected after he gets "coached up" because of his G-d given talent, than his football skill set. Coley was perfect, but had the rep of a "me" kid that was disinterested if the play wasn't about him. Pre-injury Sony like in his reputation as an absolute freak. Green, Cooper and Lewis were all perfect. Great speed, hands, routs, personalities, strength and they all just "got it" every dam day. However, Lewis's reputation only grows when seen first hand. He never had the "hype" as an absolute given as the other three. Coley, Cooper and Green were all Sunday kids, baring injury, before they ever stepped foot on a college campus. Green was honestly, the most mentally mature along with Lewis as a close second. What I remember. AJL "huge" talent but outside of football, ten cent head.

Last edited:
Yeah Westover is still very good. I remember Hancock from from Griffin dude was a beast! !! I graduated from Dougherty and we would have records like 26-2 and once we were 30-0 but the Patriots would win state.Wingfield won 4 state championships

Been saying that Rudolph is better than Lane since March

Maybe some of you will finally freaking get it

Advertisement
Been saying that Rudolph is better than Lane since March

Maybe some of you will finally freaking get it

I don't agree, but the gap isn't what I imagined it would be. I'm also a big Rudolph fan, so maybe it's bias.

Yeah Westover is still very good. I remember Han**** from from Griffin dude was a beast! !! I graduated from Dougherty and we would have records like 26-2 and once we were 30-0 but the Patriots would win state.Wingfield won 4 state championships

Aww ****. So you went to school with Chris Cameron? Dude had a ton of family from the area where I went to school (LaGrange, Ga). Yeah Hancock was a beast. I remember the cheerleaders would chant, "who rock? who rock?" and the crowd would scream "hancock, hancock!" LMAO!!!!

After seeing Lane at the opening and the other day he looks good for HS but speed DBs will be blankets on him at the College level. His route running is horrible.

Advertisement
After seeing Lane at the opening and the other day he looks good for HS but speed DBs will be blankets on him at the College level. His route running is horrible.

speaking of route-running=== Some of those routes Sam Bruce was running- WOW. LOVE THAT DUDE.

If we are talking skills in HS then Ivan Mac should be in the top 5 on that list. Def ahead of Greene. If you talking long term potential Coley/Cooper/Lane/Greene/Rupolph should be in everyones top 5.

And lets all be honest, Lane is a beast. He had a bad game. Remember when AJ Green got owned by Brandon Harris back in 08' when they played? I think things turned out okay for AJ after that game. If ur expecting this kid to do video game numbers every game its not gonna happen. There will be plenty games this year where we will all be kicking ourselves that he is going to UF atm. His team was outmatched and he folded early. Not a great trait to have but ****. Most stars in HS do it.

If we are talking skills in HS then Ivan Mac should be in the top 5 on that list. Def ahead of Greene. If you talking long term potential Coley/Cooper/Lane/Greene/Rupolph should be in everyones top 5.

And lets all be honest, Lane is a beast. He had a bad game. Remember when AJ Green got owned by Brandon Harris back in 08' when they played? I think things turned out okay for AJ after that game. If ur expecting this kid to do video game numbers every game its not gonna happen. There will be plenty games this year where we will all be kicking ourselves that he is going to UF atm. His team was outmatched and he folded early. Not a great trait to have but ****. Most stars in HS do it.

Attitude, body language and effort need to improve dramatically if he expects to reach the potential of his talents.

Advertisement
With Jontavius Carter gone our depth chart is more appealing

Ignorant statement. Ermon would jump Jontavius on the depth chart immediately just like Stacy.

The ignorant statement is you just assuming that. There's no way we'll ever no, but you have no idea the types of improvements that could be made in a year. He was only going to be a RSF this year.

Carter was a project so its not that big of a reach to say Lane would jump him. Would like to see Lane a couple more times b4 i make an opinion though.

Carter was a project so its not that big of a reach to say Lane would jump him. Would like to see Lane a couple more times b4 i make an opinion though.

Lol yall are hilarious.... Carter was a 3 star prospect just like Herb Waters just like Rashawn Scott Just like Allen Hurns just like Phillip Dorsett. So how was he a project like i see so many ppl post here?

Wait b/c he's not from Florida but you do know he had an offer from UGA right?

Ermon Lane wouldnt be able to wear his jock strap if he came in next year and Carter was still on the team.

Ermon Lane is about as elite as Darrell Scott was.

Advertisement

Lol yall are hilarious.... Carter was a 3 star prospect just like Herb Waters just like Rashawn Scott Just like Allen Hurns just like Phillip Dorsett. So how was he a project like i see so many ppl post here?

Ermon Lane wouldnt be able to wear his jock strap if he came in next year and Carter was still on the team.

You know how many 3* recruits there are? Impossible to seperate all of them.

For one he hasnt been able to get on the field like the others you mentioned which means he hasnt developed. Which makes him a project. Why is it such a stretch to say Lane is better?

For one he hasnt been able to get on the field like the others you mentioned which means he hasnt developed. Which makes him a project. Why is it such a stretch to say Lane is better?

Not having seen the field after one season doesn't make him a project.

How far we done fell.

cooper blew up his SR year, just off JR year alone he wouldnt make it in anyones top 5 but hind sight is always 20/20

Not having seen the field after one season doesn't make him a project.

How far we done fell.

Ok since were arguing over words i wont say project anymore does back up suffice? 6th stringer? Bench warmer?

Again its not a stretch to say Lane is better

Advertisement
Back