Miami set to add David Cooney to support staff

View as article
Advertisement
Lol at genron and the hova hire all he did was help with some ridge kids that we essentially didn't really want SMH at him

its hard to expect him to get guys this cycle he will be on campus what 3 weeks prior to signing day. expecting anything this year is ridiculous. the expectations for this team are outrageous at times.

I want a top 10 class also but this team has been down so long kids no longer grow up wanting to be canes. it takes work for coaches to start to build those relationships. this staff is head and shoulders better then the last one give them time 1 yr isn't enough time for any coach to rebuild a team or culture. we saw that in the way this team went in tank again after fsu loss just like always do

richt will change that and teach kids to not get so worked up about one loss that it steamrolls but to do that he has to get his players in and get rid of a bunch of goldens who seem to go in tank once lose to fsu

Advertisement
when is the first domino to fall?

No doubt getting a 7v7/AAU type guy is important. Hopefully we'll reap the rewards.

We thought hiring local guys was. Williams when Randal Shannon was running the show. All that move did was create animosity, resentment, etc. from the locals in the 305.

What makes this move any different?

L

its hard to expect him to get guys this cycle he will be on campus what 3 weeks prior to signing day. expecting anything this year is ridiculous. the expectations for this team are outrageous at times.

I want a top 10 class also but this team has been down so long kids no longer grow up wanting to be canes. it takes work for coaches to start to build those relationships. this staff is head and shoulders better then the last one give them time 1 yr isn't enough time for any coach to rebuild a team or culture. we saw that in the way this team went in tank again after fsu loss just like always do

richt will change that and teach kids to not get so worked up about one loss that it steamrolls but to do that he has to get his players in and get rid of a bunch of goldens who seem to go in tank once lose to fsu

Sounds like trusting the process.

No thanks.

Sad we need to bring in guys to get players from gulliver and booker t.... wow

every school in country does it. they go get guys from certain areas to help them get in with local coaches. every school does it. ridiculous the u would act like this is a statement about Miami's staff every school does it

I haven't been on this site very long, but who is this Troll/Hater/A##hole NjCane? Everything he says is negative. You would think we went 2-10 this year and have the worst coaching staff in football. The sky is truly falling! Wow!

Al Golden s user name - NJCANE
Matty Porter - FRANCH

Advertisement

No thanks.

different staff with history of winnign 10 games annualy. richt had like 3 season with under 10 wins in 15 yrs. that's at an sec school, not some mac school. different kind of coach. before jj was hired and Erickson they never had the success richt had. I think at most won 8 games at the previous school so richt is the most successful coach Miami has ever hired.

u have to give a new staff 3 yrs at least to see what they are doing. strong is gone because after 3 yrs his team at texas was still horrible. if after 3 yrs richt is getting top 15 classes and winnign less then 10 games then call for his head and rip staff but doing it now is ridiculous. compared to golden this staff is way better at coaching.

IMG_0332.jpg i hope the gator troll on this board gets trained

No thanks.

different staff with history of winnign 10 games annualy. richt had like 3 season with under 10 wins in 15 yrs. that's at an sec school, not some mac school. different kind of coach. before jj was hired and Erickson they never had the success richt had. I think at most won 8 games at the previous school so richt is the most successful coach Miami has ever hired.

u have to give a new staff 3 yrs at least to see what they are doing. strong is gone because after 3 yrs his team at texas was still horrible. if after 3 yrs richt is getting top 15 classes and winnign less then 10 games then call for his head and rip staff but doing it now is ridiculous. compared to golden this staff is way better at coaching.

No I don't.

I give every staff two years to show me what they are made of.

Two. That's more than enough time to get **** turned around - if Richt is as good as some think he is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
First it was Genron had an issue with Golden/D'nofrio. Now, they're gone, we bring in a coach that has had success coaching at a major university over a 15 year period, and this dude still obviously has an issue. It's isht like that that irks the **** out of me.

GENRON is not impressed, what's new!

Tweets out... [MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION]rAriz UM football recruiting getting bodied by a basketball dude smh

Is this tweet a shot at UM getting outrecruited in general or is it a shot at Cooney?

I think he is just saying we are making a desperation type move hiring Cooney because we are currently losing the recruiting battles against UF. A shot at miami, not at cooney.

Rumor is UF will make monster staff changes to upgrade recruiting

GENRON is not impressed, what's new!

Tweets out... [MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION]rAriz UM football recruiting getting bodied by a basketball dude smh

Is this tweet a shot at UM getting outrecruited in general or is it a shot at Cooney?

I think he is just saying we are making a desperation type move hiring Cooney because we are currently losing the recruiting battles against UF. A shot at miami, not at cooney.

Rumor is UF will make monster staff changes to upgrade recruiting

Are you a UF poster?

Advertisement
Back