Miami opens as 3.5 point favorite vs. App. St

The only way you think KB Stadium is so loud is if you haven't been to any P5 venues in your life really. It's an incredibly open stadium that does not hold sound in very well. Duke crowds get as loud as KB.

Depends on the game honestly. Crowds as of late haven't been as excitable due to having new opponents with little to no history coming to Boone. During the National Championship years, it didn't matter who App was playing as evidenced by the crowd record being set against Elon University. Big XII officials were at the 2007 Semifinal game against Richmond and said that game was as loud as any that they had officiated that year with only 24,000 in attendance. Was probably so raucous due to Armanti Edwards scoring 7 TD's with 313 yards rushing and 14 of 16 passing.

Regardless, I will remove my opinion of App being loud. It will be the most quiet stadium you've ever seen because Miami will be winning 56-0 at the end of the first quarter.

LOL @ "National Championship Years". As if a D2 championship really means anything.

I guess beating the #5 team in the country and dominating Joe Flacco mean nothing. Regardless, I wasn't trying to pump up the 3 consecutive Division 1-AA National Championships, only was using that to give context to why crowd involvement would be more intense during that time period.

Not really. Beating Delaware isn't something to really be crowing about. It'd be like Montana crowing about beating Montana State for the 1000th time in a row. It's a subpar league with subpar competition.

Not crowing about anything but being at the top of your division, which is the group you have similar budgets, pool of recruits, and other factors in, for three consecutive years isn't done that often. App's success at that level obviously laid a foundation that has allowed for success in FBS, and two years removed from moving divisions, a name brand school is coming to Boone. All signs are pointing up for App, not the other way around. Those years have been left behind by many, including myself and most people are just excited about what the future holds for the program.

With Wake Forest coming to Boone (not a huge deal but Wake does have an improved defense it seems) next year, and old rivalries being rekindled, along with the relative success in a short amount of time, you'd be wrong to think that App fan's wouldn't be excited. Winning foundations help teams rebound and move forward more quickly than schools with no tradition. Miami fan's should know this.

That said, you are still a year off from being mentioned as a possible CFB Playoff contender and need some real focus on getting a quality QB (ala Florida State) and beefing up the trenches.

Advertisement
We get what you're saying, it's going to be loud for 30,000 fans, but, most people aren't impressed when this team played in front of 82,000 at FSU last year, 61,000 at UNC last year (which really wasn't that loud, because UNC fans suck), 55,000 at Louisville in 2014, 91,000 at Nebraska in 2014, 64,000 at VT in 2014, etc, etc. And, it's not going to be all App State fans. Miami got 2,500 tickets and sold them all, and most Miami fans I know (and a lot on here and other sites) didn't get them from the school. There are going to be a lot of Miami fans in Boone too. People don't realize this because our home attendance isn't great, but because of our national fan base and national alumni base, we travel really well.

I agree that all of those places are loud. I'm also not suggesting that Boone will be any louder than those places, only that your schedule for away games sets up favorably this season and compared to App, certain places won't be as tough to play. Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Virginia and NC State are all likely wins for Miami as all of those teams are either in downward trends or are just not good (i.e. NC State Pig Farming U). Virginia lost to Richmond, NC State lost to ECU, Virginia Tech was run out of Bristol, and Georgia Tech is coming off of a really down year.

VT was not run out of Bristol. They put the ball on the ground 4 times and lost all 4. That's the difference in the game. As I said on another thread, look up the stats. VT actually dominated most categories. Tennesse still stinks.

Did Virginia Tech simply hand the ball off to UT? I'm assuming it's much like the scene in water boy, "62, 62, 62 there you are (tosses him the ball) proceeds to follow them down the field just to drop kick them". Come on man, good teams don't fumble four times. VT fumbled due to UT forcing turnovers, who in turn took advantage of a short fields to put points on the board. Thus, Virginia Tech had the ball longer and had more opportunities to put up offensive numbers.

We get what you're saying, it's going to be loud for 30,000 fans, but, most people aren't impressed when this team played in front of 82,000 at FSU last year, 61,000 at UNC last year (which really wasn't that loud, because UNC fans suck), 55,000 at Louisville in 2014, 91,000 at Nebraska in 2014, 64,000 at VT in 2014, etc, etc. And, it's not going to be all App State fans. Miami got 2,500 tickets and sold them all, and most Miami fans I know (and a lot on here and other sites) didn't get them from the school. There are going to be a lot of Miami fans in Boone too. People don't realize this because our home attendance isn't great, but because of our national fan base and national alumni base, we travel really well.

I agree that all of those places are loud. I'm also not suggesting that Boone will be any louder than those places, only that your schedule for away games sets up favorably this season and compared to App, certain places won't be as tough to play. Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Virginia and NC State are all likely wins for Miami as all of those teams are either in downward trends or are just not good (i.e. NC State Pig Farming U). Virginia lost to Richmond, NC State lost to ECU, Virginia Tech was run out of Bristol, and Georgia Tech is coming off of a really down year.

VT was not run out of Bristol. They put the ball on the ground 4 times and lost all 4. That's the difference in the game. As I said on another thread, look up the stats. VT actually dominated most categories. Tennesse still stinks.

Did Virginia Tech simply hand the ball off to UT? I'm assuming it's much like the scene in water boy, "62, 62, 62 there you are (tosses him the ball) proceeds to follow them down the field just to drop kick them". Come on man, good teams don't fumble four times. VT fumbled due to UT forcing turnovers, who in turn took advantage of a short fields to put points on the board. Thus, Virginia Tech had the ball longer and had more opportunities to put up offensive numbers.

well they did drop a punt and lose a fumble on a handoff so theres that so in a sense yea they just handed the ball to UT

Depends on the game honestly. Crowds as of late haven't been as excitable due to having new opponents with little to no history coming to Boone. During the National Championship years, it didn't matter who App was playing as evidenced by the crowd record being set against Elon University. Big XII officials were at the 2007 Semifinal game against Richmond and said that game was as loud as any that they had officiated that year with only 24,000 in attendance. Was probably so raucous due to Armanti Edwards scoring 7 TD's with 313 yards rushing and 14 of 16 passing.

Regardless, I will remove my opinion of App being loud. It will be the most quiet stadium you've ever seen because Miami will be winning 56-0 at the end of the first quarter.

LOL @ "National Championship Years". As if a D2 championship really means anything.

I guess beating the #5 team in the country and dominating Joe Flacco mean nothing. Regardless, I wasn't trying to pump up the 3 consecutive Division 1-AA National Championships, only was using that to give context to why crowd involvement would be more intense during that time period.

Not really. Beating Delaware isn't something to really be crowing about. It'd be like Montana crowing about beating Montana State for the 1000th time in a row. It's a subpar league with subpar competition.

Not crowing about anything but being at the top of your division, which is the group you have similar budgets, pool of recruits, and other factors in, for three consecutive years isn't done that often. App's success at that level obviously laid a foundation that has allowed for success in FBS, and two years removed from moving divisions, a name brand school is coming to Boone. All signs are pointing up for App, not the other way around. Those years have been left behind by many, including myself and most people are just excited about what the future holds for the program.

With Wake Forest coming to Boone (not a huge deal but Wake does have an improved defense it seems) next year, and old rivalries being rekindled, along with the relative success in a short amount of time, you'd be wrong to think that App fan's wouldn't be excited. Winning foundations help teams rebound and move forward more quickly than schools with no tradition. Miami fan's should know this.

That said, you are still a year off from being mentioned as a possible CFB Playoff contender and need some real focus on getting a quality QB (ala Florida State) and beefing up the trenches.

What's successful about beating Idaho at the vaunted Kibbie Dome and beating Ohio in a bowel game?

Advertisement

What does it matter in terms of future games? Most of Miami's players played @FSU last year. Doak is not the old Orange Bowl, but it's loud, especially when Miami or Florida or Clemson is there. Miami won't be bothered by the crowd. Even if Boone is the 3rd loudest place Miami plays all year behind VT and ND (I'd contend Carter-Finley is louder too), what's your point?

Did Jethro really come on a Miami Hurricanes board and brag about beating Elon. Tell me this isn't real life.

It's impressive beating up Christians

Fightiinchristian.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
However, I just checked the spread.com and the spread there opened at 4 1/2 and 80% of the public is betting miami and Vegas has lowered the spread to 3 1/2.

Maybe people are betting on the ML. Maybe 80% of the bets are one way but that isn't the same as 80% of the money. I don't know.

I thought it was 5 fumbles?

Advertisement
However, I just checked the spread.com and the spread there opened at 4 1/2 and 80% of the public is betting miami and Vegas has lowered the spread to 3 1/2.

Maybe people are betting on the ML. Maybe 80% of the bets are one way but that isn't the same as 80% of the money. I don't know.

%'s mean nothing. Money wagered is whats important. Information we can't get our hands on. Lets say the reverse line movement is true based on the %'s though. It does not bode well for us. Then again APP St. has all the public perception of being a giant killer. Tough game to handicap betting wise. I won't have any money on it myself. Being a fan is enough vested interest for me.

Old Dominions RB ran for 15 carries 119 yards

What do you think walton is gonna do?

Im now were gonna win this game

Advertisement
Back