Miami opens as 3.5 point favorite vs. App. St

I think App St is a mighty fine program. They are like the Gonzaga of CFB; with that being said, we need to hang 50 on them!

Thats the worst comparison I have ever heard.

Actually it's a perfect comparison.

Actually it isn't. Gonzaga has had multiple first round draft picks. They have also beaten teams from the Power 5 conference regularly since becoming a power. Gonzaga also doesn't lack for size to compete with the Duke's and UNC's of the world. Actually in their Elite 8 game against Duke, Gonzaga was actually the bigger team.

App State is more like George Mason. They had one great run, and now people think they are a giant killer. They routinely win their conference or division, but struggle to be compete with the big boys.

lol...was Gonzaga always putting first round picks is in the NBA? No, the only 1st round pick came from John Stockton back in 1984. It wasn't until they became a threat and continued to become a threat that they became noticed. You're thinking Gonzaga now, not Gonzaga the Cinderella.

Advertisement
I think App St is a mighty fine program. They are like the Gonzaga of CFB; with that being said, we need to hang 50 on them!

Actually it's a perfect comparison.

Actually it isn't. Gonzaga has had multiple first round draft picks. They have also beaten teams from the Power 5 conference regularly since becoming a power. Gonzaga also doesn't lack for size to compete with the Duke's and UNC's of the world. Actually in their Elite 8 game against Duke, Gonzaga was actually the bigger team.

App State is more like George Mason. They had one great run, and now people think they are a giant killer. They routinely win their conference or division, but struggle to be compete with the big boys.

The Mason comparison is probably the best one. They had the great run, but they've got a new coach, new players, etc., and in the grand scheme of college sports, that was a lifetime ago. Same with Applechin State. They pulled off a shocker, but have new players, a new coaching staff, etc., and really haven't done much since then.

usually we're on the same page, so I need to know why this is the "worst" comparison you've ever heard?

Gonzaga is a perennially tournament team. A top 25 program every single year. App St hasn't beat a power 5 program in 9 years man. Apples to Oranges as far as im concerned. Glad were on the same page mostly though.

Dude posts tweet about miami fans. Send this to him and then they protect the account.

[TWEET]776270158792953860[/TWEET]

lol

Advertisement
From Phil Steele:

BEST PLAY: *
This is the 1st meeting between these schools. This is just the 3rd time in App St’s history that they are hosting a non-conf FBS team & the locals are highly anticipating this matchup as seating has been added in the stadium for this game. The ‘Canes enter ranked #25 after beating two in-state rivals by a comb’d 108-13 as HC Richt is re-building his alma mater & has them full of confidence. The Mountaineers gave a respectable effort in their opener at Tenn & followed that up with an easy win over an overmatched ODU squad. Miami has HUGE edges in all 3 phases and is all’g just 35 (0.9) rush ypg, which bodes well against the option based OFF that App St runs. The Cane’s are traveling for the 1st time, but have a bye on deck & will be focused. Richt has been quoted as saying he likes to put teams away early and score often so its not close late. Miami will win by over a td, making them a ‘Best Bet’ selection this week.

is it just me or are the app folks delusional? Sure, we may not run away with the game tomorrow, but they aren't even a little worried about a team that's put up 108 points in 2 games? Never mind the opponents, that's still 54 points per game. In your first 2 games when lots of guys are new starters and/or have played very few if any downs. Just saying, seems like that should worry you at least a little. In fact, if we were playing an acc team, they would sure as **** be thinking about it. Not the app folks, they've got everything under control.

Advertisement
As far as Vegas being spot on.....

Michigan was around a 36-38 point favorite against UCF. Michigan won by 37.

Alabama was a 28.5 favorite over Western KY. Bama won by 28.

Notre Dame was a 29.5 favorite over Nevada. Notre Dame won by 30.

Of course they aren't always right and I am pointing out their best lines from last week but they are usually more right than wrong.

If I recall, UT, a supposed top ten team to open the season, was only an eleven point favorite over App State. That was at Tenneesee. With us on the road against them, 3.5 doesn't surprise me one bit. As some said, I will just be happy to come out with a W.

Georgia - 55 v. Nichols

OKST - 18 v. Central Michigan

TCU -10.5 v. Arkansas

UL -17 v. Syracuse

Wisc -21.5 v. Akron

Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong. Their goal is get 50% of the bets on one side and 50% on the other. Sometimes they hit the spread dead-on and sometimes they don't.

This dude picks out 4 games to prove his goofy *** theory that Vegas is somehow prescient and can pick final margins of victory. I'm glad someone took the time to shove that dumb **** back in his cornhole where it belongs.

These dingbats think Vegas is about picking the score. They're about getting action on both sides, and they know everyone is all jizzed up on App Store because they beat Michigan a hundred years ago and fought like Rudy against the incredible Tennessee of the unbeatable SEC.

This is free money for anyone not brainwashed by the media. It's the cool thing to pick App Store to beat us. That's why the line is what it is. Vegas knows people are retarded.

Free money right here.

Advertisement
Back