Miami Opening WRs vs DBs

Advertisement
Who do you want Coach?

Austin
Moore

Whoever

Definitely not Schwartz though.

The problem with taking Moore over Schwartz is that Moore doesn't play special teams. While Schwartz could be elite in that area for Miami.

Or could be another Dorsett back there. He didn't flash anything special as heritage's return man

Moore is far away a better player than Schwartz. This not a 53 man roster where you trying to find special teams aces. Anybody can play special teams in college. **** our starting rb was on the kickoff team.

Moore played special teams his Sophomore year and was a threat every time they kicked him the ball.

That shouldn't be an issue anyway. You're gonan bypass a clearly better WR just because he doesn't play specials? Pretty sure Thomas will be returning kicks for us anyway.

Advertisement
This is a good problem to have isnt it? LOL.

Looks like Austin jumped in everyones "Top 5 dead or alive" list after seeing those camp reps. That kid stood out not only rep wise but he also passes the eyeball test. IMO he is in that group with Pope and Hightower as "must gets".

I liked Watt but will he have trouble getting seperation on the next level? Sure he can be Anquan Boldin... or he could be David Ausberry. Boom or bust.

You find a way to get a kid like Schwartz in. Isnt that the reason we were all wanting CJ Hendo so bad? Because of his elite speed? We all knew he didnt know **** about being a DB but we knew we couldnt teach his speed. Why is it different for Schwartz? Dude literally got open with ease on every rep.

im willing to bet Watt runs a better 40 than Austin currently. Yet there is no talk about seperation (No diss to Austin). The kid that played him close ..Maxwell Worship is a kid loading up on good offers right now. Watt likely is at a big time power 5 school...right now could be UF. I'll take Austin and Watt over Wiggins who we have locked in. Hightower is talked of highly but hes another one that scratches his 40 time.

This wr class we have the pick of the litter though...all of them are good prospects...it will drop down to reality our true targets after spring evals though. I didnt like our early evals last year at wr...lets see the improvement when they have all these big fish down here that want in.

Austin
Moore

Whoever

Definitely not Schwartz though.

The problem with taking Moore over Schwartz is that Moore doesn't play special teams. While Schwartz could be elite in that area for Miami.

Or could be another Dorsett back there. He didn't flash anything special as heritage's return man

Moore is far away a better player than Schwartz. This not a 53 man roster where you trying to find special teams aces. Anybody can play special teams in college. **** our starting rb was on the kickoff team.

Moore played special teams his Sophomore year and was a threat every time they kicked him the ball.

That shouldn't be an issue anyway. You're gonan bypass a clearly better WR just because he doesn't play specials? Pretty sure Thomas will be returning kicks for us anyway.

I don't think Moore is "clearly" the better WR. He might be a better route runner at this stage but in everything else I would give the edge to Schwartz.

I just think Schwartz brings more value and versatility to the team by being a potential elite special teamer and down the field threat.

I agree Thomas will probably be returning kicks for Miami this season but I think its good to bring in at least one of these type of guys every season if you can.

Last edited:

I don't think Moore is "clearly" the better WR. He might be a better route runner at this stage but in everything else I would give the edge to Schwartz.

I just think Schwartz brings more value and versatility to the team by being a potential elite special teamer and down the field threat.

I agree Thomas will probably be returning kicks for Miami this season but I think its good to bring in at least one of these type of guys every season if you can.

HAHA Shwartz is literally just a straight line threat. Has very little wiggle. He will not be an elite special teamer just because he is fast. Moore's moves are elite.

Everyone on Shwartz ****** dong over his 40 time is insane.

Advertisement
We've now seen the 1-on-1's with all of the kids we're looking at. We can compare bend, explosion, speed, route-running ability, etc.

In what world do Shwartz reps look better than Moore's?

It's one thing to catch a few balls on some people. It's a whole other thing to absolutely dog defenders. Some of you guys are hyping up kids that are winning a couple reps here and there. We're talking about a kid (Moore) who's killin' b!tches out there not just getting by.

In regards to Austin, he's snapping his routes off like he's a 5'10" kid but he's 6'3". His technique is far ahead of most kids out there. The way he closes the distance, gets "on top" of the defender and then snaps off his route is elite. Nobody else 6'1"-6'4" has his knee bend. There's a reason he's been getting offers since he was an underclassmen. (despite playing garbage competition)

HAHA Shwartz is literally just a straight line threat. Has very little wiggle. He will not be an elite special teamer just because he is fast. Moore's moves are elite.

Elite special teamer? plz tell me what traits he shows on film that project to that beside being straight line fast? he really looks like a track guy playing football

Elite special teamer? plz tell me what traits he shows on film that project to that beside being straight line fast? he really looks like a track guy playing football

He can haul a$$ down the field on kick-offs?

Advertisement

He can haul a$$ down the field on kick-offs?

LOL that's about it....you would have to block everything perfect for him to run straight to return a kick. I want the kid who's creative with the ball in his hands and can make something out of nothing. I'm taking the Devon Hester tavon Austin style athlete over the Phillip Dorset Darrius Heyward Bey everyday

Last edited:

Why don't you try getting off Moores dong. His moves are elite, GTFOH. Devin Hester and Jeff Thomas had/have elite moves and he is nowhere near their category.

Moore might have moves that work on the highschool level but his game doesn't translate well to the collegiate level because he doesn't have elite burst. D1 football is a one or two cut and get up the field type of game he won't simply won't be able to run around defenders like he did in highschool. He got caught from behind way too often in his highschool tape for them to be elite.

Moreover, Moore isn't the down the field threat that Schwartz is. He is a nice slot receiver but right now or in the future he won't start over Thomas or Harley. Schwartz provides something to the team and brings versatility to the offense. He can line up outside and take the top of defense something Moore can't do.

Last edited:

Why don't you try getting off Moores dong. His moves are elite, GTFOH. Devin Hester and Jeff Thomas had/have elite moves and he is nowhere near their category.

Moore might have moves that work on the highschool level but his game doesn't translate well to the collegiate level because he doesn't have elite burst. D1 football is a one or two cut and get up the field type of game he won't simply won't be able to run around defenders like he did in highschool. He got caught from behind way too often in his highschool tape for them to be elite.

Moreover, Moore isn't the down the field threat that Schwartz is. He is a nice slot receiver but right now or in the future he won't start over Thomas or Harley. Schwartz provides something team and brings versatility to the offense. He can line up outside and take the top of defense something Moore can't do.

What...in...the world...are...you...talking about? LMAO

"His game doesn't translate well..."

Maybe you should tell that to the 400 teams that have offered him based on just his Sophomore season.

And when have you ever seen him get caught from behind?

Advertisement

Moreover, Moore isn't the down the field threat that Schwartz is. He is a nice slot receiver but right now or in the future he won't start over Thomas or Harley. Schwartz provides something team and brings versatility to the offense. He can line up outside and take the top of defense something Moore can't do.

Shwartz isn't a take and wont be. I am not even sure Moore is at this point, however he is a lot closer than Shwartz.

You saying Moore is not elite is just silly. Dude won MVP at the Opening Combine and was invited to the Opening. I am not comparing him to Thomas but I will go out on a limb and say I prefer him to Harley in the slot.

Your boy Shwartz will end up at a school like USF or on a track scholly.

Shwartz isn't a take and wont be. I am not even sure Moore is at this point, however he is a lot closer than Shwartz.

You saying Moore is not elite is just silly. Dude won MVP at the Opening Combine and was invited to the Opening. I am not comparing him to Thomas but I will go out on a limb and say I prefer him to Harley in the slot.

Your boy Shwartz will end up at a school like USF or on a track scholly.

And I realize Shwartz got invited but that's a consolation prize for winning fastest man.

We've now seen the 1-on-1's with all of the kids we're looking at. We can compare bend, explosion, speed, route-running ability, etc.

In what world do Shwartz reps look better than Moore's?

It's one thing to catch a few balls on some people. It's a whole other thing to absolutely dog defenders. Some of you guys are hyping up kids that are winning a couple reps here and there. We're talking about a kid (Moore) who's killin' b!tches out there not just getting by.

In regards to Austin, he's snapping his routes off like he's a 5'10" kid but he's 6'3". His technique is far ahead of most kids out there. The way he closes the distance, gets "on top" of the defender and then snaps off his route is elite. Nobody else 6'1"-6'4" has his knee bend. There's a reason he's been getting offers since he was an underclassmen. (despite playing garbage competition)

Macho, you are clearly biased about your beloved western guys. You act like Schwartz wasn't killin people in his 1 on 1's and didn't earn an invite to opening himself.

Advertisement
Back