Miami Opening WRs vs DBs

Advertisement
Last edited:
I hope the staff agrees with us about Austin being a priority

Last edited:
is warren thompson no longer a priority?

He is still being prioritized by the staff. However in a recent 247 article he refered to the noles as we as if he was already committed. Moreover, I think his mom wants him elsewhere. It wasn't a good look when he didn't show up for junior day. He was expected to be there and his mom was suppose to meet the staff.

Regardless, I don't think we should take too many possession type of receivers in this class. We already have Wiggins and Hightower is showing us interest. I would take him over Wiggins but not over Hightower.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like Schwartz skill set he needs to work on his route running you can tell he's a football player. Looks comfortable makeing football movements I will take him over Wiggins and Moore a guy with that kind of speed can put serious pressure on a defence.

Dominic Watt,......i'll say it again and again.

Him and Xavier Williams really impressed on that film. But this isnt something i aint know...and isnt something he hasnt been doing. I'm telling you...he will be a 6'2 210 bully at wr. He's not shirting wherever he goes...He just knows how to get open.

Austin looked solid running his routes. Big guy..Possesion wr type. Has that AJ Green length. This is the only time we will see him against div 1 prospects for the rest of the year.

Schwartz is a young Kenny Stills. Take em deep guy.

*To be honest...i like the 2 broward guys (Watt, Austin) more than Wiggins. I need to see more film on wiggins. I know what i can get out of Austin and Watt. Those two would eat up some of our upper classmen's reps early on

It's too late to drop Wiggins but IMO he really isn't in the same tier as Moore, Austin, watt, Hightower, pope, Thompson, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we are taking 4 our WR needs to be Austin, Pope, Hightower and Schwartz

**** no.

Who do you want Coach?

Austin
Moore

Whoever

Definitely not Schwartz though.

The problem with taking Moore over Schwartz is that Moore doesn't play special teams. While Schwartz could be elite in that area for Miami.

Or could be another Dorsett back there. He didn't flash anything special as heritage's return man

We need to consider taking a scholly flyer on Schwartz for his speed. If he ran a 4.34 in high school, how much faster can he get in our program?

Advertisement
This is a good problem to have isnt it? LOL.

Looks like Austin jumped in everyones "Top 5 dead or alive" list after seeing those camp reps. That kid stood out not only rep wise but he also passes the eyeball test. IMO he is in that group with Pope and Hightower as "must gets".

I liked Watt but will he have trouble getting seperation on the next level? Sure he can be Anquan Boldin... or he could be David Ausberry. Boom or bust.

You find a way to get a kid like Schwartz in. Isnt that the reason we were all wanting CJ Hendo so bad? Because of his elite speed? We all knew he didnt know **** about being a DB but we knew we couldnt teach his speed. Why is it different for Schwartz? Dude literally got open with ease on every rep.

[video]https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsRecruits/status/836123066115616768/video/1[/video]

Advertisement
Wit only one WR publicly committed we cannot afford to be as choosy as some would like IMO.....I'd take Pope, Moore, Schwartz, Austin , Thompson or Hightower ...."if" they want to be Canes....meanwhile, other big schools are pursuing these kids as well...time to start locking them up.

Who do you want Coach?

Austin
Moore

Whoever

Definitely not Schwartz though.

The problem with taking Moore over Schwartz is that Moore doesn't play special teams. While Schwartz could be elite in that area for Miami.

Or could be another Dorsett back there. He didn't flash anything special as heritage's return man

Moore is far away a better player than Schwartz. This not a 53 man roster where you trying to find special teams aces. Anybody can play special teams in college. **** our starting rb was on the kickoff team.

Advertisement
Austin has a much higher ceiling than watt. Like watt a lot and he'll probably ball out at a place like Louisville.

I still think Williams is bama all the way and Hightower will be a tough pull from Clemson.

Realistically, I think our class is something like:

Austin
Pope
Wiggins
Moore
One other (oos?)

I would take a flyer on Schwartz. Put him on the team and find a place for him. He doesn't have the wiggle the other kids have but you always take a flyer on that kind of elite speed, imo.

Last edited:
Anybody else as salty as I am about X Williams putting up those Bama gloves in every video?

Austin has a much higher ceiling than watt. Like watt a lot and he'll probably ball out at a place like Louisville.

I still think Williams is bama all the way and Hightower will be a tough pull from Clemson.

Realistically, I think our class is something like:

Austin
Pope
Wiggins
Moore
One other (oos?)

I would take a flyer on Schwartz. Put him on the team and find a place for him. He doesn't have the wiggle the other kids have but you always take a flyer on that kind of elite speed, imo.

Brooklyn would know better than me (not trying to spread the following as factual...) but I've seen some online posts saying that Clemson cooled on Hightower in favor of other wrs. Regardless, tt appears we made a great impression on him this weekend.

My way too early take of how it goes down

2-3 of

Austin
Pope
Hightower
Warren Thompson (100% expect him to drag out his recruitment even if he commits early. Will end up at one of the big 3)
Xavier Williams

0-1 of

Moore (if we want him)
Jatavious Harris
Corey Gammage

Josh Moore to FSU. Copeland to FSU. Schwartz to UF to run track and football. We don't offer Watt, he ends up at UF or another upper echelon program that has offered him.

Wiggins stays committed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back