Miami Opening WRs vs DBs

Advertisement
And I realize Shwartz got invited but that's a consolation prize for winning fastest man.

And you know this how? Do you work for nike opening and part of the decision making process of who gets invite or not?

My dad is Phil Knight. Shwartz is fast. Moore is a better receiver. You aren't a real pimp.

Oh, good one. Stop making sh:t up. Give me a source that he got invited due winning the fastest man and not for his on the field performance or GTFOH.

There is so much taelnt in South Florida its not practical to be able to keep them all at UM. That being said that Schwartz guy seems like a plus plus plus plus athlete, and in the college game if you can out athlete your opponent most of the time you will win. Put any of these kids on teams in Tampa and they are local superstars. There is just so much talent in Miami, and with a good coach and recruiters Miami is going to have a very good situation where literally all of the commits are probably future NFL guys.

Now that Richt and staff are really starting to get top prospects on a national level as well, and also the best kids in florida. Really have to evaluate well.

Look at all of the defensive backs in Miami, not to mention national guys that probably want to commit to Miami.

Nadab Joseph
Gurvan Hall
Dj Ivey
Asante Samuel
Patrick Surtain
Gilbert Frierson
Randy Russell
Josh Jobe
Divaad Wilson
Cj Smith

All in Miami. ***** crazy.

We've now seen the 1-on-1's with all of the kids we're looking at. We can compare bend, explosion, speed, route-running ability, etc.

In what world do Shwartz reps look better than Moore's?

It's one thing to catch a few balls on some people. It's a whole other thing to absolutely dog defenders. Some of you guys are hyping up kids that are winning a couple reps here and there. We're talking about a kid (Moore) who's killin' b!tches out there not just getting by.

In regards to Austin, he's snapping his routes off like he's a 5'10" kid but he's 6'3". His technique is far ahead of most kids out there. The way he closes the distance, gets "on top" of the defender and then snaps off his route is elite. Nobody else 6'1"-6'4" has his knee bend. There's a reason he's been getting offers since he was an underclassmen. (despite playing garbage competition)

Macho, you are clearly biased about your beloved western guys. You act like Schwartz wasn't killin people in his 1 on 1's and didn't earn an invite to opening himself.

Actually, I'm not a huge fan of the kid, regardless of where he went to high school, so no I'm not biased. Most people agree with me, which is evident by (1) his offer list (2) his MVP award (3) his invite to Oregon and (4) opinions from guys who are involved in the 7-on-7 circuit.

Schwartz wasn't really killing people though. Certainly not like Moore has been doing. He's nowhere near Moore's stratosphere when it comes to route running.

Advertisement
What...in...the world...are...you...talking about? LMAO

"His game doesn't translate well..."

Maybe you should tell that to the 400 teams that have offered him based on just his Sophomore season.

And when have you ever seen him get caught from behind?

Elijah moore - Hudl

He gets caught from behind in the following marks:

Sophomore tape:
4:41, 5:04, 5:17,5:33,6:40, 8:58, 9:12

Junior Tape
:44, :58

Please show me in any of those highlights were he shows elite level burst. A Jeff Thomas type houses many of those same plays.

I meant to say his game doesn't translate well to a big time college receiver not that doesn't belong at the D1 level. I just don't see the kids upside or see him doing anything at elite level in college. He does a lot of good things but nothing at an elite level. And if Miami ever wants to get to an elite level you need elite players.

This kid is a good slot receiver in HS and will probably be productive in the right system in college but until I see his measurable or something more on tape he is a high floor low celling guy.

Moreover, Even if you don't want to accept it college football recruiting is projection business. Right now Moore might be a better route runner than Schwartz but give him time with college coaching and I will take the kid with more upside.

Last edited:

Maybe you should tell that to the 400 teams that have offered him based on just his Sophomore season.

Elijah moore - Hudl

Sophomore tape:

Junior Tape

Please show me in any of those highlights were he shows elite level burst. A Jeff Thomas type houses many of those same plays.

I meant to say his game doesn't translate well to a big time college receiver not that doesn't belong at the D1 level. I just don't see the kids upside or see him doing anything at elite level in college. He does a lot of good things but nothing at an elite level. And if Miami ever wants to get to an elite level you need elite players. This kid is a good slot receiver in HS and will probably be productive in the right system in college but until I see his measurable or something more on tape he is a high floor low celling guy.

Moreover, Even if you don't want to accept it college football recruiting is projection business. Right now Moore might be a better route runner than Schwartz but give him time with college coaching and I will take the kid with more upside.

I'm trying my best not to call you "stupid" but you're making it reallllllly hard.

He doesn't get "caught from behind" in any of those clips you listed. Not a single one. That fact that you think he's getting "caught" just shows how little you understand angles and how things play out on the football field.

The rest of your post is asinine as well. His offer list would suggest that he is a big time level WR.

Advertisement
Your boy Shwartz will end up at a school like USF or on a track scholly.

And this is just dumb, he is already a take for UF.

Shwartz will not get an offer at Miami so I don't know why you are discussing this still.

Anthony Schwartz, American Heritage, Wide Receiver

Wrong again, he already has an offer which he received Jan 30. Now go back and crawl underneath the rock which you came from.

Elijah moore - Hudl

Sophomore tape:

Junior Tape

I meant to say his game doesn't translate well to a big time college receiver not that doesn't belong at the D1 level. I just don't see the kids upside or see him doing anything at elite level in college. He does a lot of good things but nothing at an elite level. And if Miami ever wants to get to an elite level you need elite players. This kid is a good slot receiver in HS and will probably be productive in the right system in college but until I see his measurable or something more on tape he is a high floor low celling guy.

I'm trying my best not to call you "stupid" but you're making it reallllllly hard.

He doesn't get "caught from behind" in any of those clips you listed. Not a single one. That fact that you think he's getting "caught" just shows how little you understand angles and how things play out on the football field.

The rest of your post is asinine as well. His offer list would suggest that he is a big time level WR.

And you are making it really hard for me not to call you a Corch.

Yeah, your right Moore is the second coming of Santana Moss and only you understand angles, FOH.

I guess at the 5:04 mark of his sophomore tape he doesn't get caught from behind by DE and he had the angle on him as well. LMAO

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pope, Hightower, Austin, Wiggins, Williams, Moore Etc. are all in a different universe.

Pimpcane1 just because he came over to your house for Shabat doesn't make him an elite prospect.

Man, Blades is aggressive like his daddy, ****! Almost freaky watching him on tape, smh. Austin looks good, he's going to be a problem once he put on that weight. Schwartz is fast as all ****, but not sure on the route running yet, but he can be coached up. Secure the Bag for Jobe, he's the one and he's playing safety smh.

Shwartz will not get an offer at Miami so I don't know why you are discussing this still.
Shwartz will not be in this class.

The poRst at the top makes your post below seem less credible. PoRst less definitive, more speculative. FWIW I don't know if he ends up with a commitable offer either. That's ok, to not know.. (not coaches)

Advertisement

The poRst at the top makes your post below seem less credible. PoRst less definitive, more speculative. FWIW I don't know if he ends up with a commitable offer either. That's ok, to not know.. (not coaches)

There is a difference between getting an offer and having the coaches pursue you. Often times coaches will offer kids and not be in constant contact. That way if they miss on a more important guy they can fall back on them.

There is a difference between getting an offer and having the coaches pursue you. Often times coaches will offer kids and not be in constant contact. That way if they miss on a more important guy they can fall back on them.

In this case we would have to miss on a lot of other guys to really give attention to Schwartz.

I don't disagree with your logic, just your delivery. I also think he is a Plan B kid.

Advertisement
Back