Miami Opening WRs vs DBs

Advertisement
What...in...the world...are...you...talking about? LMAO

"His game doesn't translate well..."

Maybe you should tell that to the 400 teams that have offered him based on just his Sophomore season.

And when have you ever seen him get caught from behind?

Elijah moore - Hudl

He gets caught from behind in the following marks:

Sophomore tape:
4:41, 5:04, 5:17,5:33,6:40, 8:58, 9:12

Junior Tape
:44, :58

Please show me in any of those highlights were he shows elite level burst. A Jeff Thomas type houses many of those same plays.

I meant to say his game doesn't translate well to a big time college receiver not that doesn't belong at the D1 level. I just don't see the kids upside or see him doing anything at elite level in college. He does a lot of good things but nothing at an elite level. And if Miami ever wants to get to an elite level you need elite players. This kid is a good slot receiver in HS and will probably be productive in the right system in college but until I see his measurable or something more on tape he is a high floor low celling guy.

Moreover, Even if you don't want to accept it college football recruiting is projection business. Right now Moore might be a better route runner than Schwartz but give him time with college coaching and I will take the kid with more upside.

I'm trying my best not to call you "stupid" but you're making it reallllllly hard.

He doesn't get "caught from behind" in any of those clips you listed. Not a single one. That fact that you think he's getting "caught" just shows how little you understand angles and how things play out on the football field.

The rest of your post is asinine as well. His offer list would suggest that he is a big time level WR.

And you are making it really hard for me not to call you a Corch.

Yeah, your right Moore is the second coming of Santana Moss and only you understand angles, FOH.

I guess at the 5:04 mark of his sophomore tape he doesn't get caught from behind by DE and he had the angle on him as well. LMAO

i watched every single one of those plays you referenced, and i also would not label a single one as being "caught from behind". 5:04 he cuts in front of the DE to allow him to tackle him from behind. that's not what caught from behind means.

Watt plays like Anquan Boldin. Big dude with good enough speed who bodies guys and snatches the ball. He's going to have a great career wherever he winds up. I just hope he doesn't wind up on a team we play against.

Austin looks gigantic with nice quick feet.

Finnie stood out as a top prospect.

Better have Safety help when Schwartz in on the field.

Finnie's dad was a beast at Northwestern. Bloodlines!!!

Advertisement
Said it another thread regarding WRs but I'll put my thoughts about Schwartz.

Havnt put my full thoughts from the events videos but.... I have never been that impressed with Schwartz. Yes he's fast but what's going to happen when he's not playing average high school corners? They will get bigger, faster and stronger on the next level. He is extremely raw. Yes he's very fast but again. He's a one trick pony right now and that can easily be negated outside of camp settings. I've seen a lot of fast guys who are not good at football. More to being a WR than just being fast. I'm not saying he's bad but he's got a ways to go.

I agree very little chance Schwartz will be in the class. Not likely

That probably has to do with the fact that he has UFag leading at the moment more so than ability.

What are the chances Moore is in this class?

Kind of like the situation with Cleveland Reed?

Oh wait...

Sorry man your logic is flawed. We don't stop recruiting people because UF is leading.

That probably has to do with the fact that he has UFag leading at the moment more so than ability.

Oh wait...

Sorry man your logic is flawed. We don't stop recruiting people because UF is leading.

He will most likely not be in this class because there are targets higher on our board.

Advertisement

Miami is not really recruiting either Schwartz or Moore right now.

So who are we targeting the most right now at WR?

I guess the staff must feel confident in getting the top guys on their board.

Oh wait...

He will most likely not be in this class because there are targets higher on our board.

And Moore is not one of those higher targets either according to Pete. But that wasn't the point of the original discussion.

It was who you think should be priority based on ability and not who actually is. It was your dumb *** that said who was not a take or not, which obviously didn't included your bff Moore.

Last edited:
Moore played special teams his Sophomore year and was a threat every time they kicked him the ball.

That shouldn't be an issue anyway. You're gonan bypass a clearly better WR just because he doesn't play specials? Pretty sure Thomas will be returning kicks for us anyway.

I don't think Moore is "clearly" the better WR. He might be a better route runner at this stage but in everything else I would give the edge to Schwartz.

I just think Schwartz brings more value and versatility to the team by being a potential elite special teamer and down the field threat.

I agree Thomas will probably be returning kicks for Miami this season but I think its good to bring in at least one of these type of guys every season if you can.

HAHA Shwartz is literally just a straight line threat. Has very little wiggle. He will not be an elite special teamer just because he is fast. Moore's moves are elite.

Everyone on Shwartz ****** dong over his 40 time is insane.

Why don't you try getting off Moores dong. His moves are elite, GTFOH. Devin Hester and Jeff Thomas had/have elite moves and he is nowhere near their category.

Moore might have moves that work on the highschool level but his game doesn't translate well to the collegiate level because he doesn't have elite burst. D1 football is a one or two cut and get up the field type of game he won't simply won't be able to run around defenders like he did in highschool. He got caught from behind way too often in his highschool tape for them to be elite.

Moreover, Moore isn't the down the field threat that Schwartz is. He is a nice slot receiver but right now or in the future he won't start over Thomas or Harley. Schwartz provides something team and brings versatility to the offense. He can line up outside and take the top of defense something Moore can't do.

Shwartz isn't a take and wont be. I am not even sure Moore is at this point, however he is a lot closer than Shwartz.

You saying Moore is not elite is just silly. Dude won MVP at the Opening Combine and was invited to the Opening. I am not comparing him to Thomas but I will go out on a limb and say I prefer him to Harley in the slot.

Your boy Shwartz will end up at a school like USF or on a track scholly.

Not my Bff... Just saying he is a better prospect than Schwartz.

Oh wait...

And Moore is not one of those higher targets either according to Pete. But that wasn't the point of the original discussion.

It was who you think should be priority based on ability and not who actually is. It was your dumb *** that said who was not a take or not, which obviously didn't included your bff Moore.

I would start name calling too if everyone on the board including the owner of the board is saying you are wrong.

Advertisement

Havnt put my full thoughts from the events videos but.... I have never been that impressed with Schwartz. Yes he's fast but what's going to happen when he's not playing average high school corners? They will get bigger, faster and stronger on the next level. He is extremely raw. Yes he's very fast but again. He's a one trick pony right now and that can easily be negated outside of camp settings. I've seen a lot of fast guys who are not good at football. More to being a WR than just being fast. I'm not saying he's bad but he's got a ways to go.

So you dont think this kid can be a Ted Ginn Jr type like when he was at OSU? This type of speed doesnt come around often. (speaking of Schwartz) Tell just gift wrap him to UF...i dont know how I feel about that.

All that said, according to Petes post...looks like the big board is Pope, Wiggins, Hightower, Austin and XWilliams at this point. He said we arent actively pursuing Moore or Schwartz.

So you dont think this kid can be a Ted Ginn Jr type like when he was at OSU? This type of speed doesnt come around often. (speaking of Schwartz) Tell just gift wrap him to UF...i dont know how I feel about that.

All that said, according to Petes post...looks like the big board is Pope, Wiggins, Hightower, Austin and XWilliams at this point. He said we arent actively pursuing Moore or Schwartz.

Ted Ginn was the #2 recruit in the nation coming out. He didn't pan out in the NFL, but every fast guy coming into college isn't going to have an impact similar to what he had at OSU

Advertisement
What...in...the world...are...you...talking about? LMAO

"His game doesn't translate well..."

Maybe you should tell that to the 400 teams that have offered him based on just his Sophomore season.

And when have you ever seen him get caught from behind?

Elijah moore - Hudl

Sophomore tape:

Junior Tape

Please show me in any of those highlights were he shows elite level burst. A Jeff Thomas type houses many of those same plays.

I meant to say his game doesn't translate well to a big time college receiver not that doesn't belong at the D1 level. I just don't see the kids upside or see him doing anything at elite level in college. He does a lot of good things but nothing at an elite level. And if Miami ever wants to get to an elite level you need elite players. This kid is a good slot receiver in HS and will probably be productive in the right system in college but until I see his measurable or something more on tape he is a high floor low celling guy.

Moreover, Even if you don't want to accept it college football recruiting is projection business. Right now Moore might be a better route runner than Schwartz but give him time with college coaching and I will take the kid with more upside.

I'm trying my best not to call you "stupid" but you're making it reallllllly hard.

He doesn't get "caught from behind" in any of those clips you listed. Not a single one. That fact that you think he's getting "caught" just shows how little you understand angles and how things play out on the football field.

The rest of your post is asinine as well. His offer list would suggest that he is a big time level WR.

Yeah, your right Moore is the second coming of Santana Moss and only you understand angles, FOH.

I guess at the 5:04 mark of his sophomore tape he doesn't get caught from behind by DE and he had the angle on him as well. LMAO

i watched every single one of those plays you referenced, and i also would not label a single one as being "caught from behind". 5:04 he cuts in front of the DE to allow him to tackle him from behind. that's not what caught from behind means.

Just...

Dumb. SMH

Elijah moore - Hudl

Sophomore tape:

Junior Tape

Just...

Dumb. SMH

We can argue all day long about who has the angle or not. But it doesn't change the fact that Moore doesn't have elite speed or acceleration. Athletes with elite speed or acceleration destroy some of those "angles".

Moreover, [MENTION=5124]Coach Macho[/MENTION] please state the qualities that make Moore this elite prospect you claim he is. So far the only quality you have listed that make him "big time" is his offer sheet.

Last edited:

Just...

Dumb. SMH

We can argue all day long about who has the angle or not. But it doesn't change the fact that Moore doesn't have elite speed or acceleration. Athletes with elite speed or acceleration destroy some of those "angles".

Moreover, [MENTION=5124]Coach Macho[/MENTION] please state the qualities that make Moore this elite prospect you claim he is. So far the only quality you have listed that make him "big time" is his offer sheet.

Nope. Pointless.

Anybody who thinks Moore is being "caught from behind" in those clips isn't worth debating with.

Advertisement
Back