Miami offers Cronkite

You know, here's an idea. And you know, its just a thought. But dont we TECHNICALLY have a 2015 RB already committed? Walton, though he says he is somewhat keeping things open, is still committed. So how many other RBs can we offer that early? If even one more of these kids commits, then what?

This is why the "early commit" thing puts us in a bind. Walton said he was reclassifying to 2015, so now until he decommits, we have to hold that ship for him at RB. That leaves maybe one spot open for RBs.

Its not confirmed yet of he is reclassifying. he just wants too. Mark Walton is pure beast, Ill take him over alot of RB's

Advertisement
You know, here's an idea. And you know, its just a thought. But dont we TECHNICALLY have a 2015 RB already committed? Walton, though he says he is somewhat keeping things open, is still committed. So how many other RBs can we offer that early? If even one more of these kids commits, then what?

This is why the "early commit" thing puts us in a bind. Walton said he was reclassifying to 2015, so now until he decommits, we have to hold that ship for him at RB. That leaves maybe one spot open for RBs.

We've shown that just because you committed doesn't mean you have a spot. See: Edouard and Turner

Not that we'd show Walton the door. That kid is sick

he's a 2016 commit...

He stated that he would try to reclassify, but when was the last time you heard this happen successfully?

Not sure about football but didn't Andrew Wiggins reclassify?

Alabama is loaded with running backs and they still commit to play there?

Im not saying we are loaded at RB. But you generally dont take more than 2 RBs in a class. And if you are lucky enough to land two TOP Rbs in a class, that's a pretty rare feat.

So with one technically committed, does it make sense to flood the market with offers that early? Or take your time and offer the top of the top of your list, then start moving down it as you gauge reaction.

Seems like they are taking a systematic approach to things here. And my point was, maybe the fact that Walton is already committed, and is going to be a 2015 kid, has changed the calculus on how many kids we are going to offer that early at RB.

What are you *****ing about? Walton is still a 2016 back. And if he does reclassify to 2015 so what? We'll have a couple 4/5 star running backs with us on top.

Advertisement

We've shown that just because you committed doesn't mean you have a spot. See: Edouard and Turner

That's not accurate. Edouard was reassured they would honor his scholie, but we signed two more QBs and Coley wasnt really talking to him much, so he got the message that he was no longer a priority, and decided to go elsewhere. Had he insisted on sticking, I doubt they would have pulled his ship. There are many layers of how you nudge a kid elsewhere, and he got the message that he wasnt really high on Coley's list as the new OC.

Al better not leave the tri county area to go recruit for the next few months. I'll let him head over to Tampa if need be. But dude has some serious work to put in with these schools/coaches/kids. He needs to be visible as **** right now. The entire staff really is working for their careers this off season IMO. LETS GO!!!!

Offering Jordan Cronkrite = flooding the market with RB offers. ******* dolt.

How about when you establish a relationship with a player and offer him a scholarship, you let him know how many of that position you are taking that cycle? That would be quite the ******* concept. You know, being open with the recruit so he knows where he stands while at the same time creating some sense of urgency to take the offer. You must think our corches are ******* morons.

Advertisement
1. Why so ***king late
2. At least Golden is learning that there are studs in our backyard at RB even if you whiff on the obvious studs like Cook
3. Hopefully it's not too late as this kid is pretty good

That's not accurate. Edouard was reassured they would honor his scholie, but we signed two more QBs and Coley wasnt really talking to him much, so he got the message that he was no longer a priority, and decided to go elsewhere. Had he insisted on sticking, I doubt they would have pulled his ship. There are many layers of how you nudge a kid elsewhere, and he got the message that he wasnt really high on Coley's list as the new OC.

Exactly. Many ways to show a kid the door. A kid is not going to sign with a school that doesn't like him that much as a prospect. Tougher shot at seeing the field

What are you ****ing about? Walton is still a 2016 back. And if he does reclassify to 2015 so what? We'll have a couple 4/5 star running backs with us on top.

Walton said, wether he ends up doing it or not, that he was goign to reclassify to 2015. And he's committed. That means that the staff may have to factor him into the RB board. If he's pencilled in as a commit for 2015 at RB, then there is not a ton or room to take a slew of new RBs. ALL I was saying was that maybe the staff is being more judicious with how early they offer some RBs because they are counting Walton as a 2015 commit. Thats not to say we arent going to offer other kids, many others Im sure, but maybe you dont offer as MANY RBs early on as you would have if Walton was not in the picture.

First time watching this cats film, kid is a monster. Looks like a really good athlete and even better football player.

Advertisement
Still over a yr left for NSD of 2015 and some of you guys are crying saying we offered this kid too late. I dont understand some of you. i guess some of yall just like to be negative regardless of the subject.

he's a 2016 commit...

He stated that he would try to reclassify, but when was the last time you heard this happen successfully?

not sure. I've never heard of anyone doing it...

Advertisement

he's a 2016 commit...

Nerlens Noel re-classified. There's a few others too but I've only heard of it with basketball guys.

he's a 2016 commit...

Isnt the McNight kid reclassified? Or am I thinking of someone else? Which is the kid whose eligibility was up and had to reclassify? I thought that was McNight.

Still over a yr left for NSD of 2015 and some of you guys are crying saying we offered this kid too late. I dont understand some of you. i guess some of yall just like to be negative regardless of the subject.

We weren't late, just after Alabama, Tennessee, Florida State, Clemson, Arkansas, etc, etc, etc

Advertisement
Back