Miami offers Cronkite

Preciate the info. Timing of starting relationship with the kids and da U is the most important thing.

Advertisement
As far as this kid is concerned it wasn't about offering early but about offering period. He has been in contact with this staff over the last 2 years and while receiving offers from a number of other schools UM still wasn't. So today rolls around and the staff not only offers but also explained to Jordan and his father what they see in him as well as why they never offered before. The reason they didn't offer earlier was due to they were unsure of his position but now have a position solidified. So now it's time to let the recruiting process do it's thing and see if UM is the school for this kid

See thats the way you do it, and how you get around this "offering late" stuff. You sit down with the kid, and you show him that we dont just throw offers around willy nilly. You tell him how weve been closely watching him and evaluating him. How we wanted to make sure and get it just right so we knew what position we see him in, how he fits in, you show him how you envision him as part of the team, the system, and how his future evolves here. That's more meaningful than just a "hey you got on offer". Many schools do just that. Call a coach and say "were offering your player". If they took the time to sit down with the kid and his father and explained it all like that, then that was a good way to show the kid he is wanted, and we are serious and thoughtful on how we give out our offers. THAT is how you deal with a high profile local kid.

I don't think you have to worry about this kid being salty or upset that the offer was "late"

[video=youtube;dTIvPu6SP-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTIvPu6SP-o[/video]

I don't think you have to worry about this kid being salty or upset that the offer was "late"

How long until someone bashes Golden for offering another "Steve Urkel"?

Advertisement
I could care less about the way he speaks. I think Cronkite is a stud. But I don't doubt theres a faction of fans that would watch that video and freak out becuase Jordan Cronkite doens't sound like they think he should. Go take a gander at Al Goldens instagram and find the video with Corn Elder talking to him. Now read the comments. People telling Golden to die in a fire because the recruits he gets aren't thug enough and calling Elder a ***** and a "Steve Urkel" because he was well mannered and soft spoken. Much like JC above. Same dudes *****ing that Olsen isn't good enough to play Qb because he is too soft because he has a GF.

470.jpg

He likes Miami. The U will be a player in his recruitment.

"You have uhhh a lot of talent on your team, that means theres only one football you can only get one thing in..." -reporter

Ummmm.. What in the ***?

What's the skinny on this bluestein (think that's his name?) character. That lead into a question just made literally no sense. Seriously what in the *** I am beyond baffled right now and I'm fairly positive that it has nothing to do with my consumption of booze.

Last edited:
Advertisement

"You have uhhh a lot of talent on your team, that means theres only one football you can only get one thing in..." -reporter

Ummmm.. What in the ***?

What's the skinny on this bluestein (think that's his name?) character. That lead into a question just made literally no sense. Seriously what in the *** I am beyond baffled right now and I'm fairly positive that it has nothing to do with my consumption of booze.

That's Larry Blustein. The guy is a HS football analyst for South Florida football. I'm not sure of his illness, but that may have something to do with it, not entirely sure.

People stumble on their words at times. I guess you haven't had that problem since you're perfect.

I hope he ends up @ Safety that highlight didnt really do him justice.... Would be happy to reel him in though

Ummmm.. What in the ***?

The skinny is that Blu's a great guy that's in need of a kidney. He's a local legend that's been in the game longer than all of us combined and he's also very loved and respected by the local community. Don't **** with Blu!

Advertisement

Ummmm.. What in the ***?

The skinny is that Blu's a great guy that's in need of a kidney. He's a local legend that's been in the game longer than all of us combined and he's also very loved and respected by the local community. Don't **** with Blu!

Yeah man, go ***** with somebody else, Blu is good peoples and knows his ****. I think WQAM (local station) had a BIG fundraiser for him a few months ago. He is well respected.

Advertisement
You know, here's an idea. And you know, its just a thought. But dont we TECHNICALLY have a 2015 RB already committed? Walton, though he says he is somewhat keeping things open, is still committed. So how many other RBs can we offer that early? If even one more of these kids commits, then what?

This is why the "early commit" thing puts us in a bind. Walton said he was reclassifying to 2015, so now until he decommits, we have to hold that ship for him at RB. That leaves maybe one spot open for RBs.

There is no guarantee that Walton is reclassifying

Advertisement
Back