Miami needs receivers immediately!!

Can qb be considered a strength if he is not in sync with his wideouts? Yes this isn't the 90s and we don't have a 90s style run game either in case you haven't noticed. If we would have committed to running the ball more and passing out of playaction, we win last night.
You might be right on your last point. We will never know for sure but your QB was a strength coming into the season and he’s been taken out by the offense.

My point was that if that was your greatest strength don’t turn it into your 3rd strength.

Advertisement
To be fair, you had said none of the WR’s on our team would be drafted and @Da Jumbo Mutombo responded to that as I did. Restrepo will. Key Smith has a shot. TBD on the freshman. Need to see more from George.
Key Smith has 0 shot. Restrepo has a shot next year but through 3 years he doesn't have much tape to offer up. If he gets drafted he is another 6th or 7th round guy at best. That's not the difference maker that changes life.

Key Smith has 0 shot. Restrepo has a shot next year but through 3 years he doesn't have much tape to offer up. If he gets drafted he is another 6th or 7th round guy at best. That's not the difference maker that changes life.
You said zero will get drafted. Someone or someone’s will get drafted. It’s still a poor group.

You said zero will get drafted. Someone or someone’s will get drafted. It’s still a poor group.
It's possible I was being dramatic but if the we only have 1 WR get drafted and it's 6th or 7th wrong I wouldn't feel wrong. Those are glorified practice squad guys. I'll still take my L though.

Advertisement
It's possible I was being dramatic but if the we only have 1 WR get drafted and it's 6th or 7th wrong I wouldn't feel wrong. Those are glorified practice squad guys. I'll still take my L though.
If we have 1 WR get drafted you would technically be wrong because that’s 1 more than zero but they still suck and I know you were being dramatic which is why Matumbo and I were messing with you about it. The fair point is that we need a lot of WR help. It’s a lot worse than I thought. I thought someone would be able to rise up and separate a little as a 1 or 2 and that hasn’t happened. We desperately need ****ey or similar more than anyone else left at this point as I see it given what we have committed and on the roster at other spots.

good thing our OC is recruiting well at WR. oh wait, were gonna strike out on the top receivers in dade minus ray ray and Washington when we need a influx of talent. the elite guys are going elsewhere.

If we have 1 WR get drafted you would technically be wrong because that’s 1 more than zero but they still suck and I know you were being dramatic which is why Matumbo and I were messing with you about it. The fair point is that we need a lot of WR help. It’s a lot worse than I thought. I thought someone would be able to rise up and separate a little as a 1 or 2 and that hasn’t happened. We desperately need ****ey or similar more than anyone else left at this point as I see it given what we have committed and on the roster at other spots.
gattis recruiting has been awful to say the least. combine that w his performance so far, it may be best for a mutual parting at the end of the year.

Gattis called a bad game. Red zone was extremely conservative and he should’ve been running up tempo with empty backfield…the OL was holding up, plus A&M was getting gassed and had several DB’s suspended, plus two ejected from the game.

You expect more from a OC getting paid over $1,000,000/season..

Advertisement
So true. Tbh It felt like the goal was to stay close , like we were playing for a moral victory. Conservative play calling would be putting it gently. It’s hard to win these games being conservative in the redzone and kicking fg’s on every trip.

Hard to understand given our opponent, not to mention how the game unfolded even early. No reason to think we couldn’t win that game.

Had we been planing UGA or Bama (like last year), maybe I could swallow that pill. Maybe I’d find a way to appreciate a philosophy that kept us within 1 score of the very elite with a chance to tie at the end. I could see that.

But this was a huge opportunity for a new regime creating a new image in their very first big game of the season. You don’t have to go crazy all game, but ****, give yourself a chance to find out if you can win the **** thing.

gattis recruiting has been awful to say the least. combine that w his performance so far, it may be best for a mutual parting at the end of the year.
I thought the first quarter playcalling that we started out with was good. These WRs are bad. If they can’t catch they can’t catch. Some spread concepts would at least help create space give the poor route running and inability to separate.

good thing our OC is recruiting well at WR. oh wait, were gonna strike out on the top receivers in dade minus ray ray and Washington when we need a influx of talent. the elite guys are going elsewhere.
If we don’t pay someone big $….😣

I thought the first quarter playcalling that we started out with was good. These WRs are bad. If they can’t catch they can’t catch. Some spread concepts would at least help create space give the poor route running and inability to separate.
agreed. the game plan was better and the offense looked better than last week but for all the talk about holding the play book bc of ATM lol. I knew it was bull**** when I read posts about it and it was more bull**** after last night. gattis has to be one of the least creative play callers there are. the flea flicker is pretty much the only trick he has which is what I said lol. on top of that, for the life of me, it seems like he has nothing in his play book to simplify things and get some easy rhythm completions going. it isnt surprising that the only mother ******* time TVD has looked like himself this season was the 2 min drill against southern miss at halftime. pace is forever going to be issue w this staff bc they dont care for it. once we fell behind two scores, that was it. we dont have enough possessions in the game to make it up esp when you aren't landing 6. our drives take way too long and we dont have anything thats quick hitting or even explosive. also, look at the film from last year. rooster was a great target in the pass game since he arrived. USE HIM THERE PLEASE. he can house it and hes the only one who can on the roster.

Advertisement
This narrative is so reminiscent of the OLine story for years and years. Sign guys that others want and then watch them underperform for us. They get much better line coaching than they've ever had and all of a sudden they likely become a strength. Interesting how that works.

agreed. the game plan was better and the offense looked better than last week but for all the talk about holding the play book bc of ATM lol. I knew it was bull**** when I read posts about it and it was more bull**** after last night. gattis has to be one of the least creative play callers there are. the flea flicker is pretty much the only trick he has which is what I said lol. on top of that, for the life of me, it seems like he has nothing in his play book to simplify things and get some easy rhythm completions going.
Sad to say but that first quarter showed me more than I expected from him in a good way so I think he’s capable of it. I don’t know how much they adjust but they have to.

This narrative is so reminiscent of the OLine story for years and years. Sign guys that others want and then watch them underperform for us. They get much better coaching than they've ever had and all of a sudden they likely become a strength. Interesting how that works.
so use the same theory for the passing offense. its regressed under this stfff. put them w another staff and watch them perform.

Advertisement
pathetic how aTm had 2 suspension and 2 db’s disqualified and Recievers couldn’t get separation aTm could have gotten fan from stand and played db and the Recievers wouldn’t get separation or contested pass

TVD threw into crowds more than I'd like to recall. He was lucky not to have 3-4 picks easy. Receivers couldn't separate (no surprise) but TVD looked mediocre too.
Absolutely, a lot of throws to no one in particular last night. He looks lost right now. I still buy into the hype on him, but he needs to get it together quickly.

it had to help that during the broadcast
the announcers mentioned repeatedly the lack of playmakers at WR at miami
so hope that drove the point accross to recruits

Van dyke also didn’t look great in that game but gave him the benefit of the doubt.
He didn't look "great," I will agree, but the pre season hype surrounding him has been excessive. People seem to forget he had bad games last season too. However, even Tom Brady can't look great if receivers don't come down with the ball.

Advertisement
Back