Miami/Louisville Jan 10 Game Thread

Advertisement
Miami is just not a good team right now. We need to get back to the basics. We are relying too much on our jump shooting. We don't do anything else good right now. Coach L has a lot of work to do.

We just got worked plain and simple. I've seen Louisville play a few times this year and besides Texas they've never played like this. So of course they bring it against us, and of course we can't shoot our wad in the 2nd half. Norchad got absolutely worked by that kid.

I don't know guys, this just might be what this team is. Some nights they'll look great and can beat anyone, others they can lose to anyone, and badly.
This team peaked 11 months ago. You’re seeing it with FAU now. Really difficult being the hunted and guys like Pack, Omier and Bensley are getting exposed

Advertisement
Louisville sucks. There’s no excusing this.
Where did I excuse this? The point I'm making, is that in order for a terrible team like Louisville to win, especially when they are on a crazy losing streak, a lot of things have to go right for them. In other words, what are the odds that Miami would be terrible from deep, awful from the FT line and turn the ball over in bunches? As Seth said, this isn't the first time Louisville has been in a legit fight against a team that is significantly better. Texas and Indiana have also struggled with Louisville. That said, you can't be sloppy and expect to win. Miami lost this game by being careless with the rock and the rim was unkind late. If this team can't hit shots, this team can't win, period. VT is now a must win, can't have an empty week.

Casey was fine. Grabbed 4 boards and played good D. He doesn’t deserve to be ripped tonight
considering how bad he usually is i guess you are right. but he was soft on rebounds, his offense awful again. sorry i wasnt impresssed but respect your opinion. he certainly wasnt the problem tonight in the awful loss.

1704938633680.png

Advertisement
Pack and co had some good open looks and just missed. We had no post game today. Omier was invisible tonight. Our D was not good, and we even missed FT's tonight

For such an "athletic team" we seem to play significantly slower then we did last year. Even before half our team injured their ankles. We don't seem to have the urgency to move the ball up the court, we don't steal possessions nearly as much and we don't take the ball into the paint anywhere close enough.

Don't even have the words for this garbage they displayed. May look back at this game as one that cost them in the eyes of the committee bc they aren't running away with anything this yr. They look like a bubble team and a home loss like this is killer

It’s a given that we were going to have a bad loss (or a few), as most teams do every season. Louisville is beyond just a bad loss though. Can’t even beat them at home and we have way more challenging teams to face still. Missing last season already.

Advertisement
Where did I excuse this? The point I'm making, is that in order for a terrible team like Louisville to win, especially when they are on a crazy losing streak, a lot of things have to go right for them. In other words, what are the odds that Miami would be terrible from deep, awful from the FT line and turn the ball over in bunches? As Seth said, this isn't the first time Louisville has been in a legit fight against a team that is significantly better. Texas and Indiana have also struggled with Louisville. That said, you can't be sloppy and expect to win. Miami lost this game by being careless with the rock and the rim was unkind late. If this team can't hit shots, this team can't win, period. VT is now a must win, can't have an empty week.
We were fine from deep (8 first half 3’s) until we started jacking up bad shots late. Missed FT’s were unusual, but it’s not like we got to the line a ton either.

Advertisement
That was an awful performance. Louisville wanted it more; they outplayed, out hustled, out smarted and grossly out coached us.

Coach L should be embarrassed by not having the team better prepared tonight.

Advertisement
Back