Miami/Louisville Jan 10 Game Thread

Our best hope is this being a bridge year and somehow get wooga Cleveland George pack back to go with bethea and Schwartz and for the love of god get a portal big

Advertisement
Don’t understand the officiating at all… but we need to be better. Also I think George’s plus minus might lead the team right now. Hope the staff is seeing it.

With 17 and a half minutes George had the best +/- of anyone other than Casey (who only saw 9 minutes of action).

George needs 25+ minutes a game. He is just a difference maker.

Coach L is a legend and there’s a tremendous amount of season left and the season is NOWHERE CLOSE to being over or a failure… but tonight was a bad, bad loss.

With 17 and a half minutes George had the best +/- of anyone other than Casey (who only saw 9 minutes of action).

George needs 25+ minutes a game. He is just a difference maker.

Coach L is a legend and there’s a tremendous amount of season left and the season is NOWHERE CLOSE to being over or a failure… but tonight was a bad, bad loss.
Don’t understand how George only played 18 mins tonight. Joseph is playing too much.

Advertisement
First, the Louisville kid had his way with Omier. Don't see that often.

Pack and Joseph were bad offensively tonight. In fact, Cleveland was the only player to show up.

Our defense is plain lousy. We can't fight off screens on the perimeter, and can't defend the three point line. This team allows way too many uncontested threes.

Poplar has regressed defensively. He's been below average defensively all year. I have no idea what's happened to him. And offensively, he just can't handle the ball. He's a turnover machine on the dribble.

We don't have anything outside of George off the bench. If multiple players have bad offensive nights (like tonight Pack, Joseph, Omier), we are toast.

Bottom line, bad defensive team, and zero bench give very little leeway for individual bad nights.
Very solid post. Sad but true. Coach L needs to be more hands on with this team until we see some positive changes.

Just a bad loss. Period. Yes guys are hurt. But still. I’m not liking the body language.

Louisville played with 7 scholarship players (including Danilo). They are plain awful.

You don’t lose home games to terrible teams. Said previously, I don’t think we are as good as many (including myself) expected.

This team has me down real bad.

Just didn't think we'd be this pathetic.

My disappointment level is high.

Staring another loss right in the face @VT. How does 2-3 start in ACC play sound?

Coach L is a legend, but he is doing a terrible job with this group. Maybe he can get them to play more consistent, but this team is mentally and physically soft.

Advertisement
This team has me down real bad.

Just didn't think we'd be this pathetic.

My disappointment level is high.

Staring another loss right in the face @VT. How does 2-3 start in ACC play sound?

Coach L is a legend, but he is doing a terrible job with this group. Maybe he can get them to play more consistent, but this team is mentally and physically soft.
You don't have the depth. Six guys, maybe seven Coach L can count on...someone else said it, they needed another two from portal and weren't able to do that...a good team but definitely not great...

Animal House Drinking GIF

Advertisement
Personally I’d say it was more Pack who played too much tonight. Bens is a glue guy who gives you defense. If Pack isn’t scoring, he’s a net (-) and he only had 6 tonight on 2-11 shooting.
benz is 4-20 last couple games.. with some bad turnovers, aint enough glue right now to keep us soo small on court.

Don’t see any real leaders. Omier? Maybe. Pack? Too cerebral. Wooga? Too nice. Benz? Not a floor general. Matt? Hasn’t played enough with the others to be a candidate.

We looked beyond soft on the court yesterday.

Advertisement
I completely agree L has his work cut out for himself from a strategic, game planning perspective but this team, for lack of a better phrase, needs a f***ing attitude adjustment.

The worst P5 team in the country just came into our gym and whooped us. Big bad Norchad got bullied by a nobody. Wooga can’t make his famed pull up jumper to save his life. Pack is hurting us in a big way if he isnt hitting 3’s. Those 3 better wake up. Cleveland is our best player. Theyre not NBA bound college stars right now. Theyre good players on an average college basketball team.

I really thought this team was headed in the right direction after Clemson and Wake games but wow, this was a slap in the face.

George should be playing 30+ minutes. I dont care if he turns it over a couple times and air balls a 3. He offers WAY too much upside not to be on the court.

We giving up like 90, he might wanna flip the switch..
Who might want to flip the switch, Bensley? C'mon now, tough to lay the blame on the only player in a Miami uniform who can slide his feet from baseline to baseline. Bensley is a very good on the ball defender. Only guy who does a good job of defending his yard.

Advertisement
Back