MIAMI looking absolutely gorgeous

All of that sounds great until they start looking at our record of failure over the last seventeen years. We need wins now, not
snapshots of the past.

Agree with you buy why did Nebraska clean up in recruiting this cycle? They were worse than us by a mile.

Advertisement
If we were competing about which is city is the most beautiful we’d get a lot more elite players. Sadly it’s not. Are u not from Miami?

I still think we need our own stadium that's closer to campus and not so cavernous, but this is impressive:

EP0NiDRX0AAPqNJ

Last edited:
Advertisement

Probably depends on how you define "recent". The fact that we still get significant national interest when we're even remotely decent or appear to be on the way "back" (for the 1000th time) probably would allow you to make the comparison of us and SC starting in the 80's until now rather than just saying they were better not as long ago during that Leinart/Bush run.

Miami city/county/NFL put together (again) a great show last night... the local economy the winner along with Miami's look.
Now does that city swag get parlayed to create winning football teams? If I had to choose I'd take the pride of a National Championship over a one night stand any day.

THE U has about 11,000 students....

UF, FSU, Bama, Clemson, LSU etc.... they have from 70,000 to 100,000 students....

Not only do these "State schools" get heavy STATE funding support.... but these schools have by mathematics A LOT MORE donations and wealthy parents/alumni contributing to the schools and football programs...

Miami NEEDS EVERY OUNCE OF JUICE IT CAN GET to bring attention and attraction to the recruits.

So pointing out the CITY or the PR that was masterfully pulled off this week is important because as a TINY ***KING SCHOOL... we need all the help we can get.
How far up your *** did you pull those absurdly wrong numbers?

Advertisement
Athens is a schithole. I would never let my son go to UGA either. That diploma is laughed at anywhere outside of Ga.
Can't remember a single time I've ever heard a UGA degree disrespected in the state of Florida other than rivalry banter. I have worked with many people who are Georgia natives, UGA undergrad, or UGA law. Highly respected degrees in this state.

Even a thread about how gorgeous the city of Miami is presenting on SB night leads to hoardes of mopes eagerly running to vomit their negativity all over it. Smh
Honestly I think we're all just tired of the same crap that fields crappy results on...well, the field. Even Richt was doing the dab on the beach tweeting #Paradise and naming camps after it and promoting it on TV. Just like Baez and Banda always tweeting about the weather.
Yet over numerous staffs and multiple versions of "Paradise" we constantly flop on the field, where it matters.
Yes the Super Bowl is great and brings a lot of specific attention to the area but it does kinda feel like, here we go again.

Boy oh boy the city is looking amazing today. All of the shots look like postcards, the weather is perfect, the atmosphere is electric.

Can help but think how much this helps us sell the program to kids around the country.

Plus it doesnt hurt that we had the Re"U"nion, JJ and Edge get into the HOF, and Calais winning the Walter Payton award.
Yeah, rah-rah shish-kum-bah ... I'll take 10-11 wins any given day over all the great hype.

Honestly I think we're all just tired of the same crap that fields crappy results on...well, the field. Even Richt was doing the dab on the beach tweeting #Paradise and naming camps after it and promoting it on TV. Just like Baez and Banda always tweeting about the weather.
Yet over numerous staffs and multiple versions of "Paradise" we constantly flop on the field, where it matters.
Yes the Super Bowl is great and brings a lot of specific attention to the area but it does kinda feel like, here we go again.
Sure, I of course feel the same frustration. But considering every negative point has been made at least 55x on dozens of other threads, does it need to be said AGAIN on this thread? We can't have ANY threads where we discuss a Miami-related topic without the same negative spins put on it that have been put on every other thread? That was where my angst came from, not because I think the fact Miami presented really well last night means the last 15 years are washed and "We back!".

Advertisement
Most prospects are looking for the most direct, and fastest line to the NFL...
They do not in many cases give a sh^^ what town it take to get them there, or what degree is offered.
The key is access to the Bigs, and $$$$$'s.

UGA also demolishes MIA in numerous categories, particularly those relating to Medicine, Law, and Public & International Affairs. He's just extremely biased towards Finance/Wall St & NYC, so he usually lacks objectivity when it comes to this subject. Smh

Medicine? Depends on the specialty.

UGA also demolishes MIA in numerous categories, particularly those relating to Medicine, Law, and Public & International Affairs. He's just extremely biased towards Finance/Wall St & NYC, so he usually lacks objectivity when it comes to this subject. Smh
I don't know enough about medicine.

As to law, they aren't radically different, but UGA is better. You're better off with a UM law degree in South Florida, but outside of Florida, UGA is the better degree (although again, I would not say by leaps and bounds).

The last one is not even a question. UGA is near the top in that regard.

Advertisement
@BeastMode Athens GA is one of the best little cities around. UGA is a very good school and the campus is top notch. it is a great place to spend your college years at. I have been to several games there and the college experience there all day before the game is awesome. If you want the city, Atlanta is only an 1 1/2 drive. It is not the same city as Miami, true. I love Miami and the U is my school. but don't knock down Athens and UGA. place is killer.
UGA sucks. Now go do more push ups , Herschel....

UGA sucks. Now go do more push ups , Herschel....
I am so sick of Georgia people acting like that entire state isn't an embarrassment to the nation. Guess what, nobody cares about Athens Ga. , and nobody wants to live there. Georgia is not considered cool outside of Georgia, BY ANYBODY!

Nice points but we still suck. Kids don't have that mamba attitude to work hard for something anymore. Back in the day kids took a chance on us bc we sold them a dream to come. They made Miami great again but then we hit the low low and now we need another coach to sell an even bigger dream.

Advertisement
Back