MIAMI looking absolutely gorgeous

Advertisement
@BeastMode Athens GA is one of the best little cities around. UGA is a very good school and the campus is top notch. it is a great place to spend your college years at. I have been to several games there and the college experience there all day before the game is awesome. If you want the city, Atlanta is only an 1 1/2 drive. It is not the same city as Miami, true. I love Miami and the U is my school. but don't knock down Athens and UGA. place is killer.

Athens is a schithole. I would never let my son go to UGA either. That diploma is laughed at anywhere outside of Ga.

Sometimes I get the impression that there are people on this board who never want to see us succeed so they can keep pointing out how miserable we are.

Let me know when Tuscaloosa, Tallahassee, Gainesville, Athens, or Clemson hosts a Super Bowl on the national stage so I can compare reactions.

BINGO!

It doesn’t do **** for recruiting. Kids want to play for winners. They go live in Athens Georgia, Tuscaloosa Alabama, Ohio, South Carolina etc....

The weather and city **** is so overplayed

Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 9.46.48 PM.png

Advertisement
Imma be honest fellas; these kids can care less about these things; they wanna be kids and worshipped. They like the college town experience, but more importantly, above all else.....they wanna win & make it to the NFL (not barely make it, but make it). SC have tried to sell the beaches, Santa Monica, Hollywood, Night Clubs, Stars, etc. When SC was winning, those were perks, but now? It’s whatever.

I feel what u sayin, OP....but brody, we’ve been taking about the same chit for 16 yrs. The city, the city, the city. The city is beautiful, but need more than that. We need those W’s to add substance to the beauty, and uniqueness of Miami.

Advertisement
THE U has about 11,000 students....

UF, FSU, Bama, Clemson, LSU etc.... they have from 70,000 to 100,000 students....

Not only do these "State schools" get heavy STATE funding support.... but these schools have by mathematics A LOT MORE donations and wealthy parents/alumni contributing to the schools and football programs...

Miami NEEDS EVERY OUNCE OF JUICE IT CAN GET to bring attention and attraction to the recruits.

So pointing out the CITY or the PR that was masterfully pulled off this week is important because as a TINY ***KING SCHOOL... we need all the help we can get.

UF, FSU, Bama, Clemson, LSU etc.... they have from 70,000 to 100,000 students....

Not only do these "State schools" get heavy STATE funding support.... but these schools have by mathematics A LOT MORE donations and wealthy parents/alumni contributing to the schools and football programs...

Miami NEEDS EVERY OUNCE OF JUICE IT CAN GET to bring attention and attraction to the recruits.

So pointing out the CITY or the PR that was masterfully pulled off this week is important because as a TINY ***KING SCHOOL... we need all the help we can get.
NO.

Clemson -- 24000 students
Alabama - 38000 "
UF - 56000 "
FSU. - 41600. "

haven't looked up the rest.

Last edited:
Advertisement
UGA also demolishes MIA in numerous categories, particularly those relating to Medicine, Law, and Public & International Affairs. He's just extremely biased towards Finance/Wall St & NYC, so he usually lacks objectivity when it comes to this subject. Smh
Find that a bit much. Not an expert on either school, not an expert on those fields except maybe law. Neither UM nor Georgia is considered a "national" school in law.

I believe UM's Bascom-Palmer Institute is considered elite in ophthamalogy, perhaps number one in world.

Don't know about other areas of medicine. Are you talking about the Medical College of Georgia?

International Affairs? Many years ago UM was top-notch in Soviet Studies because they had Foy Kohler and Moise Harvey on the faculty. Richard Perle, former national security staff for Sen. Henry Jackson and later top arms control official at Reagan DOD told me about the quality of the UM institute on Soviet affairs with which these two were affiliated. Now, this was many years ago, the early '70's.

Don't know about now.

I'm not aware of any fields in which UGa is distinguished. But that's just me. I might not know.

I just don't believe people are laughing at UGa degree.

I had a friend with a UM MBA in finance and he always complained to me it was worthless. I worked in a big Wall Street law firm for a while, not finance or investment banking, but I'm guessing neither degree will get you far on Wall Street when you have to compete with the top national MBA schools.

The big Wall Street law firms were very degree conscious and I never saw UM or UGa law graduates that I remember. Mostly NYU, Columbia, Harvard, Yale, Michigan, and some others (Georgetown, UVa, Chicago). There were a few from Boston Univ., Tulane, Fordham, Brooklyn, that I remember among the non-elite schools. Usually, a person or two would get in from those schools, make partner, and they'd start bringing in more.

Find that a bit much. Not an expert on either school, not an expert on those fields except maybe law. Neither UM nor Georgia is considered a "national" school in law.

I believe UM's Bascom-Palmer Institute is considered elite in ophthamalogy, perhaps number one in world.

Don't know about other areas of medicine. Are you talking about the Medical College of Georgia?

International Affairs? Many years ago UM was top-notch in Soviet Studies because they had Foy Kohler and Moise Harvey on the faculty. Richard Perle, former national security staff for Sen. Henry Jackson and later top arms control official at Reagan DOD told me about the quality of the UM institute on Soviet affairs with which these two were affiliated. Now, this was many years ago, the early '70's.

Don't know about now.

I'm not aware of any fields in which UGa is distinguished. But that's just me. I might not know.

I just don't believe people are laughing at UGa degree.

I had a friend with a UM MBA in finance and he always complained to me it was worthless. I worked in a big Wall Street law firm for a while, not finance or investment banking, but I'm guessing neither degree will get you far on Wall Street when you have to compete with the top national MBA schools.

The big Wall Street law firms were very degree conscious and I never saw UM or UGa law graduates that I remember. Mostly NYU, Columbia, Harvard, Yale, Michigan, and some others (Georgetown, UVa, Chicago). There were a few from Boston Univ., Tulane, Fordham, Brooklyn, that I remember among the non-elite schools. Usually, a person or two would get in from those schools, make partner, and they'd start bringing in more.

There is an astronomical difference between UGA's Law School & MIA's. UGA Law school is currently ranked top 30 in the country. Yes, it may not be on par with Yale or other private universities, but it is still rock solid when you compare it to other public Law schools. For Medicine I was talking about the sub disciplines within the field, since UGA does not have a standalone Medical school. UGA ranks high for programs in Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, & Public Health. It also has top 5 undergraduate programs in both Real Estate & Risk Mgmt/Insurance. Its School of Public & International Affairs is a top 5 school in the entire country. Which makes perfect sense because many of those graduates end up going to Law school afterwards.

The bottomline is it is asinine for anyone to suggest that UGA cannot compete with MIA academically. The only individuals who try to advance that type of horse **** narrative are delusional UM alumni who frequent this forum 24/7. Because as I alluded to in this post not only can UGA compete academically, but many of its academic programs actually surpass MIA in many key fields/areas. Besides GA.Tech & UGA, the state of GA also has GA.State that is underrated academically. Its grad school programs relating to Public Affairs, Law, & Education are some of the best in the country.

Last edited:
Advertisement

All the Friday night stuff.....UM cheerleaders and band were very visible...this is the type of publicity money can't buy and it continued all the way through (Calais Campbell, Greg Olsen, JJ, you name it) until everything was over.

Advertisement
Back