MIAMI looking absolutely gorgeous

JOE'CANE

Senior
Boy oh boy the city is looking amazing today. All of the shots look like postcards, the weather is perfect, the atmosphere is electric.

Can help but think how much this helps us sell the program to kids around the country.

Plus it doesnt hurt that we had the Re"U"nion, JJ and Edge get into the HOF, and Calais winning the Walter Payton award.

Advertisement
Boy oh boy the city is looking amazing today. All of the shots look like postcards, the weather is perfect, the atmosphere is electric.

Can help but think how much this helps us sell the program to kids around the country.

Plus it doesnt hurt that we had the Re"U"nion, JJ and Edge get into the HOF, and Calais winning the Walter Payton award.

It doesn’t do **** for recruiting. Kids want to play for winners. They go live in Athens Georgia, Tuscaloosa Alabama, Ohio, South Carolina etc....

The weather and city **** is so overplayed

Advertisement
All of that sounds great until they start looking at our record of failure over the last seventeen years. We need wins now, not
snapshots of the past.

What's being shown on TV is about how great and beautiful Miami is as a city at this very moment. In addition, it shows how much publicity and relevancy on a national scale the program has RIGHT NOW.

Sometimes I get the impression that there are people on this board who never want to see us succeed so they can keep pointing out how miserable we are.

Let me know when Tuscaloosa, Tallahassee, Gainesville, Athens, or Clemson hosts a Super Bowl on the national stage so I can compare reactions.

It doesn’t do **** for recruiting. Kids want to play for winners. They go live in Athens Georgia, Tuscaloosa Alabama, Ohio, South Carolina etc....

Bruh ur a bitter **** arent you? If your telling me all of this publicity doesnt atleast slightly help our sales pitch your letting your stank attitude blind you.

Last edited:
i'm sure college kids care??????????????????????

maybe they'll care about the graphic a purdue player has played in 21 straight superbowls.

Advertisement

@BeastMode Athens GA is one of the best little cities around. UGA is a very good school and the campus is top notch. it is a great place to spend your college years at. I have been to several games there and the college experience there all day before the game is awesome. If you want the city, Atlanta is only an 1 1/2 drive. It is not the same city as Miami, true. I love Miami and the U is my school. but don't knock down Athens and UGA. place is killer.

Bruh ur bitter **** arent you? If your telling all of this publicity doesnt atleast slightly help our sales pitch your letting your stank attitude blind you.

Miami always has the publicity, always has the weather, **** LeBron and Wade used to come to basketball games and we still couldn’t even land Alex Collins. When y’all going to realize that these kids want to play for championship and/or collect a big bag. Until miami is doing those things, the rest doesn’t really matter.

@BeastMode Athens GA is one of the best little cities around. UGA is a very good school and the campus is top notch. it is a great place to spend your college years at. I have been to several games and the college experience there all day before the game is awesome. IF you want the city, Atlanta is only an 1 1/2 drive. It is not the same city as Miami, true. I love Miami and the U is my school. but don't knock down Athens and UGA. place is killer.

I’m saying to doesn’t compare to what the original posters is trying to say matters to these kids. It’s been proven over and over again, the big city doesn’t really sale anything. This day and age, these kids want to win, get developed for the NFL and get paid. Miami hasn’t been doing much of any of that for 15 years, but yeah the weather is amazing today.

Advertisement
Miami always has the publicity, always has the weather, **** LeBron and Wade used to come to basketball games and we still couldn’t even land Alex Collins. When y’all going to realize that these kids want to play for championship and/or collect a big bag. Until miami is doing those things, the rest doesn’t really matter.
You keep missing the point. No **** Miami needs to win, just saying that all of these external factors help sell the univesity and the city geeezzz.

Advertisement

Agree. The weather stuff is a nice bonus when you're winning—but as a standalone doesn't mean jack.

Athens may be a cow pasture and Tuscaloosa just another podunk town in the south—but football reigns supreme in both and is the lifeblood of the entire city.

Multimillion dollar facilities, undying fan support and an opportunity to literally be the biggest fish in a little pond—competing for conference titles, the Playoffs and national championships—THAT is what these kids care about.

Where the weather, the city and UM's brand actually do play; in regards to the Transfer Portal.

Where guys might not want to commit to 3-4 years at UM when the program is stuck in rebuild-mode—Miami as a one-year option; the city, the program, the lifestyle, the TV exposure, etc.—all seem very desirable for a shorter tenure.

Need to get back to winning ways, where nice weather and the Miami lifestyle are a bonus—'cause right now chamber of commerce weather and a nice looking NFL stadium ain't enough of a sales pitch to tomorrow's college football superstars.

Remember in 2017 when we had a winning season and College Gameday came down for the Notre Dame Game?

THAT, plus the huge victory that night at Hard Rock, was juice for the Program. Winning makes the difference. Nothing else.

That stuff is all peripheral. It will help once we’re winning and be our competitive advantage, but we have to put a good product on the field first or else it’s irrelevant.

Advertisement
Back