2022 Miami is now #5 in the nation in avg. player ranking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Clemson took this quality over quantity approach and that is why they were not able to maintain all the momentum they had generated.
You're kidding right.

You'd rather load up on low 3 stars like Richt did with Fines, Loftus, Kennedy, etc., instead of signing as many highly rated kids as we can and the going to the portal to get proven battle tested kids?

Clemson took this quality over quantity approach and that is why they were not able to maintain all the momentum they had generated.
he is right on this point. they took smaller classes quite a few cycles if I recall. but its not black and white. the class is small because Manny didn't recruit. Mario just got here. he might have take a few lower 4 star or high 3 star types if he had time to evaluate. why would he fill up all these spaces and tie his hands next year. I am not down on Mario like he is..just that you can't take small classes every year.

Advertisement
Because I am right and he is wrong. If we land all those kids we will no longer have the 4th best recruiting average.

Player (247 Composite Rating)

Shemar Stewart (99.42)
Josh Connerly (98.84)

Trevonte Citizen (95.33)
Dave Iuli (92.35)
Jahlil Florence (91.97)
Gracen Halton (90.57)

Mason Thomas (88.70)
Ahmed Moten (87.49)
Jack Pyburn (84.77)

If we land those guys, we'd have a class average of 92.41 (currently at 92.65) and remain in the top 5 for recruiting average.

Shemar Stewart (99.42)
Josh Connerly (98.84)

Trevonte Citizen (95.33)
Dave Iuli (92.35)
Jahlil Florence (91.97)
Gracen Halton (90.57)

Mason Thomas (88.70)
Ahmed Moten (87.49)
Jack Pyburn (84.77)

If we land those guys, we'd have a class average of 92.41 (currently at 92.65) and remain in the top 5 for recruiting average.
come on...not landing the top 3 on that list. pay attention to the national recruiting guys. connerly to Miami is the least likely of his choices, Shamar not coming is so obvious to me but not guys on the board. I have been following this too long to fall for it.

Shemar Stewart (99.42)
Josh Connerly (98.84)

Trevonte Citizen (95.33)
Dave Iuli (92.35)
Jahlil Florence (91.97)
Gracen Halton (90.57)

Mason Thomas (88.70)
Ahmed Moten (87.49)
Jack Pyburn (84.77)

ya no schit. ANyone can pick and choose random kids to maintain our recruiting average lmao. I am saying realistically. If we land 9 kids. We are going to plummet. Anyone that wants to place a band bet in disagreement can respond here.

Reactions: jsy
No I would like us to have a good amount of highly ranked kids.
Of course, but we can't sign (25) 5 stars. Who do we fill out the roster with?

There is usually a reason a kid is a 3 star and it's because there's question marks about their talent. With the 3 and done and the time it takes to develop a lot of kids we need to be more selective. No more plethora of projects?

Advertisement
Yes those are my true colors. I think he is a corch. No need to document it, I have said it numerous times on here.

Not being a big fan of "your" team's new head coaching hire is one thing, literally calling him names and making sarcastic references about him to those who support him when he's only been on the job a month and has done nothing but hit it out of the park in the early stages just makes you a wretched POS who is the definition of the problem. With fans like you, who needs Gators? So done with you. I'm sure I speak for many. Oh, and you're still wrong.

Angry Go Away GIF by SuccessionHBO

come on...not landing the top 3 on that list. pay attention to the national recruiting guys. connerly to Miami is the least likely of his choices, Shamar not coming is so obvious to me but not guys on the board. I have been following this too long to fall for it.

If we don't land the top one (Stewart), Mario is going to lose a bunch of fans before his first season lol.

That one is a must get.

Reactions: jsy
Not being a big fan of "your" team's new head coaching hire is one thing, literally calling him names and making sarcastic references about him to those who support him when he's only been on the job a month and has done nothing but hit it out of the park in the early stages just makes you a wretched POS who is the definition of the problem. With fans like you, who needs Gators? So done with you. I'm sure I speak for many. Oh, and you're still wrong.

Angry Go Away GIF by SuccessionHBO
If I am wrong, you should have no problem taking the bet, but you know I am right.

LMAO!!! at calling what he is doing "hitting it out of the park". You are the type of guy that thinks getting promoted from dish washer to cashier operator is a home run.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Actually you have no idea where we will rank because both us and the other teams in the rankings will be adding and losing recruits all the way to the end.

Shemar and Conerly are both right around 99's alone, and Christian Miller and TreVonte Citizen are both between a 95 and a 96. So if we landed them all (and I am not saying we are going to), we would be able to add ANOTHER four kids with an average of around 87ish (that's like the 600th ranked kid) and still maintain the avg we have as I sit and type this. More likely of course is we don't get all of those studs, but also don't add kids anywhere near as low as 600. So everything regresses to the mean (aka the currently avg which you incorrectly think we can't possibly maintain).

So we could add as many as eight more HS kids that we are currently involved with while probably not dropping much if any at all. Actually, 9 as Dave Luli is ranked right around where our average is. We COULD even rise.

Careful about making absolute statements when the situation is malleable, it's pretty wild how often that can blow up in your face.

Also, he was right and you were wrong.
When I first joined the site this guy was defending Dan Mullen and I knew it would be a good investment to put him on ignore. Has worked out for me all these years.

Yea that’s not true

Let's hope we land him but if you've been around at all, you have to know there will be a meltdown if he picks otherwise.

I'll be one of the people melting down. There is zero excuse for missing on Stewart. Miss me with the "he's only been here a month" talk. Stewart has been interested in Miami for the entire cycle... and we're paying this guy $8mm to close.

So he has to close. No if's, and's, or butts.

If I am wrong, you should have no problem taking the bet, but you know I am right.

LMAO!!! at calling what he is doing "hitting it out of the park". You are the type of guy that thinks getting promoted from dish washer to cashier operator is a home run.

Well, there you go again lol, making assumptions that could (and would) blow up in your face. You are really, really not good at this. Must be that Gainesville education. If that's how you need to see me in your head to think you survived this, so be it. I'll call it mercy. There are actually quite a few people on here who would probably offer you a different vision of who I am, based on a very long thread you obviously aren't privy to. Maybe one or two of them are even replying to your posts right in here.

Oh, and btw, if some kid started out way down at the bottom handling the dishes and worked his way up to handling the money on his own at one of my businesses, I'd identify him as someone with a lot of potential and I'd look to make sure he was being mentored for further advancement. Bring me 100 home runs just like him. You on the other hand, wouldn't last three minutes in the interview. You're a really easy read and a sad tomato.

When I first joined the site this guy was defending Dan Mullen and I knew it would be a good investment to put him on ignore. Has worked out for me all these years.

For real? Think he's an actual Gator? Sure smells like one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back