2022 Miami is now #5 in the nation in avg. player ranking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this recruiting class rate very high in average player rating? YES
Is this average skewed by its relatively small size? YES
Will the average drop as Miami adds a few more recruits? YES
Does it matter? NO

Is Mario kicking *** on the recruiting trail, only one month into his tenure? YES
Should Cane fans appreciate Mario salvaging this recruiting class? YES

Do the above questions sum up the thread? YES

Are porsters going to porst anything negative over and over again and ignore any good news? HECK YES

Advertisement
Because I am right and he is wrong. If we land all those kids we will no longer have the 4th best recruiting average.

Actually you have no idea where we will rank because both us and the other teams in the rankings will be adding and losing recruits all the way to the end.

Shemar and Conerly are both right around 99's alone, and Christian Miller and TreVonte Citizen are both between a 95 and a 96. So if we landed them all (and I am not saying we are going to), we would be able to add ANOTHER four kids with an average of around 87ish (that's like the 600th ranked kid) and still maintain the avg we have as I sit and type this. More likely of course is we don't get all of those studs, but also don't add kids anywhere near as low as 600. So everything regresses to the mean (aka the currently avg which you incorrectly think we can't possibly maintain).

So we could add as many as eight more HS kids that we are currently involved with while probably not dropping much if any at all. Actually, 9 as Dave Luli is ranked right around where our average is. We COULD even rise.

Careful about making absolute statements when the situation is malleable, it's pretty wild how often that can blow up in your face.

Also, he was right and you were wrong.

Why would I wait until LOI day to respond to this thread, that was posted a month before LOI day? If we actually do end up signing a reasonably sized class we are going to plummet in the avg recruit rating.

We'll still be in the second tier in RPP, somewhere in the 6-9 range with the OU's, LSU's, and ND's of the world.
Not exactly a plummet.

Actually you have no idea where we will rank because both us and the other teams in the rankings will be adding and losing recruits all the way to the end.

Shemar and Conerly are both right around 99's alone, and Christian Miller and TreVonte Citizen are both between a 95 and a 96. So if we landed them all (and I am not saying we are going to), we would be able to add ANOTHER four kids with an average of around 87ish (that's like the 600th ranked kid) and still maintain the avg we have as I sit and type this. More likely of course is we don't get all of those studs, but also don't add kids anywhere near as low as 600. So everything regresses to the mean (aka the currently avg which you incorrectly think we can't possibly maintain).

So we could add as many as eight more HS kids that we are currently involved with while probably not dropping much if any at all. Actually, 9 as Dave Luli is ranked right around where our average is. We COULD even rise.

Careful about making absolute statements when the situation is malleable, it's pretty wild how often that can blow up in your face.

Also, he was right and you were wrong.
Actually I have a pretty good idea about where we would rank based on who other teams are trying to land and how many spots they have open. My statement remains correct. If we end up signing a reasonably large class we will drop far below the 4th highest recruiting average. Since you seem to be so sure of yourself do you want to place a ban bet? That we don't end up with the 4th highest ranked class by average, if we sign over 19 kids?

Actually I have a pretty good idea about where we would rank based on who other teams are trying to land and how many spots they have open. My statement remains correct. If we end up signing a reasonably large class we will drop far below the 4th highest recruiting average. Since you seem to be so sure of yourself do you want to place a ban bet? That we don't end up with the 4th highest ranked class by average, if we sign over 19 kids?

We aren't going to sign 9+ more HS players. 2-5 is realistic. And guys with huge senior seasons like Harris and Pyburn could be re-ranked

Advertisement
Advertisement
A ban bet lol. Are you 5 years old? Boy, that'll show 'em you've got guts.

We have arguments over a class that was in the 60’s not too long ago. And at worst we’ll finish In the 20’s when it’s all said and done. With a really good average. All this done by one guy stepping on campus a month ago.

How does one even bring negativity to this thread? Oh never mind lol.

You can't lose out on recruits like this if you're not even part of the conversation. Mario has Miami involved with a ton of recruits in no time.

He'll probably announce a badass offensive coordinator, then use that to sign 1-2 awesome receivers in the portal, and then we won't give a shot about losing this kid. Then I'll bump this.

Advertisement

First of all we're not signing 19 HS kids. We need portal room. The fact that you would try to engineer a bet where it's only on if an extreme version of the event occurs which favors your opinion is... well, commendable. But you're going to need to find a sucker to take that one. You missed the mark when you tried to size me up.

Secondly you've gone from "reasonably sized class" to "reasonably large class" lol. Moving the old goalposts, eh? Again, you should check the water depth before you dive in.

Third of all you said that if we landed "2 five-stars, around 8 four-stars, and 2 or 3 three-stars" that our recruiting average would "plummet." So I went and spent five minutes and did the math.

The average 5 star has a .9942 rating (2)
The average 4 star has a .9366 rating (8)
The 3 stars go on forever, and Mario isn't signing the 1200th ranked kid, so I used the .873 rating of the 600th kid in the rankings - probably still too low as they start at #377 (2).

Guess what? Those 12 kids on their own would have a .9355 avg rating, and SAY, WHAT DO YOU KNOW, THEY WOULD ACTUALLY RAISE OUR CLASS AVERAGE. So no, our average would not "plummet." Wrong again.

Ok I've grown bored with this. Kind of sad that you would try to engineer some mental gymnastics to tear down the incredible job Mario is doing, but there's all kinds out there. Have a great evening. Go Canes.

Advertisement
the class is obviously high quality but way too small. not complaining as it is Manny's fault. they will add a few guys and it will be acceptable but don't expect 2 five stars,..

First of all we're not signing 19 HS kids. The fact that you would try to engineer a bet where it's only on if an extreme version of the event occurs which favors your opinion is... well, commendable. But you're going to need to find a sucker to take that one. You missed the mark when you tried to size me up.

Secondly you've gone from "reasonably sized class" to "reasonably large class" lol. Moving the old goalposts, eh? Again, you should check the water depth before you dive in.

Third of all you said that if we landed "2 five-stars, around 8 four-stars, and 2 or 3 three-stars" that our recruiting average would "plummet." So I went and spent five minutes and did the math.

The average 5 star has a .9942 rating (2)
The average 4 star has a .9366 rating (8)
The 3 stars go on forever, and Mario isn't signing the 1200th ranked kid, so I used the .9366 rating of the 600th kid in the rankings (probably still too low as they start at #377 (2).

Guess what? Those 12 kids on their own would have a .9355 avg rating, and SAY, WHAT DO YOU KNOW, THEY WOULD ACTUALLY RAISE OUR CLASS AVERAGE. So no, our average would not "plummet." Wrong again.

Ok I've grown bored with this. Kind of sad that you would try to engineer some mental gymnastics to tear down the incredible job Coach is doing, but there's all kinds out there. Have a great evening. Go Canes.
I didn't miss the mark. I sized you up perfectly. 19 is not a reasonably large class. 19 is a very reasonably sized class.

The only one moving the old goal posts is you, since you got called out for slurping on Mario, but don't have the balls to actually put your account on the line.

Incredible job? Now I know I sized you up perfectly. You are a perennial underachiever. Who thinks any sort of effort is commendable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back