Miami inches closer to indoor facility

Advertisement
Can't see Donna telling a donor not to build a practice facility. Blake said this has been on his radar for 1.5 years... That means Donna was around for that. Old narrative. Time to move forward. All the same movements would have taken place if Donna were still here. This is more about the BOT than her. She hired Blake and paved the way for all this.

Can't see Donna telling a donor not to build a practice facility. Blake said this has been on his radar for 1.5 years... That means Donna was around for that. Old narrative. Time to move forward. All the same movements would have taken place if Donna were still here. This is more about the BOT than her. She hired Blake and paved the way for all this.

No they wouldn't have, have you seen our coaching salary budget since she has been here or why our facilities weren't up to par with the other prestigious programs. Shalala underfunded the football team and you are being naive to think she didn't. Richt saying and pressing the need for a IPF had more credibility and importance than a guy like golden if he echoed those words. This was one of the things richt wanted when he considered taking the job and he let that be known from the get go. He fought like **** to get a IPF at uga

Last edited:

tumblr_nf7kp2ThIL1qdlh1io1_500.gif

Advertisement
It's mildly amusing (in a very shallow way) to see people comment with great conviction on their knowledge of how the University works...especially who has the authority to do what and who was holding the program back...

I know...i know...i'm pouring gas on the fire here...I was just in a mood to bang on the side of the cage I suppose...

High school in Texas just had a 63 million dollar stadium approved.

28 million dollar is a lot for a practice facility. That's more than 90 percent of the schools have spent on ipfs

For instance uga new indoor practice facility is the most expensive one I have seen so far is 30 million. Most sec schools spent there's in the 10-17 million dollar range

By the time we have the inevitable cost overruns ours will cost $32M.

Advertisement
This is really exciting news and another sign that there is a true commitment to winning.

My only question is, where are they going to build it? Are they going to take the IM fields away behind the towers? Last time I was on campus I don't recall there being a lot of extra space for a full size IPF around the Hecht center.

$28M? Wtf gona be built outa gold.
I built (165 mph rated) 200'x 270' indoor equestrian arena w/ high end sports lighting, acoustics, site electric/plumbing, and new restroom bldg for $2.3M.
Shouldn't be more than $5M

It's mildly amusing (in a very shallow way) to see people comment with great conviction on their knowledge of how the University works...especially who has the authority to do what and who was holding the program back...

I know...i know...i'm pouring gas on the fire here...I was just in a mood to bang on the side of the cage I suppose...

Everyone knows everything here and has always had the solutions to our problems. It's too bad though that none of the well compensated powers that be listened or perhaps they'd still have jobs.

Brock, ypu say this is more expensive than 90 percent of the IPF's planned or in existence. Can you provide anything to back that claim?

Advertisement
Some people really think we don't need this? Pro day was humiliating and a disaster for our prospects, and yes we have had a lot of practices cancelled or cut short, I don't follow the other 125+ programs to know how often they are able to practice but I'd be willing to bet our practice time has been cut shorter then most. Besides it's just not a good look to not have one in this day and age, even some G5 teams have really nice IPFs.

Doesn't mean UM is getting more. Most areas don't have the building codes that S. Fl has that increase building costs.

You are one of the first people to make any sense on this sight and others. A bunch of people who don't know **** and try and pass their opinions as facts.

Advertisement
$28M? Wtf gona be built outa gold.
I built (165 mph rated) 200'x 270' indoor equestrian arena w/ high end sports lighting, acoustics, site electric/plumbing, and new restroom bldg for $2.3M.
Shouldn't be more than $5M

I've been meaning to talk to you about that. We had wind gusts here the other night topping out at around 17mph and the facility you built me collapsed upon itself faster than a 4th quarter Donofrio defense. Killed my youngest son and a couple quarter horses I was hoping to race at 3rd rate tracks/pari-mutuel facilties across the South. I can survive without the kid but you're going to have to reimburse me for the horses.

This is definitely a top 10 worthy worst post in Canesinsight history.

Everyone knows everything here and has always had the solutions to our problems. It's too bad though that none of the well compensated powers that be listened or perhaps they'd still have jobs.

Brock, ypu say this is more expensive than 90 percent of the IPF's planned or in existence. Can you provide anything to back that claim?

From the research I did, it looks like he's right if you take in consideration All of the SEC (excluding UGA who's cost is on par w us); All of the ACC, and majority of the PAC 12 (exceptions being Utah and Oregon)

The Big 10 have spent big money on football "complexes" but for the schools that have a separate IPF, they range between $12-26.4m (Michigan was the most expensive there)

Our cost is not egregious, especially for the land value, and what it'll be used for. If we were in Bama or Mississippi, pretty sure the cost would be more less $11-12m.

It had been mentioned by nfl alums that they had to donate money to the school. Not football specific. Then donna decided who gets the money which of course the medical dept

Advertisement
Back