Miami/Fsu Game Thread 1/17/24

Advertisement
FSU has our number right now, maybe it's the way their roster is constructed, but L has been unable to figure out a way to cancel out their size.

bad loss.

we’ll see what happens with the rest of the season but it’s not looking great. .500 in the ACC is never a bad place to be, but the conference is “down” again, so it’ll take us going on a run to make it to NCAAT

we’ll see if they give up.

too many missed FTs. fsu played very well. valiant comeback, fell short because of the missed free throws and poor decision making.

Advertisement
Pathetic. How FSU continues to own miami in basketball just boggles my mind. All their bigs are hitting FTs. Omier can't buy a FT. Wooga can't hit a 1 and 1...where the **** was cleveland tonight? Appreciate him ruining my trip to Miami last season with his garbage half court heave and then this game he completely chokes

Back to back awful home losses. If something doesn’t change, we’re staring the NIT in the face.
Have you seen the February schedule? This team is NIT bound. We needed to finish January 8-2 in conference at worst. We’re 3-3 with 4 games left.

We're clearly on the bubble now, and we're in the "easy" part of the ACC schedule. If this doesn't turn around (which it obviously can), it's NIT for this team.
Lunardi had us out as of last week, first 4. This just pushes them further back. Not that he’s relevant, but we have bad blowout losses and now 2 bad ACC losses.

It’ll take a lot to change the season

Advertisement
Missed FTs are the difference between us winning this game and not.
It's weird, this team has been unable to hit FTs lately, and that's been the difference. If Miami merely shoots their season average from the line, Miami likely has 1-2 more conference wins right now. Is it fatigue? Is it a lack of focus? Whatever it is, this team has to figure it out and in a hurry. Can't afford to let this season get away from them.

bad loss.

we’ll see what happens with the rest of the season but it’s not looking great. .500 in the ACC is never a bad place to be, but the conference is “down” again, so it’ll take us going on a run to make it to NCAAT

too many missed FTs. fsu played very well. valiant comeback, fell short because of the missed free throws and poor decision making.
Miami is already showing up on the last 4 in on a few projections I've seen. This loss will push them back out of the dance. Feb schedule is brutal too. What a disappointing season so far. Have to think some of it is guys not fully healthy...pack omier and wooga and playing thru some injuries but wow

Last edited:
Missed FTs are the difference between us winning this game and not.
It’s no surprise we’re missing FT’s (especially Omier) when we’re playing guys with clear injuries and running them into the ground with 35+ minutes a game

This falls on L for building ZERO depth with this roster.

Tons of dead weight on the bench, mostly from the last 2 recruiting classes and it’s catching up to us now:
Watson (seemingly, I like his potential but L doesn’t)
Robinson
Nwoko
Casey
Djobet (seemingly as well)

Advertisement
Essentially the next 4 games are must win for Miami. The February schedule is brutal but ripe for good wins, but only if you make January count.

Lunardi had us out as of last week, first 4. This just pushes them further back. Not that he’s relevant, but we have bad blowout losses and now 2 bad ACC losses.

It’ll take a lot to change the season
FSU is likely to not be a bad loss by the end of the season. That said, Miami has a shot to get this one back up in Tallahassee. This team needs to get a run of wins going, figure out who they are. It's almost like this team is allergic to everyone going well at the same time, it hasn't happened in weeks. If Omier, Pack and Wooga are balling, Cleveland struggles. If Cleveland and Pack are going, Omier and Wooga look like crap. Tough to win when your top 4 can't get it together at the same time.

Advertisement
FSU beats us two years in a row at home? Yikes. I expected this one based on how we've been playing all night, so at least it's not as upsetting as Cleveland's game-winning shot last year.
That’s now 6 straight home losses to FSU. Ham has owned L, there’s no sugar coating it. Even during our best seasons they’ve given us fits.

bad loss.

500 in the ACC doesn’t sound bad on paper…

But we have 2 bad home losses, and our toughest stretch of ACC games is in February,

It’s no surprise we’re missing FT’s (especially Omier) when we’re playing guys with clear injuries and running them into the ground with 35+ minutes a game

This falls on L for building ZERO depth with this roster.

Tons of dead weight on the bench, mostly from the last 2 recruiting classes and it’s catching up to us now:
Watson (seemingly, I like his potential but L doesn’t)
Robinson
Nwoko
Casey
Djobet (seemingly as well)
It’s not all dead weight. It’s all potential that has yet, and might not ever, be realized.

I will once again welcome the hate for saying this. L and his staff cant develop bigs.

Advertisement
Back