Miami/Fsu Game Thread 1/17/24

These numbers stand out tonight.

20-30 from 2 .667
7-28 from 3 .250
Why do we keep jacking up 3's?

14-24 FT .583

Whipped on the offensive boards 15-10.

Whipped on points in the paint 52-34.

I know I sound like a broken record, but again, Ham coached circles around L.

Advertisement
what has happened to Watson? I don't understand why he isn't playing anymore. George is such a massive liability unless we are playing a game of horse.

Advertisement
It’s not all dead weight. It’s all potential that has yet, and might not ever, be realized.

I will once again welcome the hate for saying this. L and his staff cant develop bigs.
I agree with you. Player development has to be questioned at this point, especially with the run of bigs we’ve failed to develop into at least serviceable players over the last few years. Rodney miller, Gak, Walker, Casey, and now Nwoko.

Can’t believe how sloppy and uninspired this team plays
Maybe someone needs to ask the tall guy who stands on the front part of the bench with his arms folded, why that is? Unfortunately, he doesn't look like he has an answer for it.

Can you imagine what Saban would do if his team played the way we have this month?

Advertisement
I agree with you. Player development has to be questioned at this point, especially with the run of bigs we’ve failed to develop into at least serviceable players over the last few years. Rodney miller, Gak, Walker, Casey, and now Nwoko.
It’s not near time yet to give up on Nwoko, but his development is being hampered without getting more minutes. I wish L would hire somebody who specializes in front court play. All these retired NBA guys live within 30 minutes of you, call somebody for help. It’s all he’s missing.

It sucks bc he’s such a good coach otherwise and he’s shown he can put together teams that can win the tournament. Just won’t ever win against the elites with NBA 4s and 5s. The two best teams in Miami history got blown out when they ran into those matchups.

Don’t get it either. Watson hasn’t done much on offense but he was really coming along as a defender.
the thing about it is, he is a good player. Don't really need him to score but just learn his niche like Poplar did last year. Poplar was inconsistent first half of the year but kept getting playing time and found a groove the last month of the season. Not playing Watson is just reckless by the coaching staff. He will be gone after the season. Couple that with Casey having no clue how to play and this is what you have.

Advertisement
Exactly what is Watson good at? I probably would have given him a shot tonight too, but he brings very little to the table.
he gives the team some size, especially on the perimeter. He has also shown to be adequate defensively at least. Poplar and Pack need help defensively, they aren't very good on that side of the floor but the team needs them to score. If you don't play Watson he isn't gonna become good at anything

Don't even want to talk about it.

Argue Scary Movie GIF

Advertisement
It's weird, this team has been unable to hit FTs lately, and that's been the difference. If Miami merely shoots their season average from the line, Miami likely has 1-2 more conference wins right now. Is it fatigue? Is it a lack of focus? Whatever it is, this team has to figure it out and in a hurry. Can't afford to let this season get away from them.
Totally. Obviously there are other things to fix, but we could’ve still won tonight (playing as bad as we did) if we just made some more FTs. Not looking good as we get deeper into conference play but hope they can figure it out.

Another loss. What started out promising now looks not so much.

This team just isn’t as good as many thought.

I still say there’s something else going going on. Guys seem more interested in auditioning for the league than playing for L.

Another loss. What started out promising now looks not so much.

This team just isn’t as good as many thought.

I still say there’s something else going going on. Guys seem more interested in auditioning for the league than playing for L.
Very hard to gel new parts, especially the very important parts we lost last year.

I wanted to believe this new version could get it done without the real length, but when Coach L himself said they don’t seem to listen/take the coaching (or whatever variation of that he said)….that isn’t great.

To me, this is what it is…a dangerous team when they are firing on all cylinders, and very sadly disappointing when they don’t.

A bridge year maybe for a Coach L last run with hopefully some bigger portal help.

I still hope that we can make a decent run in the dance, but this team seems to be regressing trying to find its place…hard to not understand that in such a truncated amount of time. Anything is possible tho.

Advertisement
Back