Miami Flo's Predictions

I am speaking on the current regime. Jacurri has already been labeled a Manny recruit keep up.
I didn't read the whole thread so not entirely sure what exactly is being debated, but don't we only have 1 season to judge the current regime in regards to HS qbs? I don't see how we can draw a conclusion based on one season where we saw a true-freshman QB used sparingly. Heck, I don't think we saw anything from class of 2023 QBs this past season, across the country.

Advertisement
You're speaking in absolutes as if there's only one way of thinking that's right.

The truth is somewhere in the middle (as it almost always in these CIS arguments).

You can take a variety of approaches when it comes to QB but the fact is, most high school QBs are busts.

For every Drew Allar (class of 2022) there is also Cade Klubnik, Ty Simpson, Walker Howard, Devin Brown, Gunner Stockton, Sam Horn, Nick Evers, Brady Allen, AJ Duffy, Tayven Jackson, Katin Houser, etc. Most of those are busts or jury is still out but likelihood they bust.

For every JJ McCarthy (class of 2021) there is also Quinn Ewers (transfer), Caleb Williams (transfer), Sam Huard (bust), Brock Vandagriff (transfer), Kyle McCord (transfer), Ty Thompson (transfer), Jake Garcia (bust), Jaxson Dart (transfer), Tyler Buchner (bust), Kaidon Salter (transfer), Carlos Del Rio-Wilson (bust), etc. Milroe and Stone are solid QBs though from that class.

The list goes on and on and on. The odds are most QBs in each class end up busting.

Should we take a good QB prospect every year? Yes, absolutely. I don't think anyone is saying we shouldn't.

But unless you're a QB whisperer, which Mario isn't, then is there also a different approach to take by investing in proven commodities and getting a better bang for your buck. You still need to play both sides of the coin but it's a reasonable strategy.
The problem is no one is arguing against taking a portal QB. My question is about taking a future QB. We could have signed Ward and Sayin or Rashada or Moore or any of the other 5-7 QBs we've spent resources recruiting in the last 2 years from the portal. Instead we have 3 QBs that I don't believe will be full time starters at Miami on the roster. That is a big dropoff from not overspending.

A simple concept that most understand pretty easily: the top teams are already on top when they sign blue-chip QBs. It's an easy sell and they don't need to overpay. But let's look at the top schools' starters next year:

Ohio State- Transfer
Georgia- #19-ranked QB
Michigan- Battle between 3* and transfer
Alabama- #13-ranked QB
Washington- Transfer
Texas- Transfer
Florida State- Transfer
Oregon- Transfer
D every school you listed took a transfer QB this cycle lol even the ones that may go with the guy they signed in HS.

I didn't read the whole thread so not entirely sure what exactly is being debated, but don't we only have 1 season to judge the current regime in regards to HS qbs? I don't see how we can draw a conclusion based on one season where we saw a true-freshman QB used sparingly. Heck, I don't think we saw anything from class of 2023 QBs this past season, across the country.
Avery Johnson KSU
Jackson Arnold OU
Nico Iamaleava UT

Advertisement
WTF are you talking about dumb dumb? “brag on signing day” ?? I’m not on any social media site and the only people I communicate online is on here.

What “facts” not going to change my opinion?? The “fact” that you were immediately proven wrong?? The fact is the teams competing for NC are investing big in HS QBs. The fact is Mario like them is trying to invest big in HS QBs while fans like you try to push the narrative that is”dumb” and the way to go is bargain basement hunting for a needle in the haystack. The fact is Mario is going to eventually land one and the fact is when he does the silly narrative you’re pushing will change.
Its not gonna change if we land one and when he doesnt start immediately he transfers to LSU. Plus why the personal insults? You prevent me from responding to your last response now this. D$ shows u factual information about where the sport is going. Not opinion. Fact.

Dont get into expensive bidding wars for High school QBs.

A simple concept that most understand pretty easily: the top teams are already on top when they sign blue-chip QBs. It's an easy sell and they don't need to overpay. But let's look at the top schools' starters next year:

Ohio State- Transfer
Georgia- #19-ranked QB
Michigan- Battle between 3* and transfer
Alabama- #13-ranked QB
Washington- Transfer
Texas- Transfer
Florida State- Transfer
Oregon- Transfer
Ohio state - Noland
Georgia - Puglisu
Michigan - Davis
Alabama - Holstein
Texas - Manning
Florida St - Kromenhoek
Oregon - Novosad

Miami- Judd

Advertisement
The problem is no one is arguing against taking a portal QB. My question is about taking a future QB. We could have signed Ward and Sayin or Rashada or Moore or any of the other 5-7 QBs we've spent resources recruiting in the last 2 years from the portal. Instead we have 3 QBs that I don't believe will be full time starters at Miami on the roster. That is a big dropoff from not overspending.
Avery Johnson KSU
Jackson Arnold OU
Nico Iamaleava UT
Ok now I'm not really sure what you're arguing about.

Avery Johnson hasn't done **** lol. He may be good but throwing his name out there as if he's a future 1st round pick is wild. The guy can't throw.

Same can be said for Jackson and Nico but I have greater confidence they'll perform well.

You're talking about a bunch of unproven guys and freaking out. Look at the 2022 guys which I mentioned. Most of the top QBs are busts or have had to transfer.

Not that I think Emory is better or the future or anything, but each of those guys played like one game. So I really don't see how we can draw conclusions about their ability
They are the starting QB for their respective teams. Emory got replaced for this year and next already. I draw the conclusion that we don't have our future QB on the roster, and those teams do.

So just to recap, Carson Beck was the #19 QB that year and ranked below the likes of:

DJ Uiagalelei
Evan Prater
Ja'Quinden Jackson
Hudson Card
Malik Hornsby
Harrison Bailey
Luke Doty
Haynes King
Ethan Garbers
Shane Illingworth
Jay Butterfield
Chubba Purdy
Tyler Van Dyke
Jeff Sims
Drew Pyne

So go back to the drawing board, @cway313 and @TRick72

Carson Beck is your big flex?? The #254 player in the country while we haven’t signed a QB inside the top 600? Carson Beck that was actively recruited hard by big P4 programs and not a bunch of G5 teams or lower? The Carson Beck that plays for UGA who continues to spend big on HS QBs and has signed 3 Top 10 QBs since signing Beck?? That Carson Beck??

Advertisement
Ok now I'm not really sure what you're arguing about.

Avery Johnson hasn't done **** lol. He may be good but throwing his name out there as if he's a future 1st round pick is wild. The guy can't throw.

Same can be said for Jackson and Nico but I have greater confidence they'll perform well.

You're talking about a bunch of unproven guys and freaking out. Look at the 2022 guys which I mentioned. Most of the top QBs are busts or have had to transfer
Newsflash: Players Bust At Every Position. I can post the 2023 QB portal class and show busts. The safest bet is to stack talent. If the talent comes from HS or portal so be it. Do not stack 3*s is the point.

We don’t have enough information to proclaim one is greater than the other at this point. 50% of the QB’s in last year’s playoffs were transfers. How can you look at cfb in 2024 and say it hasn’t changed?

If you look at the top 5 betting favorites to win the natty. 3 of the 5 will feature a transfer QB. 5 out the 5 took a QB in the portal this cycle. Oregon took 2.

Georgia, OSU, Texas, Oregon, Bama

Every single one of those teams is still investing big in HS QBs. It’s not the either or that some here want to make it.

Advertisement
Every single one of those teams is still investing big in HS QBs. It’s not the either or that some here want to make it.
They don’t have to make the same kind of investment a Miami would have to make to land the same QB though. It’s drastically different. We have to overpay for that equivalent QB which hinders us spending elsewhere. It isn’t an even playing field.

Also if you look at the current class. Only OSU has a top 5 QB committed.

If you spend on a HS QB they better be generational and you better have a plan to play him early.

Exactly 💯 people act like a 2-3 yr transfer is the same as a 1 yr rental and it's not. Most the successful transfers were at their 2nd school for multiple years. It take time to master a playbook and play without thinking. Joe Burrow
Baker Mayfield
Jayden Daniels
Jordan Travis
Micheal Penix
Jaxson Dart
That 2nd and 3rd yr is always better and you get him for cheaper NIL bc he's already in your building. The few 1 and dines that work usually follow their coach so it's the sane system. Though Cam might an exception imagine if he had 2 yrs like at Miami.

Carson Beck is your big flex?? The #254 player in the country while we haven’t signed a QB inside the top 600? Carson Beck that was actively recruited hard by big P4 programs and not a bunch of G5 teams or lower? The Carson Beck that plays for UGA who continues to spend big on HS QBs and has signed 3 Top 10 QBs since signing Beck?? That Carson Beck??
You can’t answer the simple question I posed so you’re changing the subject.

We aren’t recruiting as well as Georgia. Judd was not my pick. Nobody ever pushed either of those arguments, so you’re arguing with the wall.

The point was that NOT A SINGLE top quarterback entering the 2024 season was a Top 10 high school quarterback who stayed with his team. They all either ranked outside the Top 10, transferred, or both. That is the reality of modern college football. It makes no sense to pay big money for a prospect type that is increasingly unlikely to succeed.

Now a new trend is starting where the big schools are taking former elite HS qb’s as transfers to groom for the future. The game has completely changed. Georgia, OSU, Oregon and Bama have young portal QB’s on ice.

…..While continuing to recruit elite HS QBs

Advertisement
Back