Miami Flo's Predictions

The difference is it appeases the idiots that think you don't need a real QB2 on the roster to develop for the future.
Lots of idiots on here but I do think that there really isn’t one right answer and we are figuring it out as we go. I was pro HS recruiting through and through and looked at the portal as more of a supplemental option. The early returns, and I stress early as this is only the third cycle of the portal/NIL era, say it actually may make sense to go the portal route over HS altogether. I mean look at some of our 2023 transfers out. We paid those guys a bunch of money for a year to do nothing. If we are going to treat it like a salary cap, we need to figure it out cause that was a blunder.

Now focusing on QB, as it pertains to our situation, well it’s a results driven business and based on just roster building, going the portal route seems to have been the right go of it so far. We went into the portal and grabbed the best one available and now have the best QB in the conference. Can’t argue with that and Mario and the NIL crew get their flowers there. Now did we over pay? Maybe but we got our guy and it changed the trajectory of the entire season, and I believe Mario was ****ed if he didn’t land Cam or someone comparable.

Going forward it’s going to be interesting where all of this lands. If we turn around next year and get another transfer stud, reality will be that it’s the best route to go. That remains to be seen though. I am getting the inkling though that HS recruiting is a bygone era thing, just get the best guys out of the portal, pay them and **** wasting money on any freshmen unless they are going to play. The era of stacking rosters appear to be over from my viewpoint. Time will tell thoug, I was already wrong once in this very topic so…

Advertisement
Honestly missed whichever “simple question” it was you posed so please enlighten me. Wasn’t trying to change the subject.
Here you go: name the best quarterback in CFB for 2024 who: (1) was a Top 10 quarterback out of high school; and (2) is on the same team that signed him out of high school. You're going to go far down the list of top teams and top QBs before you find one.

As for the "narrative,” Mario is trying to sign expensive QBs. He wanted Rashada and he wanted Noland. I, personally, disagree with the approach from a budget standpoint. Bring me DTs and CBs.

All I'm pushing are the facts. Transfer QBs dominate the draft, in increasing numbers. The top QBs in the nation this year are either transfers, non-Top 10 HS recruits, or both. Including the best QB we’ve had since Dorsey.

In a changing world, the numbers say it's dumb decision to spend big on a high school QB. Spend that money on the positions where you can't pull a proven, future draft pick from the Portal.

Do I love our young QBs? No. Wouldn't have been my picks. I'm intrigued with the concept of pulling young, blue-chip QBs from the Portal (the Oregon/Dante Moore approach).

But spending millions on a high school kid who is likely to bust or transfer is fiscally irresponsible. Let’s be ahead of the numbers instead of lagging behind with old, out-of-date thinking.

Lots of idiots on here but I do think that there really isn’t one right answer and we are figuring it out as we go. I was pro HS recruiting through and through and looked at the portal as more of a supplemental option. The early returns, and I stress early as this is only the third cycle of the portal/NIL era, say it actually may make sense to go the portal route over HS altogether. I mean look at some of our 2023 transfers out. We paid those guys a bunch of money for a year to do nothing. If we are going to treat it like a salary cap, we need to figure it out cause that was a blunder.

Now focusing on QB, as it pertains to our situation, well it’s a results driven business and based on just roster building, going the portal route seems to have been the right go of it so far. We went into the portal and grabbed the best one available and now have the best QB in the conference. Can’t argue with that and Mario and the NIL crew get their flowers there. Now did we over pay? Maybe but we got our guy and it changed the trajectory of the entire season, and I believe Mario was ****ed if he didn’t land Cam or someone comparable.

Going forward it’s going to be interesting where all of this lands. If we turn around next year and get another transfer stud, reality will be that it’s the best route to go. That remains to be seen though. I am getting the inkling though that HS recruiting is a bygone era thing, just get the best guys out of the portal, pay them and **** wasting money on any freshmen unless they are going to play. The era of stacking rosters appear to be over from my viewpoint. Time will tell thoug, I was already wrong once in this very topic so…
I agree with most of that. Players are getting cut at the highest rate ever. I don't think it's subjective to say our QB floor needs to be elevated greatly.

Advertisement
And he was in the 2021 class. He was #2 that year. #1 was Quinn Ewers and #3 was Sam Huard.

Edit:
Top 3 for 2022:
1. Drew Allar
2. Cade Klubnik
3. Conner Weigman

Top 3 for 2023:
1. Arch Manning
2. Nico Iamaleava
3. Dante Moore
1. I'm not an Allar fan but if PSU has a good season he could go R1.
2. I hate Klubnik
3. Weigman looked pretty good before injury

1. Arch has looked good in practice whatever that means.
2. Nico is the starter we will see.
3. Moore trust the D (No Diddy)

Correct. He carried Ohio State there, just as they imagined when they signed him to a huge deal out of high school. Right?
Wouldn't the smarter play be to sign him out of HS or the portal 2 years ago? Right?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Its not gonna change if we land one and when he doesnt start immediately he transfers to LSU. Plus why the personal insults? You prevent me from responding to your last response now this. D$ shows u factual information about where the sport is going. Not opinion. Fact.

Dont get into expensive bidding wars for High school QBs.

I haven’t prevented you or anyone else for that matter from replying to my post, so have no idea what you’re talking about. Don’t insult me by trying to be slick and throwing shade at me in your response to other posters. You got something to say to me feel free to @ me.

I can thread ban D$ for you.

💁🏻‍♂️
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Advertisement
Back