Miami Flo's Predictions

…..While continuing to recruit elite HS QBs
They aren’t though. What’s an elite QB?

I said only OSU has fulfilled this in the current cycle and I can guarantee there will be turnover within their QB room next year.

they’re recruiting respectable guys that may develop into something.

Advertisement
Carson Beck was the #19 rated QB in that class. So take another crack at it.

Ohio state - Noland
Georgia - Puglisu
Michigan - Davis
Alabama - Holstein
Texas - Manning
Florida St - Kromenhoek
Oregon - Novosad

Miami- Judd
Those are all successful programs and currently don't have to overpay for a top 5 or 10 QB. For a school like Miami, that has struggled, the cost would be much higher, and ROI for 1-2 years is dog ****. Why not sign the best portal QB each year and pray you can develop QB ranked 11-30 and spend the $$ at other positions to put those guys in a position to succeed.

You can’t answer the simple question I posed so you’re changing the subject.

We aren’t recruiting as well as Georgia. Judd was not my pick. Nobody ever pushed either of those arguments, so your arguing with the wall.

The point was that NOT A SINGLE top quarterback entering the 2024 season was a Top 10 high school quarterback who stayed with his team. They all either ranked outside the Top 10, transferred, or both. That is the reality of modern college football. It makes no sense to pay big money for a prospect type that is increasingly unlikely to succeed.
You made a narritive then argued for It's relevance. It's just as possible in 6 months that 3 or 4 of the top QB are top 10 HS recruits at their original school. Players have a tendecy to improve. Not many had Mccarthy as a top 10 pick a year ago. The difference is you haven't even attempted to respond to any of the other questions.

Luke Nickel is underrated. Im confident he will end uo a blue chip QB. I wanted Air Noland last cycle, wanted Rashada before that and if we had a shot with Nico, **** yea. Yet if we have to outbid Texas or Tennessee or whomever wants to spend crazy money for them, **** no.

The QB position is the easiest to fill in the portal. Its the most valuable position but only one can play. We can go back to all the belly ache crying in December to recap how alot of you were carrying on when we had all the injuries and TVD leaving 5 months later......

U can go take blue chip QBs off man roster, who become impatient. U can get G5 QBs who threw for 5k yards, u can take lower P4 starting QBs off man roster. And you know what else? They are less likely to transfer if they have multiple year eligibility.

What effing sicko doesn’t have dark mode
mini GIF

Advertisement
They don’t have to make the same kind of investment a Miami would have to make to land the same QB though. It’s drastically different. We have to overpay for that equivalent QB which hinders us spending elsewhere. It isn’t an even playing field.

Also if you look at the current class. Only OSU has a top 5 QB committed.

If you spend on a HS QB they better be generational and you better have a plan to play him early.
It doesn't even have to always be HS even a RS FR or SO next December is cool. You just want multiple yr guys if possible so you get a bang for your buck. What if you gamble on the portal and its a bad portal yr at that position. The CFB portal and NFL FA are both band aids usually you get a multiple yr guy.

Ohio state - Noland
Georgia - Puglisu
Michigan - Davis
Alabama - Holstein
Texas - Manning
Florida St - Kromenhoek
Oregon - Novosad

Miami- Judd
Of that list who have been in college a season, you have:
Holstein - No stats. Transferred to Pitt. On3 CFB NIL rank #1287
Manning - His stats are 2/5 for 40 yards. On3 NIL says $2.4m. n3 CFB NIL rank #3
Novosad - His stats are 9/11 for 52 yards. On3 CFB NIL rank #1981

You're doing great.
thumbs-up-usher.gif

Advertisement
It doesn't even have to always be HS even a RS FR or SO next December is cool. You just want multiple yr guys if possible so you get a bang for your buck. What if you gamble on the portal and its a bad portal yr at that position. The CFB portal and NFL FA are both band aids usually you get a multiple yr guy.
That’s why you recruit and develop guys like Emory that you know worst case scenario you can still win games with them but they aren’t necessarily NFL players. If you recruit at an elite level the bad for what you need your QB to do is lowered.

But roster management is real. Blue chip QB’s have the highest bust rate, highest transfer rate and are the most expensive players.

They aren’t though. What’s an elite QB?

I said only OSU has fulfilled this in the current cycle and I can guarantee there will be turnover within their QB room next year.

they’re recruiting respectable guys that may develop into something.
What's an elite QB is crazy. What's an elite anything in high school?

You made a narritive then argued for It's relevance. It's just as possible in 6 months that 3 or 4 of the top QB are top 10 HS recruits at their original school. Players have a tendecy to improve. Not many had Mccarthy as a top 10 pick a year ago. The difference is you haven't even attempted to respond to any of the other questions.
Which question? I answered yours directly.

Can you explain why all other major universities still believe in their ability to evaluate and develop blue chip QBs?
A simple concept that most understand pretty easily: the top teams are already on top when they sign blue-chip QBs. It's an easy sell and they don't need to overpay. But let's look at the top schools' starters next year:

Ohio State- Transfer
Georgia- #19-ranked QB
Michigan- Battle between 3* and transfer
Alabama- #13-ranked QB
Washington- Transfer
Texas- Transfer
Florida State- Transfer
Oregon- Transfer

Advertisement
What's an elite QB is crazy. What's an elite anything in high school?
It’s not crazy at all. If you open up the check book for a HS QB elite means starting either immediately or by year 2 at the latest. Elite means NFL. NFL means multi year starter typically with QB’s that’s 3+ years of starting snaps.

Which question? I answered yours directly.
I'll just look for middle ground. Do you belive our QB depth chart is sustainable? Do you think it's fair to say we need to add more talent to our QB room? If the answer to either of those is yes I'm ok with moving this back to Flo predictions. If not, I'm also ok agreeing to disagree.

Advertisement
You can’t answer the simple question I posed so you’re changing the subject.

We aren’t recruiting as well as Georgia. Judd was not my pick. Nobody ever pushed either of those arguments, so you’re arguing with the wall.

The point was that NOT A SINGLE top quarterback entering the 2024 season was a Top 10 high school quarterback who stayed with his team. They all either ranked outside the Top 10, transferred, or both. That is the reality of modern college football. It makes no sense to pay big money for a prospect type that is increasingly unlikely to succeed.

Honestly missed whichever “simple question” it was you posed so please enlighten me. Wasn’t trying to change the subject.

Now my point was that you’re pushing a narrative “that it makes no sense to pay for big money for a HS QB” because we’ve so far failed in our attempt to land one. So now answer my simple question.

When we invariably land one of these High ranked big money HS QBs that Mario has continued to pursue are you still going to be here negging the pic saying “it makes no sense” or are you going to be flooding the board with hype threads with their “continued reading” links claiming what a coup it was for Mario??

When was the last time a top 3-5 HS QB came into CFB and was dominant?

Advertisement
Back