Miami Flo's Predictions

For those that missed it, @Brooklyndee dropped the bombshell and Dylan Raiola was silently committed to the Canes for ~1 month last cycle. Personally, I thought Flo was talking about Sayin.

I've updated this prediction

Recruiting Hit Rate: 75% (69/92)
Non-Recruiting Hit Rate: 66% (4/6)

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
9/27Miami is currently working on flipping a big time QB committed elsewhereFlip Never happenedHit. Raiola was a silent according to Dee.
Sayin was the QB we were working late once everything passed with raiola.

Advertisement
Sayin was the QB we were working late once everything passed with raiola.
Yea, I figured that cause some info briefly got leaked in the Sayin thread early one morning and then quickly was deleted. Unless you happened to be in the thread at the time, you probably never saw it.

Nothing really earth shattering, just that we were trying for the flip, but at the time, this wasn't public info and could've alerted Bama so the post was nuked. So I knew we were trying to flip, but IDK how advanced it got in the flip process.

So in other words, Mario didn’t get the official CIS memo that paying for Elite QBs out of HS is stupid?? I see what you’re Sayin
This was never the company line. Mario loves splashy signings. But the numbers speak for themselves: 8 transfer QBs drafted compared to 3 from high school (and one of those was South Florida 3* Michael Pratt).

I hadn't heard the Raiola thing ever being that far along but I can ask.

This was never the company line. Mario loves splashy signings. But the numbers speak for themselves: 8 transfer QBs drafted compared to 3 from high school (and one of those was South Florida 3* Michael Pratt).

I hadn't heard the Raiola thing ever being that far along but I can ask.

Something tells me this narrative isn’t going to be so prevalent here once Mario starts landing elite HS QB recruits

I see what you’re Sayin

Don't think I didn't notice what you did there 👆🏽. Was going to applaud your efforts because it was so smooth and subtle.

Well Done Reaction GIF

But I now realize this is a slippery slope. Brothers like @Cane&Abel see you got away with this and are pushing the envelope.

What say you @JamesQuall? I say he gets a Yellow card here, warning and gets to walk away with no disqualification or fine. I don't think you can get a conviction in a court of law cause he used it in a sentence and can claim he just forgot the 'g'.

Warning No Way GIF by Football Australia

Advertisement
Don't think I didn't notice what you did there 👆🏽. Was going to applaud your efforts because it was so smooth and subtle.

Well Done Reaction GIF

But I now realize this is a slippery slope. Brothers like @Cane&Abel see you got away with this and are pushing the envelope.

What say you @JamesQuall? I say he gets a Yellow card here, warning and gets to walk away with no disqualification or fine. I don't think you can get a conviction in a court of law cause he used it in a sentence and can claim he just forgot the 'g'.

Warning No Way GIF by Football Australia

This is UNJUST !!!! I used talk to text and that’s how it came out brother ! 😂😂

Advertisement
Yall missing the point that D$ been making. He didnt say not to recruit or sign highly rated HS QBs. He said, dont get into expensive bidding wars for them.

I’m not missing any point. His plan is to recruit “less expensive high upside Multisport QBs” in other words low ranked QBs just like the ones we’ve been landing. Meanwhile Mario and staff have targeted High ranked expensive QBs but they just haven’t landed any. I believe they eventually will and when they do this narrative will change.

IMG_4006.jpeg

I’m not missing any point. His plan is to recruit “less expensive high upside Multisport QBs” in other words low ranked QBs just like the ones we’ve been landing. Meanwhile Mario and staff have targeted High ranked expensive QBs but they just haven’t landed any. I believe they eventually will and when they do this narrative will change.

View attachment 288259
What effing sicko doesn’t have dark mode

I'll say it clearly once again: don't pay big for high school QBs. It's a bad investment.

Eight portal QBs compared to three high school QBs in this year's draft. And one of those three high school QBs was a low-ranked kid from Boca Raton.

@TRick72, here is an exercise that might help: name the best quarterback in CFB for 2024 who: (1) was a Top 10 quarterback out of high school; and (2) is on the same team that signed him out of high school.

The game has changed. It's not a narrative. It's common sense based on the numbers. Spend big on Portal QBs and high school CBs and DTs.

I'll say it clearly once again: don't pay big for high school QBs. It's a bad investment.

Eight portal QBs compared to three high school QBs in this year's draft. And one of those three high school QBs was a low-ranked kid from Boca Raton.

@TRick72, here is an exercise that might help: name the best quarterback in the CFB for 2024 who: (1) was a Top 10 quarterback out of high school; and (2) is on the same team that signed him out of high school.

The game has changed. It's not a narrative. It's common sense based on the numbers. Spend big on Portal QBs and high school CBs and DTs.
He needs to be able to brag on signing say. Facts not gonna change his opinion. Fact is if we start getting into bidding wars for High school QBs, we are gonna be the one looking stupid when they get impatient and leave the roster because they did not start after 2 spring games.

Advertisement

@TRick72, here is an exercise that might help: name the best quarterback in CFB for 2024 who: (1) was a Top 10 quarterback out of high school; and (2) is on the same team that signed him out of high school.

Name the schools signing 3* QBs as the plan going forward.

Big difference between signing a solid 4* quarterback and getting into a bidding war for a 5* who wants a $13 million deal.

Rashada and Manning are two high dollar QBs I can think of offhand. What have they done to justify the kind of money we're paying Ward?

Advertisement
So I take it you can’t answer my question?

As for your question, the plan shouldn’t be “sign 3-star QBs.” The plan is to allocate a modest amount of NIL to high school QBs and sign the best player you can sign. As the team wins and improves its brand equity, you will have more options for that modest amount of budget.

So I take it you can’t answer my question?

As for your question, the plan shouldn’t be “sign 3-star QBs.” The plan is to allocate a modest amount of NIL to high school QBs and sign the best player you can sign. As the team wins and improves its brand equity, you will have more options for that modest amount of budget.
You didn't ask me a question. I did however ask you a question. Carson Beck is projected to be the #1 overall pick in 2024. Your turn.

Advertisement
Back