Miami finishes ranked 22nd in AP

Played like a top 20 team all year, ending at 22 isn’t surprising.
Let’s get 10 wins next year and play with some more consistency.

Advertisement
It is not at all. I am saying BYU beat: Navy, Troy, LA Tech; UTSA; Houston; Texas State; Western Kentucky; Boise; North Alabama; and San Diego State. Lost to Coastal Carolina. Can you ID one loss on that schedule for us? No. If BYU went undefeated, they are still not getting into the top 4, if we did, we would. Strength of Schedule matters and unless it is top 4, the committee really doesn't put much emphasis on it. Letting the BYU and Coastal Carolinas into the top 20 is basically their fake "reward" for running the table against bad teams.

You just looked at names and saw lower level schools and said we are "lumped in" with them. Hence why I brought up other college "blue bloods" that we were above. If each one of those teams I mentioned won 2-3 more games, they are likely ranked and the BYU's arent, would you have then felt better to be ranked in the 20's surrounded by USC, texas, LSU, Auburn, and Oregon? My point is it makes no difference who is around us and to try to lump us in with those teams is a fallacy. It also fails to account that a team like BYU went 11-1, if we had played against GT and beat them, would that have moved us up in the rankings? Yes. Does it mean we are better or any different of a team they just ranked at 22? No.

Also to show this argument is not pigeon holed to BYU, look at Iowa who you also listed... they had two losses, one less than us to Purdue and NW. They also had 2 less wins and beat Mich State (2-5); Minn(3-4); Penn St (4-5); Neb (3-5); Ill (2-6) and wisc (4-3) so one team barely over 500 and they had only 6 wins. Indiana? Same thing, Lost to Ole miss and OSU; beat one team over 500 (wisc at 4-3) This was just an odd year for rankings overall. Do I think we are a top 10 team? No. Do I think we are a top 25 team? yes. Do I think we are on par with the BYU's and of the world? No.
In one of our best years in 15 years, those are the teams that are comparable to us. The p5 teams we beat have like a 34-40 record too. We beat one decent team and that’s it. And no, we wouldn’t have moved up the rankings had we beat gt, just like we didn’t when we beat duke

Odd. If you read this board you’d think we were the worst team in the history of college football. But somehow we ended the season ranked for just the 4th time in the last 15(!) years.

It didn’t end how we wanted but we took a step forward this season. Need to take another step forward next season.
Natural progression....

Don’t laugh at this comment, but I’m throwing down some money in Vegas tomorrow on Miami to win the national championship next season. I’m guessing we’ll be 300/500 to 1. With the transfers coming in, the returning players and king, I can’t help but to think we could win the ACC. If we do and beat Alabama week one, “they play the games for a reason”, why not us. A quarterback, two kickers, lock down defense with depth, 50% plus four star roster and two Heisman candidates and possibly two pre-season all Americans... I’ll hang up and listen. 🤔 Yes I’m a homer and proud the **** of it.
No one caught the plural on transfers 😂

Advertisement
In one of our best years in 15 years, those are the teams that are comparable to us. The p5 teams we beat have like a 34-40 record too. We beat one decent team and that’s it. And no, we wouldn’t have moved up the rankings had we beat gt, just like we didn’t when we beat duke

This is where you and I differ, give us BYU's schedule, we go undefeated, finish top ten, but don't sniff the CFP. Are you then happy pounding your chest that we finished ahead of UF and all these other schools? You also conveniently left out USC, and texas, as our company in the ranking but that wouldn't fit your narrative would it?

We also would have moved up if we played GT. If we blow out GT and Duke back to back, we move higher than 10, if we played GT on Dec 18th like resched, we would have moved up because we already dropped in the rankings to 18th, if we win, we move up because there is more room, only reason we didn't after Duke was because we were already #10, the top 6 stayed unchanged and all won, and one team jumped us after a big upset win.

Don’t laugh at this comment, but I’m throwing down some money in Vegas tomorrow on Miami to win the national championship next season. I’m guessing we’ll be 300/500 to 1. With the transfers coming in, the returning players and king, I can’t help but to think we could win the ACC. If we do and beat Alabama week one, “they play the games for a reason”, why not us. A quarterback, two kickers, lock down defense with depth, 50% plus four star roster and two Heisman candidates and possibly two pre-season all Americans... I’ll hang up and listen. 🤔 Yes I’m a homer and proud the **** of it.

Who are the two Heisman candidates? Genuinely curious. King and...?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back