Miami finishes ranked 22nd in AP

Advertisement
Odd. If you read this board you’d think we were the worst team in the history of college football. But somehow we ended the season ranked for just the 4th time in the last 15(!) years.

It didn’t end how we wanted but we took a step forward this season. Need to take another step forward next season.

Advertisement
If we make a couple more defensive changes, the culture continues to change, and some young guys step up, then we should finish no worse than 10-2 in the regular season.

Odd. If you read this board you’d think we were the worst team in the history of college football. But somehow we ended the season ranked for just the 4th time in the last 15(!) years.

It didn’t end how we wanted but we took a step forward this season. Need to take another step forward next season.
Once again it's about HOW we got to those three losses that's becoming a recurring theme for this program -

- didn't put up a fight v. Clemson
- utterly embarrassing and historically bad late season loss
- no-showed the first half of the bowl game en route to yet another loss

So yes, 8-3 is better than 6-7 especially in this clusterf#ck of a season, and I think 22 is about where we should be as a program. That said, the trend for even our "good" seasons is becoming sadly predictable.

Advertisement
Bowl game win would have had us top 15, maybe top 12 even.

UF was ranked #13 at 8-4 🙄... I guess they had 4 "quality losses".

Once again it's about HOW we got to those three losses that's becoming a recurring theme for this program -

So yes, 8-3 is better than 6-7 especially in this clusterf#ck of a season, and I think 22 is about where we should be as a program. That said, the trend for even our "good" seasons is becoming sadly predictable.

Exhibit A of why this board is allowed to be such a cesspool. Outside of a couple of them, the mods mope around here this bïtch too.

With friends like these..

Anyways, I guess I just don’t see how you can talk about recurring and themes when a staff has just completed it’s 2nd season.

Especially considering the 1st season largely consisted of despicable Ls to subpar P5s and G5s bc of a terrible O, while this year the Ls were to 3 ranked teams bc of poor D. Sure they were mostly ugly losses but I’m not catching your themes. Unless it’s progress, since we at least beat the teams that we definitely should have, fought in the bowl game and finished ranked. Of course it’s not though, bc this board expects to finish undefeated yearly while also regularly decrying the team’s overall talent level. Shît never makes sense on here so whatever fits today’s agenda.

But sure man, “once again” we suck. Fire everybody and consider folding the program. The landscape of college football is LOADED with dominant programs and we are so desperately behind them all that we can’t hope to compete moving forward.

If any of the following would have happened, we would have been top-15, IMO:

1. Kept within 3 scores of Clemson
2. Not had a record-breaking loss to UNC (even a "regular" loss would have done it)
3. Given a crap about the bowl game in the first 15 minutes

Especially #2 for me. So far, the Diaz Era has been defined by incremental progress tainted by annual inexcusable, near-hilariously bad performances (FIU 2019, UNC 2020).

Advertisement

I don't know why people can't see this. when the losses become atleast competitive then talk to me about being close. we don't even show up in meaningful games.

Yup, I'm calling undefeated national champs for next year. You heard it here first, remember that.

22, no shame in that. Won some games we would've lost last year. Keep improving and maybe we make a playoff one day.

I don't know why people can't see this. when the losses become atleast competitive then talk to me about being close. we don't even show up in meaningful games.
People also hang on the bad. Relentlessly.

FIU - should have never lost, Jarren was atrocious and sometimes you can’t overcome turnovers.

UNC - the horse was out of the barn and it imploded. Alabama did that to OSU last night, we did it to ND a few years ago.

Advertisement
If any of the following would have happened, we would have been top-15, IMO:

1. Kept within 3 scores of Clemson
2. Not had a record-breaking loss to UNC (even a "regular" loss would have done it)
3. Given a crap about the bowl game in the first 15 minutes

Especially #2 for me. So far, the Diaz Era has been defined by incremental progress tainted by annual inexcusable, near-hilariously bad performances (FIU 2019, UNC 2020).
That UNC loss is the problem. There were other teams that had huge losses after us but we did it first to a UNC team that got whipped by FSU. UNC came out of it looking great and we looked ridiculous.

The other 3 times we finished ranked I don’t believe we won even 8 games the next year. 2006, 2014, 2018 were all disasters. This years team with 17-19 returning starters plus already 1-2 impactful transfers has a chance to set manny on a different course. I think for the right portal player manny should be willing to dip into next years 25 scholarships to chase a big year. A mediocre season and we’ll struggle to find 25 quality guys anyway

Nothing else needs to be said.. All that goodwill we built up was erased with a record setting performance at home against freakin UNC.. You lose like that at home wipes away alot and the whole nation saw it. Then next game nation will see is opening weekend against defending champs, juggernaut alabama introducing a bunch of new stars ready for their debut

That UNC loss is the problem. There were other teams that had huge losses after us but we did it first to a UNC team that got whipped by FSU. UNC came out of it looking great and we looked ridiculous.
So now it's about quality losses? Cool story. How we lose is the barometer.

Advertisement
Back